Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX - Encrypted] 3D Engine (Real 3D)

good work but completly useless. If people want to make 3D, they shouldn't go for rmxp. that's simple as that... If i want to do 3D ( which happens sometime) i use my version of Unreal Editor and the unreal script.. or get ogre engine.

would be better to create an SDL wrapper, to use for rmxp/vx. Would allow awesome 2D sprite stuff.

I wouldn't call it "completely useless" isn't unreal like $5000 or something like that? And if I'm correct you can't use just Ogre to make a game, it's mostly graphics rendering and physics stuff.
For those of us who already know alot about rmxp/vx and have already paid for it, I think this will work great. Especially if it remains lag-free once other features like menues and a battle system are implemented, but mainly because rmvx is $60 and not $5000 XD

I don't think this is completly useless, I know that ruby(Specialy RPG Maker Ruby) is not a good languaje for 3D games, and it would be better to use c++ with Irrlicht insteand, but you can combine 3D and 2D and make a good game, using for example 3D for special sequences. I am not saying that a 100% 3D can't be made, only that if sometime I want to do a totaly 3D game, I will not use RMVX or XP, or pure ruby, too.
I still think that one great idea can be to use Irrlicht for 2D graphics, as it seems much faster than RGSS Sprite. Maybe with poccil's idea of reading ruby objects directly from memory, it can be easily done.

I know that ruby(Specialy RPG Maker Ruby) is not a good languaje for 3D games, and it would be better to use c++ with Irrlicht

Did you read the first post at all? Seriously, get a grip. He said that he used a combination of C++ and Ruby

:huh:

Zeriab

Sponsor

jaydenfox":19yidz87 said:
I know that ruby(Specialy RPG Maker Ruby) is not a good languaje for 3D games, and it would be better to use c++ with Irrlicht

Did you read the first post at all? Seriously, get a grip. He said that he used a combination of C++ and Ruby

:huh:
vgvgf naturally meant C++ alone  :tongue:

jaydenfox":2jjxgn3w said:
Perhaps it would, but tell me. Is it possible to do that in RMVX?
Of course that yes, have you seen the demo? What I was saying before is that it is better to do a 3D game only in c++, because ruby is lot more slower than c++, and for complex system like 3D can be laggy.

But would it be easier to script with a combination of the two? That would put lag at a minimum because a lot of it is in C++, and production would be faster because the other half is in Ruby, which is, as far as I know, an easier language to program in? If that's true, I agree with how RTH is doing this.

What i meant by useless, it's that, rpgmaker, is not suited for it... as we can see it's the basic demo lvl,
1st thing: the map .. is not build within rm, so, you'll need a irrlight map editor anyway...
2nd thing: there are much better 3d games engine quite cheap, which include there scripting language ( often lua ) in addition to C++, like torque, ogre, darkbasic, and other that i forget.
3rd we don't see a mix of both things in this demo, that would maybe mean, that you can't use RM possibilities and the irrlight ones at the same time.

It looks cool, but it's not "usable" for a rm user, or a common scripter. As it would require here advanced math(3D is so much complicated) to make stuff, and advanced 3d programming.
Secondly, the way it's used,
RM, doesn't support "require" for a extension written in c, and directly use the functions from it in ruby...
it needs to go through the win32api to call a function from the dll, with complex arguments...where it'll be hard to use data from rm to the 3d engine or in the other way.

it's not good to force yourself to use rm for everything when there is better elsewhere. try to open your minds to other stuff...if you want to be good. I'm not saying rm is crap, but that it has its limitations.
If you want to make a 3D game, just don't use RM...

trebor777":3mzz50a3 said:
What i meant by useless, it's that, rpgmaker, is not suited for it... as we can see it's the basic demo lvl,
1st thing: the map .. is not build within rm, so, you'll need a irrlight map editor anyway...
2nd thing: there are much better 3d games engine quite cheap, which include there scripting language ( often lua ) in addition to C++, like torque, ogre, darkbasic, and other that i forget.
3rd we don't see a mix of both things in this demo, that would maybe mean, that you can't use RM possibilities and the irrlight ones at the same time.

It looks cool, but it's not "usable" for a rm user, or a common scripter. As it would require here advanced math(3D is so much complicated) to make stuff, and advanced 3d programming.
Secondly, the way it's used,
RM, doesn't support "require" for a extension written in c, and directly use the functions from it in ruby...
it needs to go through the win32api to call a function from the dll, with complex arguments...where it'll be hard to use data from rm to the 3d engine or in the other way.

it's not good to force yourself to use rm for everything when there is better elsewhere. try to open your minds to other stuff...if you want to be good. I'm not saying rm is crap, but that it has its limitations.
If you want to make a 3D game, just don't use RM...

Hes probably right I'm a noob at vx + I might get lost trying to figure it out.

another thing, I still can't play it if I can't get it to work I never gonna be able to use it

possibly, but if it only did stuff based off the maps that you made it could be cool...How will other players be in the game? (NPC for instance)

the mapping isnt done in rpgmaker i dont think.. ive looked a bit at some fo the scripts and it seems that the maps are in the data folder (the map package file) and Irrlicht extracts and runs them... rpgmaker isnt the engine its just using ruby to execute irrlicht... i think this is good though as ruby is easier and more flexible than many languages due to its object orientated system.. keep it up XD

Please don't necropost. Also, requesting VX scripts for XP is almost like breaking some unwritten rule. I'm going to stop backseat moderating now. :huh:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.