Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Shitposting and You! Also, New Staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just something I'd like to note on this matter:

- Necroposting. Always check the last post date if the topic you're posting in isn't near the top of a page. The older a topic is, the more likely your post is useless and to attract the negative attention of a moderator. If you're posting in an old topic, make sure it's something important.

On the old forums, when you searched for something it listed the results in chronological order. But with these new forums, what you search for shows you the nearest match, even if that match is from a year or two ago. Which I think is why a lot of necroposting keeps happening.

e

Sponsor

Despain":2qjuf49y said:
Wyatt, that is why we made it clear that members should check the date before posting.

Couldn't that be fixed though? You can't really rely on users to do that kind of things, especially when a majority of your users will not bother reading this, nor the rules, and are around 13-16 years old.

As for cutting back the drama topics, I've never understood why there's a farewell section; farewell topics are 99% of the time drama topics (and statistics don't mean jack; I know). Anyhow.

For empty project topics: couldn't there be a minimum amount of words to the post? Admittedly, that's easily countered by entering random strings of characters, but it does take care of people who post a one-liners. And if someone just puts gibberish in their project topic, then their just asking for deletion, no? It's not simply a "I didn't know the rules". I'm sure there are better solutions though.

Oh and 'grats to the support team.

:cry: I help all the time...I haven't lately though -sniffles and walks off-. I still think this place is still better than 90% of the others..I don't see why you see it as an embarrassment.

EDIT: Oh, Why don't you make it where the early games can only have a min. set of characters?

A good rule of thumb is: *Not* asking to be given power, will get you power faster.

So complaining about not being a Support mod is like asking to be put further back on the list ;).

Just contribute as much as you can and you'll get noticed. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but it'll happen ... Eventually :)

khmp

Sponsor

Despain":3g55tvqk said:
A bad reputation is a gross understatement. This place is a fucking embarrassment.

Really? I had no idea. Of course I don't post at any other forum. Who are we competing with and who is rating?

Also as part of the newly formed Support Team. Hey everybody!

W-W-W-W-Wait. Let me get this straight. We're an embarrasment to the rest of the RM community, Despain? This, from you who said a while ago that we had more control over the forums than CA?
WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? Besides, the few noobs, we have that run a muck, I'd say that RMXP, would be on top right now, with all the stuff People like Despain, Venetia, and others are doing. Where are we getting this Defeatist mentality from?

Just to add in a note, forget this site having a bad reputation - forget that for some it's an embarrassment.  The fact that some RM sites actually have had and some might very well still have threads devoted to hating on us is enough - and hopefully these reminders and steps, including the support team revival (congrats btw), will rectify this.

Not that I care about image, and if people want to hate on us that's fine, but obviously there's a reason for it, and one we as a community is obviously looking to improve on.

All right, answer me this. Why are we hated by the other communities? Who are these communities? Would this hatred be because TREG has taken control of the site? Would this hatred have stemmed from exiting members exciting salacious claims and stories about us in the other communities?

This hatred dates back before TREG and Cero, hell Erk was still management.  It has to do with us being a n00b haven, has to do with our -at the time- stricter than should be policies on everything from piracy to closing topics to being elitist in a sense, and any other reason.

I'm not posting links, or naming sites.  A lot of the ones I knew are out dated now anyway, hopefully, but let's just say you can look at a pretty heated thread on another site where SephirothSpawn and the mods and even an admin of their site argued over .org with insults and attacks.  Why bother linking to that, when we want to get rid of it.  I'm merely informing you that it does in fact exist.

khmp":p3pumdic said:
Of course I don't post at any other forum.

Oh, I'm glad I'm not th only one. :x

I thought I was weird because I thought this community was ten times better then other forums. They're usually real big messes.

Also:
Also as part of the newly formed Support Team. Hey everybody!

My turn: Hi Everybody! [/Dr. Nick]

I can already tell you guys are doing a great job!

Clizzz":2xhimupr said:
All right, answer me this. Why are we hated by the other communities? Who are these communities? Would this hatred be because TREG has taken control of the site? Would this hatred have stemmed from exiting members exciting salacious claims and stories about us in the other communities?
From what I know:
They "hate" this community because they find that the old staff was too harsh(to newbs, regular,s w/e) and the piracy policy(dubbed "Postality Knight Witch Hunt" by some threads i've seen) was extreme. Now with the change of staff..who knows what they think. Specially with the new rules/reminders Treg just posted, it seems to be going all for the better.

Various popular communities, some big ones, don't like this community but i'm not going to name them. Just google "rmxp.org sucks".

Its only natural they don't like this community... It has a lot of potential, resources, spriters, and scripters who help on daily bases.  :tongue:

I thought I was weird because I thought this community was ten times better then other forums. They're usually real big messes.

:lol: :thumb: Agreed

Ahh the "jealousy" defense :lol:
They don't like us because we have the best spriters, scripters, and resources :thumb:

Hey, even if it's true for a large degree of the anti.org banter, it's still funny.  Though yeah, the PK Witch Hunts and unattractive behavior to new members at times is a big part of it.

Um let's not worry about who doesn't like RMXP.org and why. If you people just clean up your act (ie. stop posting like complete idiots), then I won't be as embarrassed as I am to tell people on GW that I am an administrator here.

Well I post at Creation Asylum , RPGrevolution and RMXPUniverse and while some of them (not saying which) have a few problems with .org most really just don't care.

iceplosion":2daxak6n said:
Well I post at Creation Asylum , RPGrevolution and RMXPUniverse and while some of them (not saying which) have a few problems with .org most really just don't care.

I'm gonna say RMXPU. Why? I'unno.

Oh, and I was under the impression that Samboy was in Support as well. He has a little star under his avatar, which was the Support bar placeholder. What's up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.