Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoa

@Naomi_Maru
This is an really old known issue, it will be fixed only when i update the script, what may take a long time.

hi !

first of all, please leme say that this script is proly the best i have ever seen o.o
really congratulations for all those efforts and good job to all the team !

I ve got a problem when using the Advanced actor Status add-on script.

I don't know why but when using AAS, the system memorize the game Element from the weapons and armors character got equiped in the game data base as initial equipment.
And if you don't equip anything, the system memorize your character without any element from the data base taged, even when you equip anything later.

In other words, if my actor #1 start with a fire sword and an armor protecting against water, he will keep those elemental stat forever, even after changing weapons/ armors.
As other consequence, still when using AAS, if you start with a sword on your character that can equip a shuriken, when you find the shuriken and equip it
the actor is gona strike with the shuriken as if it was a sword. Bcz it memorizes always the initial equipment's element config and the "throw Spin" element cannot be added.

That's a big deal but i really don't want to leave this AAS script that is soooo great...

is there any way to fix that please ??

thanks a lot

Atoa

The bug you mentioned was reported a lot of times...

Like i said many times... forget the advanced actor status. it's too buggy that i will remove it and replace with several smaller add ons each one with an feature of the actor status (i've already done it with my ACBS and got far better results)

Atoa, thank you for your attention, that means a lot to me.

well i have really worked a lot on a project using your scripts and i hate to just give up.

The features i really care in AAS are :

2 hands weapons
dual weapons

then if possible would be nice to keep :

set armors effect
2 accessories instead of one
new level/ stat limit

did you make any add-on for those ?
if yes, can i have the link please

thank you so much. sorry for being persistent, this is really important for me.

Atoa

@mageone
I will add *all* features of the AAS in separated add-ons when i update it.
The current versions are compatible only with the ACBS, but i will make it compatible with tankentai.

ok thank you Atoa.

if i need only 2hands weap and dual weap, and try to edit it myself what are the Class of the AAS i got to keep ?
Equip Menu, Equip Right, Equip Left, ,Window Selectable, Game Battler, Game Party, is that it ?

Quick question...

The demo creates a lot of powers and various differences from a regular starting game in the XP and VX versions. Would it be possible to release a modified project with the Tankentai system without the demo portion that changes so many powers and abilities? I'd like to keep the balance of the game as is since I'm used to designing for that. I could get into copying all the scripting and what not but I have a feeling this would be significantly easy for someone who knows how to do it already. Like...it'd take them three minutes. For me, it may take an hour or two, which I'll spend working further on the game.

Thanks!

Atoa

@marshzd
These "powers" are just *settings*.

So it's up to *you* to change that, the demo has enough explanation to do that.
Study the comments and good luck.

I noticed that the Tankentai script moves every animation more down. However this destroys quite a few of my skill animations. Is there a way to remove this 'feature'?
(Trying to move every animation more up made it even more uglier.)

cairn

@roque: it's probably not the animation that was moved down. if memory serves right, the battler graphic "origin" point is lower.

cairn":26s6uqgj said:
@roque: it's probably not the animation that was moved down. if memory serves right, the battler graphic "origin" point is lower.

Ah forgot to mention. The effect is screenwide and every enemy is hit by it, so it doesn't really matter where their position is, does it?

Atoa --

I'm not just talking about the class names. You've completely changed the starting skills and classes. I want to start a game with the base starting classes...Not scripter, designer, whatever. Would it be so hard to make a demo download that has the Sideview Battle System but not all the customizations you've made to everything else?

Atoa didn't want to make a starting database without the unnecessary changes. So, I went ahead and made a fresh project with the SBS Tankentai script for RPG Maker XP installed. Just unzip/rar and the project is there for you to play with. No customizations, the powers are all there they just aren't linked to any of the classes at the moment so you can tweak and balance as needed.

EDIT: I changed the links and added the version for VX. Post is below.

Okay, here are the two bases. One for XP, one for VX. They don't have any database changes to the class/skill content given to the starting classes. They have all the skills that come with Tankentai SBS included but aren't currently assigned. If you have any questions, please let me know. I'll be happy to help. :)

http://www.moonstream.net/Downloads/SBSBaseXP.rar
http://www.moonstream.net/Downloads/SBSBaseVX.rar

Atoa

@marshzd
Monster postions are set on the database... nothing related to the script.

Mas did you ever take a good look on the database?
It would be good to do that before trying to use an script.

And one question about the actual script. Is it possible to make a skill who's damage is equal to a normal attack?

EDIT: LOL Atoa I like your sig.

Atoa

Lurker77":3ljlzn37 said:
And one question about the actual script. Is it possible to make a skill who's damage is equal to a normal attack?

You can make the skill have Power = 1, Atk_f = 100, Str_f = 100.
The skill will have Weapon Attack 1 point higher, but thats not an bigdeal

cairn

most of the skill related changes are applied directly on the database, the only real deal with them is the action sequence, that is set in the script.

P.S: Gotta love quotation sigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.