Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

True Pokemon Starter Kit

@MexicanRilfeman - What exactly did you put for your new Pokemon in PBS>Pokemon.txt? If it has trouble reading the name, make sure you put the name in the script the same as the internal name of the Pokemon in Pokemon.txt.

-Krobe

This is what there is on the Pokemon.txt
[497]
Name=LEONUS
InternalName=LEONUS
Kind=CUB
Pokedex=This lion cub is raised by its parents until its mane grows in. The air around it is strangely warm.
Type1=FIRE
BaseStats=39,52,43,65,60,50
Rareness=45
BaseEXP=65
Happiness=70
GrowthRate=Fluctuating
StepsToHatch=5120
Color=Red
Habitat=Mountain
EffortPoints=0,0,0,1,0,0
Abilities=BLAZE
Compatibility=1,14
Height=0.6
Weight=8.5
GenderRate=FemaleOneEighth
Moves=1,SCRATCH,1,GROWL,7,EMBER,13,SMOKESCREEN,19,RAGE,25,SCARYFACE,31,FLAMETHROWER,37,SLASH,43,DRAGONRAGE,49,FIRESPIN
EggMoves=BELLYDRUM,ANCIENTPOWER,ROCKSLIDE,BITE,OUTRAGE,BEATUP,SWORDSDANCE,DRAGONDANCE
Evolutions=CHARMELEON,Level,16
BattlerPlayerY=14
BattlerEnemyY=12
BattlerAltitude=0

@MexicanRifleman - Hmmm... it looks like you just copied Charmander's page, so it should work. Anyway, do you have any more custom Pokemon before Leonus? Because I think you have to go in order. If Arceus is still 493, and you jump to 497, it might not work. Because I think it needs to be in order. Just taking a guess here.

-Krobe

@MexicanRifleman - I'm not sure if I can help you then, a lot of times (for me too) things happen that I can't explain, nor fix. I think your better off PMing Poccil.

@Thelongabcsong - http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html#header62 <--- That's pretty much exactly how you do it.

So, to do a Mewtwo event for example, have like the Mewtwo standing somewhere, and when you talk to it, it says something, then call pbWildBattle(150,70) where 150 is the ID number of Mewtwo, and 70 is it's level.

-Krobe

Ok, cool thanks =)
Anyway to force it to be Shiny?
Like, the Red Gyrados thing from GSC?
Cuz making a new pokemon just for the red gyrados would be stupid since it would make 2 Gyrados's in the Dex(unless you can add pokemon without adding them to the pokedex, but i dont think you can do that...)

@thelongabcsong - That hasn't been implemented as far as I know, as a call script anyway. I think it was mentioned a few times in a different forum, just not sure if Poccil has worked on that yet.

-Krobe

Ahhh ok, hopefully a new version of it is out by the time I finish my game then, I talked to poccil about the snag system and there's no way to do it right now and idk if he's gonna work on it...so hopefully in the next version we'll see: forced shiny battles, a snag system, and more animations(like watering, fishing, fishing, fishing while surfing, and using HMs[that thing where you raise a pokeball into the air and a pic of the pokemon who's using the HM appears on screen])

I got a similar runtime error, only just by playing the demo:

Error Log":28nz55ux said:
Exception: RuntimeError
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `bgm_me_play' for Audio:Module
Section018:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section018:1615:in `eval'
Section018:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section018:1615:in `command_355'
Section018:467:in `execute_command'
Section018:190:in `update'
Section018:104:in `loop'
Section018:195:in `update'
Section020:98:in `update'
Section020:96:in `loop'

Interpreter:249:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1615:in `command_355'
Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `update'
Scene_Map:96:in `loop'
Scene_Map:109:in `update'
Scene_Map:65:in `main'

Also, what do I need to get rid of script wise if I don't want to go online with the game?  I prefer not to have stuff taking up space if it's not getting used.

poccil

Sponsor

Sorry, the event on that map was just a test that I left in the release.  It's harmless to remove the script from that event.

Awesome.

One last question: Is there a way to have it so you always have a character with you in a double battle?

You know in some parts in D/P -- I'm particularly thinking of the one forest area where the chick with the Pokemon that kept healing yours -- where you'd have another person join you, and every battle you came across was a double battle.

In addition, I was wondering if this other person could randomly send out a Pokemon from a separate inventory instead of just one Pokemon all the time?

poccil

Sponsor

That's easy.  Create an event with a single event command -- a Script event command consisting of the text "pbTrainerPC".

Okay, I lied, this is my last question.

How do I get it so it always displays at RMXP's default screen resolution, and the person can't change it?  I'm using DS battlers, so they don't fit on the starter kit's available sizes well.  I'm hoping a bigger resolution will take care of that.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.