Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX - Encrypted] 3D Engine (Real 3D)

He says in his post that the final version will support VX maps. If this means making sprite-based 3D areas it's cool. If someone were to make a 3D RTP that correlates with VXs, so you program it in 2d in vx and play it in real 3D, that would be sweet jedi action.

I can only imagine the lag when using this script to be astronomical... too
but it is good (i can’ see the page for the system)

wait, you mean to tell me the engine im using for an mmo, irrlicht, and the place i ran to to hide from it for awhile while taking a break... have teamed up? I'm doomed!

and Quake 3 maps in RPG Maker VX using Irrlicht. Very nice, but overall not worth using RMVX. But if there becomes an intuitive way to make maps using vx and play them in 3d, as mentioned above... this may be the greatest script ever released for RM. While 3d rendering IS best done with C++ in a program designed for such, I'm getting over 120 FPS easily on this map, considering with your own custom textures, the physics of the engine, and the hopeful ability to use rgss2 scripts in the game... this might bring RPG Maker back into the spotlight as the easiest / best game making program for new users to learn.

and actually... let me test something with this engine.

EDIT: okay, so far ive figured out that this only supports 1 map file, which must be named Map.pk3 lol. second, it requires RMVX in order to add a different sized map (i have other pk3 maps from other games, notably Wolfenstein -> which WILL work in this.), and since it's an encrypted archive - i can't get into it.
This gives a hint that it's already possible to program things in RGSS2 and have it run in the game; the complexity to get it to run is something i can't imagine.
I spent 3 minutes changing the entire look of the graphics in the game to something completely bizzare. Eyeballs all over the place, pentagrams, etc.; I'll see if i cant get someone to make some realistic 3d textures for me and see how fast this engine can run with them and this map. Caps at 150-ish FPS for me so far with the default gfx that came with this map.

RTH I have problem running your demo, for some reason after downloading it and extracting the zip file it doesn't work. When I click on the Icon program the window just pop out for 2 seconds with the black screen and disappeared again every time I attempt to run it, I need help on this one.

Heres the screen shot of your demo.

rths.png

to fix that problem, open up the Irrlicht folder, open Game.ini

and in the line that says

Library=RGSS200E.dll

change that to
Library=RGSS202E.dll

It should run fine after that.

oh and to anyone interested in the actual engine's site, http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/

Irrlicht is merely a 3d engine, it does not have an interface where you can make maps and open up a database, script custom scripts etc. You need something like an IDE for that. And if you do not know the difference from a game engine and game making software like RPG Maker - this is probably NOT for you anyways.

OK. It's running properly, and yeah, I wonder why it doesn't lag at all. It runs very smooth. But I think we are walking too fast? And to those who are having problem with running the demo, if you are running on Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator with WinXp SP2 Compatibility Mode.

acrox999":1s00oofk said:
OK. It's running properly, and yeah, I wonder why it doesn't lag at all. It runs very smooth. But I think we are walking too fast? And to those who are having problem with running the demo, if you are running on Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator with WinXp SP2 Compatibility Mode.

it's not lagging because this is irrlicht, 3D graphics engine built specifically for speed and detailed graphics... not that other engines aren't the same, though.

really, Irrlicht was a great idea to implement into RM. The same could be done for any program, depending on if you have access to the code for the game player.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.