Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

I've been fooling around with the scripts a bit and I kinda sorta got one working...maybe? (it doesn't crash, which is big for me given I don't know a lot about scripting!) But I was wondering if it was possible to be able to create an element that allows the user to be able to set WEAPONS to have more then one attack?

Atoa

Rajaat99(2)":fj16gi9z said:
Atoa":fj16gi9z said:
the first animation aren't the one set on the database, are the one set on the action sequence.
I'm sorry, I don't understand.
It means that doesn't matter the animation on the database. but the sequence set on the script. (i suppose you know that each skill has it own action sequence, and the ones that don't have one, uses the default)

So unless you know how to handle the actions sequence it will be quite hard for you to change that.

Atoa":185dv4nv said:
It means that doesn't matter the animation on the database. but the sequence set on the script. (i suppose you know that each skill has it own action sequence, and the ones that don't have one, uses the default)
So unless you know how to handle the actions sequence it will be quite hard for you to change that.

Where in the script can I change the action sequence for the skill? Point me to the spot, and I can probably figure it out. Probably.
Thank you.

Update: Ok, I figured out how to remove the animation all together. So, now I need to figure out how to either use the database animation, or change the action sequence for each individual skill.

Atoa

@Seda
The actions effects are set by the Action Sequence. If you don't know what is an "Action Sequence" or how to change it, ask for someone who undestand it to help you.

Seda

Uhh... Don't think I asked about action sequences.. but I think I know what the action sequences are... Isn't that where in the script you make animations? Cuz... I tried doing something like that with the weapons by making an element... and it wouldn't read the 2nd hit.

Sorry to push you Atoa but when do you think you are going to update the sbs? :eek::
Because i really can't find a way to solve the animation problem I was talking to you one or two pages ago and i really need to. :sad:
If you don't plan to update it soon, could you at least tell me if you managed to solve it already and how?

I figured out how to change the action sequence, it's just a pain in the butt. The way I figured it out was to change the animation in the script for every single skill under the "Skill ID Sequence Assignments" category. If there is an easier way, please let me know.

Atoa

@Rajaat99(2)
There's not. That's why i didn't explain how to do it. Because it's really a pain. I would do the settings in an totally different way if i was the author of the script, but i'm not, i just converted it.

Atoa":3nad0lfz said:
@Rajaat99(2)
There's not. That's why i didn't explain how to do it. Because it's really a pain. I would do the settings in an totally different way if i was the author of the script, but i'm not, i just converted it.

Understood. I figured it out and that's what really matters. Thank you for converting it, by the way.

Darth J: What are you talking about? You just want the enemy to stand there and get beat on, or do you want there to be nothing but skills?

Rajaat99(2)":38wldy5u said:
Darth J: What are you talking about? You just want the enemy to stand there and get beat on, or do you want there to be nothing but skills?

Right sorry too quick just skills for the player.

I remember on the acctual presetbattle system script that that had attack and stuff like that so if battle scripts run off that as a base then in theory the pre set battle script would be altered to remove the attack option.

Atoa

@Sobeman459
I think it's quite obvius that this is possible, the script wasn't made to be compy & paste exactly equal the demo...
The skill effects are set by the action sequence.

I have a problem with the DAMAGE_ALGORITHM_TYPE setting in the SBS-Config -XP script. When I set it to 2 (Default VX, Vitality replaces Dexterity, the status Attack, P.Def and M.Def are totally ignored.), skills cease to do any damage whatsoever, no matter the skill, no matter the settings of the skill.

To make sure it wasn't a problem concerning my project specifically, I went into a fresh copy of the demo andset the DAMAGE_ALGORITHM_TYPE to 2. Same thing, all skills always do 0 damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.