Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX - Encrypted] 3D Engine (Real 3D)

I must congratulate you for this amazing idea. I have tested it, and it worked fast in my 800 MHz computer, and that is really impresive. Also, I have seen the RMVX scripts codes (My Pandora's Box helped in that) and it seems not too much complex to use. But I don't know what will happend with the lag when more things are added to a map, or with larger maps, because the demo map was very small. Another problem will be the editor, but if there are editors quake models editors it will be easier to make something. Anyways I am starting to learn about 3D trigonometics and so, I really want this to be completed.

PD: Can Irrlicht be used to show 2D images, too? It seems to be faster than the RGSS Sprite class, maybe it can be used for 2D, too.

vgvgf":1kztc764 said:
PD: Can Irrlicht be used to show 2D images, too? It seems to be faster than the RGSS Sprite class, maybe it can be used for 2D, too.

Yes, it can, or at least the original C++ version can..

Dude this rocks! (Lol, I feel like there is an echo in here :grin:)
A little criticism, you fall a little too fast. Not much, but a little. Other then that, perfect. Utter perfection.
Shinigami":3scrtohn said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
FOR SOME REASON MY COMPUTER  WONT PLAY IT HELP MEEEE!!!!!!

Did you change the game.ini file? Go in and change it from Library=RGSS200E.dll to Library=RGSS202E.dll. I had the same problem.

Also, I can't wait for the full release! (Hmph, ANOTHER echo :lol:)
Well, keep it up my man!

fikan":32xxsjbc said:
A little criticism, you fall a little too fast. Not much, but a little. Other then that, perfect. Utter perfection.
Shinigami":32xxsjbc said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Did you change the game.ini file? Go in and change it from Library=RGSS200E.dll to Library=RGSS202E.dll. I had the same problem.

Well, keep it up my man!

How?

arion

Just thought you'd be interested in knowing.  Standing on a staircase in a high area of the dungeon/map, you can easily jump onto the wall, and then off the edge of the map.  Give a nice pretty range error, and then crashes.

Shinigami":rpu1ktzq said:
fikan":rpu1ktzq said:
Shinigami":rpu1ktzq said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, keep it up my man!

How?

How what...? You see icon the looks like a note pad with a gear on it? Double click on that. Then where it says  Library=RGSS200E.dll change it to Library=RGSS202E.dll. Understand now? If not, I really don't know how to explain it any clearer..

fikan":72ndzerh said:
Shinigami":72ndzerh said:
fikan":72ndzerh said:
Shinigami":72ndzerh said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, keep it up my man!

How?

How what...? You see icon the looks like a note pad with a gear on it? Double click on that. Then where it says  Library=RGSS200E.dll change it to Library=RGSS202E.dll. Understand now? If not, I really don't know how to explain it any clearer..

quotes are fun thanks, it just was confusing thanks and all i could understand is that it didn't work.

arion":34jy3d4x said:
Just thought you'd be interested in knowing.  Standing on a staircase in a high area of the dungeon/map, you can easily jump onto the wall, and then off the edge of the map.  Give a nice pretty range error, and then crashes.

Yeah, I found that too. I had nothing better to do, so I just jumped off :P

Now, RTH, I have a few questions...

Like, were you hoping to turn this into a doom/hexon style system, with weapons and all that?

Are there going to be customizable controls?

If yes, that's great.

If no, I got some suggestions.

You see, ASDW controls would be preferable to arrows; easier to hit space or enter. In truth, I usually play doom with right-mouse-click as shoot, and left-mouse-click as run. It's very convenient if you get used to it.... So take that into consideration.

One last thing...

How'd you make the maps, with 3D and stuff? Panoramas, or weirdly awsome mapping, or something that C++ made possible?

Yazus

lulz finish dat quik so we can complain about bugs and all that bullshit
jk l4w1

This engine is great, like 200 pplz be4 me said: less camera speed, possibly a 3rd person camera and yeah battle in ff7-8-9 style

it will take a 3 or 4 years yeah lol bring it on RHT

Pretty cool. It seems like a lot of work would need to go into making a decent game with this. The jumping is a bit too high, almost got stuck between a rock and a hard place. It did run smooth for me too after I got it to run by fixing the RGSS202E.dll problem.

Keep up the good work.

fikan":2vgbts78 said:
Shinigami":2vgbts78 said:
fikan":2vgbts78 said:
Shinigami":2vgbts78 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, keep it up my man!

How?

I tried it the screen stays up a little longer but still is black and closes quickly after wards, do i need a graphic card because that may explain the problem.

I'm kinda mixed on this subject, because its so cool, but yet... whats the deal with the mapping? Everythings 3D, you'd have to have Maya or 3DS Max just to make standard tileset objects, because VX is a 2D system...

It'd probably work rendering the walls/floor stuff because its an auto-tile base system, but all the standard placement tiles rendered in 3D would be ludacris, because the spriteset would always appear to be facing right at you no matter what direction you were going (I've had experience with this using a Doom Generator way back in the day.)

I'm just curious how this would even be usable on VX.

Kain Nobel":f2bv3mzy said:
you'd have to have Maya or 3DS Max just to make standard tileset objects

Blender = Free
Wings3D = Free

Also, I assume that once it is properly linked with the program, you would use special autotiles to draw out the map from a direct top down view (as if drawing a blueprint), and then using single square tiles (or events) to mark down where other 3D objects should go.

This is awsome! i would love to see a game made with this.

arion":tw3xobpe said:

Yeah i found that to..
It was fun!

Mililo

That's just amazing I ever saw that on a brazilian forum(i'm brazilian RTH too).
And for those who are calling for a XP version I think it's not possible because on the brazilian forum he said that he tried it a lot on XP and couldn't do =/

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.