Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX - Encrypted] 3D Engine (Real 3D)

Zeriab

Sponsor

That looks awesome RTH. I can't wait for the final version.
How is the responsiveness of the system in case of lag? Do you have to wait for the frame rendering to complete or can you interrupt it? So that calling menu happens instantaneously rather than when the current frame is rendered.

bojox3m":272pbdzk said:
yes.. but VX is the most suited to use because of the higher FPS XD
Because that's so difficult to change on XP :V

It´s the Irrlicht Engine..
Good, but not perfect ^^

I think you overread it..
Add the
Code:
*time
or
*time_step
To your movement and Camera Code.. So it´ll run on each system at same speed... And limit the framerate to 60..

But, if VX is the database for the information etc., how would mapping work? I hope it doesn't end up looking like the first person script for XP quite some time ago -.-

Anyway, this is awesome! I just think you move a tad slow, and the mouse sensitivity is a little too fast. Also when I pressed 'x' the game exited.

Other than that, good luck with this!

-Krobe

Could someone please make an XP demo because I am stuck on putting it together into XP, I don't have VX, or just don't know how to do that?

I'm usually not active here and don't post here, but for this I am breaking my vow. :D

I'm very impressed by this engine. I have seen a few 3D engines on RMXP and they were ok, but nothing special. Anybody would have made them if they knew how 3D works. But this one doesn't lag at all which tops all of the other engines.

I'm curious, how much actual code do you have (KLOC)? Did you just wrap the dll's calls or have you added special functions and methods to support the dll's functionality further?

Apart from that I hope that you finish this soon and that you put together a good external map editor. I bet that many people would seriously consider this as alternative to other engines. :) I wish you the best of luck!

Could someone please post up the required scripts because I am using XP and don't have VX on my PC, please I can get the DLLs from the demo just not the script. Can someone make a XP demo (most appreciated) or post the script (appreciated but not as much)? This would be great if you could, i'll save the script somewhere because I may make a Darklands 3D version later when I become better at graphic design and scripting.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.