Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great script Atoa!!! Another one of your script i use! By the way i'm sick to read all 22 pages of this tread
I have one question One more i feel seems i look how to do this a minute ago but i forgot it!!!
How to show faceset at battle windows ( The place of battler normally.... )
Sorry i ask you
-Edited-

I just joined yesterday, and was wondering if this script is compatible with others? So far, the scripts I have are:

Fake loading bar
Prexcraft 2.0 (still trying to figure this one out)
Enemy HP Bar
Minimap by Squall, posted by Miguel1
Caterpillar system

If you can recommend better ones than the ones I have, please do. Anyways, I just wanted to say that this script looks excellent. :biggrin: I want to get it, but if it will cause incompatibilities, then I might not be able to

Atoa → I don't know if that's what you were talking about but i'm using the Actor Advanced Status script add-on, and when i tried without it, everything worked fine.
I'll try to read all the topic pages for the moment but I hope someone can help me to make this script works without conflict! :cute:

4) "The "knock back" is caused by the damage pop up." Ah, I see. Well, I managed to edit the script and make some animations without damage. :3 I'll look into making damage pop ups without knock backs.

7) Ok ok, I see. And how about the Victory pose? Everyone shares the same Victory pose, so there needs to be a way to edit it to work for multiple transforms. Currently it stops if no one is a cat, but what if there's a dragon and a vampire? It wouldn't continue to check for those.

Atoa

@ErlanUltima
Take a better look on the Battle Windows add-on

@ShinyToyGuns
This script is almost 100% compatible with any script that don't mess with battle/battlers.
The only suggestion is the caterpillar, you should try my caterpillar ;D (it's on brasillian portugues, but you can use google to translate the instructions

@Za Worudo
The script will work without conflicts when i update it

@TickTock
7 -
You can set custom victory poses for each character. it's set on the actors configurations.

Ah, thanks, I see.

Anyways, I managed to edit the script to allow damage pop-ups without knock-back, based on the skill sequence. But it's an edit and not an add-on so I suppose I can't post it. >_<

Oh, btw, is there a way to flip the battle lay-out? Actors left, enemies right.

Atoa":1kgpetob said:
@blademan0186
The blizard level up notifies is incompatible with the SBS, so ask for someone else to try compatibilize it. I'm no loger adding new features to this script, only bug fixes.

I asked around, and we found the error. It was only one line of your code that was causing the error. This is what i was told:

The line 578 "return update_phase5 if @phase == 5" is causing the problem because update_phase5 is being called twice; one time at this position and another one at the regular position in the code. When I changed it to "return if @phase == 5" magically everything worked fine and nothing of the ATB code broke.

I changed line 578 to "return if @phase==5" and everything was fixed and worked perfectly. You may want to update that in the code. :smile:

Atoa

@blademan0186
I won't fix an incompatiblity since doing that will make the code work with the blizzard level up notifier... and screw everithing else.
The phase5 was completely rewitten so any script that mess with it will be incompatible, it's up to the users fix incompatiblities.

I hate to repeat myself and look like a spam-fool, but I think you missed the question, so...

"Oh, btw, is there a way to flip the battle lay-out? Actors left, enemies right."

Atoa

@TickTock
The actor's positions are set by you, on the script. (First Configurable value, theres no way to miss it)
The enemies positions are set on database (no relation with the script).
So yes, you can.

But can you flip everything? Animations, etc. would need to be flipped too. Or do you have to do this all custom by changing the poses and sequences? (If it's even possible to flip all animations and such.)

Atoa

I suppose you didn't noticed, but the system has an "Back Attack" Feature
This mean that everything can be flipped.

Most things can be done without changes on the script, but it's depends on what you want.

Atoa":2puo0wlh said:
@blademan0186
I won't fix an incompatiblity since doing that will make the code work with the blizzard level up notifier... and screw everithing else.

How would it screw everything else? You were calling update_phase5 twice in your code, whereas you only need it to be called once. It wouldn't screw up anything, i tested it and everything works fine, with other scripts or by itself. :blank:

But if you don't want to change it, it's your script, I have no right to tell you what to do.

Atoa

@blademan0186
In my code the "double" phase 5 update doesn't occur, maybe because i've already made some changes on it, but it's not on this version.

Atoa

@oblivia5
By default they're fliped only during an back attack.
But you can do it making some changes on the code (wich I won't do)

Is there a way to make this scrpit compatible with SDK? I tried deleting all the SDK Sprite Battler individual parts, and it worked perfectly, except the damage display, you hit the enemy and the damage numbers dont dissapear and when you attack the enemy again the new damage appears over the older one. So I want to know what SDK individual parts I must delete to make your script work perfectly.
Thanks, dude.

Atoa

Is there a way to make this scrpit compatible with SDK?
Yes there is, if you edit the script to make it SDK compatible it will be SDK compatible.

I don't like SDK and don't know his code, so i can't help on it.

Ok, first off, I'm must be stupid.
That being said, whenever I set a skill animation as 001:Special Move, it shows 002:Cast Magic animation instead.
I've looked through the code and I know I must be missing it. Can anyone help me, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.