Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Shitposting and You! Also, New Staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arbiter":3j09cykq said:
Wow, people need to forget about the politics of the site and just get on with what your supposed to be doing, creating games, asking for support, helping people, contributing to the RM society, having fun blah blah. Leave all the big stuff to staff members.

It's a website not your only form of life?

Congratulations to the guys on the support team.

so nobodys supposed to want more activity on the forum unless its their 'only form of life' then.

k mang

btw.. being the uncool rmxp community is just being the most uncool group of weaboos and dorks (sure some of you aint, but the rest of us are).. do we really care about that?

When this topic went up it didnt even OCCUR TO ME that there was a BAD WORD in the title.

oh....oh god...there's a bad word on my computer monitor..................... .. .. what if what if m ymom sees this?? i ight be grounded.... oh god...

do i turn off my comptuer?? ... noo.. i need my precious rmxp.org resource's... but on the other hand. if my mom see's these bad words.... OH GOD WHAT DO I DO

Anonymous

guys guys guys

TREG":2nh9c0gi said:
I sense that you really don't get exactly which types of posting habits we are discouraging. The topic title was also meant to be an attention grabber (it's much better than Andy's initial idea of 'YOU DUMBASSES SUCK... and hi support!'), and the word 'shitposting' is an old internet colloquialism that goes back as far as I can remember.

We're also not in the business of policing words you can politely say on network TV.

Let this one slide, folks, and look at the suggestions in the first post rather than complain about the thread title, which gets you nowhere.

THIS.

Rare

I think people are misunderstanding the use of the word 'professional' here.  'Professional' companies such as Microsoft for example don't use "bad words" such as 'shit'.  Not because they are worried of some child seeing their site, but because it isn't very professional at all, theoretically speaking.

RMXP.org is not Microsoft, however.  "Professional" here is totally different than that of another company or website.

Screw it, to all -heck-.  I want to rant just to throw in more vulgarities than a -homosexual- Turkish meat market on a -fudging- Saturday.

Professionalism as in Accepted-Behavior-Among-One's-Own-Peers.  Could have used the word "Common Courtesy", and same damn thing.  As in, don't be a -penis- and -poopypost- all over the god -dang- forums for -cheese and fudgie crackers- sake.  Don't make Vennie get her thesaurus, it's heavy.

And I'm sure my -bottom- -abusing- -gender receptive- of a -genital- biting post with it's -heck-ova lotta censors isn't more professional compared to who and what we and our peers are, than if I had typed out the way I -friggin- wanted to.

There.  No shi-err -poopy-words.  And yet this is the kind of post that is completely against what we want - not because of the insinuations of language and the mockery of those who found the thread title wrong.

Damn Sixty, you're good at switching fucking words out for differnt ones....-cough- So what all can support do? (sorry, I might of missed it if it is in the first post)

Well... I can tell you to stop spamming.  :tongue2:

The support team have the power to lock, move, and delete topics in the support forums(I can only do those last two in the project forums, but that may not be the case with the others). We can also modify posts in those forums, and... I think that's it. Well, that's all that I've found that I can do.

Basically we're like mini-mods. Sort of. I just wanted to say "mini-mod", really.

sixtyandaquarter":7wx2rhzp said:
Screw it, to all -heck-.  I want to rant just to throw in more vulgarities than a -homosexual- Turkish meat market on a -fudging- Saturday.

Professionalism as in Accepted-Behavior-Among-One's-Own-Peers.  Could have used the word "Common Courtesy", and same damn thing.  As in, don't be a -penis- and -poopypost- all over the god -dang- forums for -cheese and fudgie crackers- sake.  Don't make Vennie get her thesaurus, it's heavy.

And I'm sure my -bottom- -abusing- -gender receptive- of a -genital- biting post with it's -heck-ova lotta censors isn't more professional compared to who and what we and our peers are, than if I had typed out the way I -friggin- wanted to.

There.  No shi-err -poopy-words.  And yet this is the kind of post that is completely against what we want - not because of the insinuations of language and the mockery of those who found the thread title wrong.

I lol'd.

And yeah Support mods are like mini-mods. Almost there but still not quite as huggable. *pat* *pat*

Also I think lugging my thesaurus over here gave me a hernia. And I still didn't type anything that sounded even 1 iota intelligent. Good lot of help this shit did.

--OWAIT I MEAN POODOODIE!!

;_;!!! DONT FIRE ME PLS

khmp

Sponsor

Luminier":14xc2zb6 said:

The support team have the power to lock, move, and delete topics in the support forums(I can only do those last two in the project forums, but that may not be the case with the others). We can also modify posts in those forums, and... I think that's it. Well, that's all that I've found that I can do.

Basically we're like mini-mods. Sort of. I just wanted to say "mini-mod", really.

We can move/delete topics? I can only lock. I guess that makes me the keymaster and you the gatekeeper. Can you be my Sigourney Weaver?

You can move topics in the project forum because of the whole Early/WIP/Complete subforum thing. I'll look into adding it for the others if you think you need it.

khmp":nb2nbniy said:
Luminier":nb2nbniy said:

We can move/delete topics? I can only lock. I guess that makes me the keymaster and you the gatekeeper. Can you be my Sigourney Weaver?

Okay, Des answered that question. Also, no. I will not be your Sigourney Weaver. I haven't seen Ghostbusters in forever, anyway.

Dear lord this is just typical. The admins try and give you all a fucking hand and the majority of you turn up and show exactly why people think these things.

Stop typing for once and try reading and taking in what people tell you.

Tea dear?

Edit: No but really, I don't understand that. I wasn't complaining, just explaining a point. If you actually looked in places that deserve it, I lavish praise. Given I just posted in tel's thread I think that was bad timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.