Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoa

The problem is incompatibility withi thecustom menu.

So it's up to you to fix that.

The only tip i can give to you is to try to put the menu above SBS tankentai, if that don't solve the issue you will need to find an way to fix that by yourself, or ask someone else.

Atoa

@Logan110
Who are you?
Why do you make these post without messages? ¬¬
I'm reporting you to moderation, if you don't have anything to say, please don't post.

Selkie

Hello!
I love this battle system, but I have some problems with it.

I used to have in my game Rye's CBS, but it has several bugs so I decided to change it (my game is and advanced project right now), and I found this Atoa's CBS.

My problems are:
-It doesn't show characters' weapons!
-Damage is hardly ever displayed
-Hit animations show where they want!
-The most important... After the enemies end their turn, it freezes! I mean, allies' turn doesn't begin.

As I said, I love this Battle System, I've been testing it with the demo, and it works properly. But I have moved some scripts to my game and those problems appear.

Maybe some kind of incompatibility? I use 5 characters script by Raice (I've already adjusted that in SBS Config) FF Battle Result by David Schooley, and some scripts made by the project team, as a face window (yeah, already configurated too).

It would be nice to get some help! :thumb:
Thanks.

Edit:
Ok, that's it, I moved 5-Actor Party by Raice below Main, and it works as in the demo. The four problems are solved this way, but I need 5-Actor Party. I will look for another script and try it.
2nd edit: Blizzard Large Party works perfectly with this script :lol:

Who wants to make a compatibility script list for this CBS? I would help =D

Bye!

Atoa

An compatibility list would help, this script has too many compatibilities.

If I were the original author of this script, i would do many things in an different way.

Atoa

@mageone
Like i said before to you, my prority is the ACBS, so until i'm done with the ACBS, there's no use asking for that.

XaineC

I'm sorry. I can't find any kind of hint to it. Some of the script script lines, I have no idea as to their meaning.

throw.png

Another question
1orfqx.jpg

>_>
i think it has a relation with the battle back, because when i remove it, the battleback goes blank and when i use it, it's error..

Selkie

XaineC":1snqvmok said:
ok. ive been progressing in my game, but when i playtest it, the enemies dont attack after they have been attacked.

Hi!
I had a similar problem, and it finally was incompatibility.
Tell us what scripts are you using, and maybe we can help you.

XaineC

im using the Sideview battle package, in particular: Summons, Skill Steal, Damage Limit, and the optional add-ons. I also use AMS - Advanced Message Script - R4, Momo's Bestiary, and albertfish's CMS.

Atoa

@XaineC
The shadow settings for enemies are in the *same* script of the enemies animated battlers.

Also you can find it on the Config. It's just a matter of making an deep search. Are you sure you readed *all* instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.