Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Seph's Test Bed V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing keeping the V.4 from already being out is the SDK and MACL. Once those are updated, it will be a big bang boom and they will be out. Yes, most of the scripts in the BETA don't have descriptions, because none of them are officially final. They are just scripts I have promised people, so I put them in there for simplicity reasons. I didn't have time to complete the script headings, but I will when I get to the V.4. I give myself deadlines to so push myself to get things done. Just how I work I guess.

Many people are waiting for V.4. Well, actually almost everyone.
All I wanted to say is a big thank you for sharing your work with the community. It's really remarkable how some people offer the fruits of their work to help others, without having something to gain.

Concerning V.4, you'll be done when you're done, man. No need to push yourself. Get some sleep, for a change :)

NBEOTM

I have a quick question about proper syntax in your "Actor stat's bonuses script. When it comes to say making a certian actor getting a bonus in element resistance what is the proper syntax for doing so, IE

this starts at line 102

Code:
  # * Actor Bonuses
  #
  #  ~ actor_id => { stat_bonus => bonus, ... }
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  ActorBonuses_Direct = {1 => 'element' => { 1 => 1}
  }
  ActorBonuses_Percent = {

What I am trying to do here is raise this actor's resistance towards element 1 by one rank, but I keep getting an error saying the syntax is wrong.
What is the proper way to word this?

gamgre

SephirothSpawn;236544 said:
The only thing keeping the V.4 from already being out is the SDK and MACL. Once those are updated, it will be a big bang boom and they will be out. Yes, most of the scripts in the BETA don't have descriptions, because none of them are officially final. They are just scripts I have promised people, so I put them in there for simplicity reasons. I didn't have time to complete the script headings, but I will when I get to the V.4. I give myself deadlines to so push myself to get things done. Just how I work I guess.

Yeah its like Ravenith said, don't push yourself to hard, you'lll end up harming you brain =P
Trust me, I've been on work streaks myself, and let me tell you three days of eyeball popping PHP scripting with very little to no sleep can get to you...

Don't worry about it, I'm sure you and every one else would rather have things done right than rushed and problematic.

A day full of updates! Finally updated to V.4

However, the demo is far far far from done. I spent most of my time organizing everything, setting up the editor page, etc. If someone wants to work on a demo, or even add pieces of it, be my guest. I would be in your debt.

Good to hear that there's something moving in Seph's scripting area... and now that you released the v.4, you can finally focus on the more important scripts, especially one of them, right? :p
(Oh, come on, you knew I was going to say that ^_^ )

Saw that coming a mile away. You just wait. Your request will come out of no where. Not my fault you choose on of the most dynamic request I have taken. I think I have revised it now at least 3 times. Ha ha.

Woot! Finally out!

Although...

Whats the deal with the movement when you try and move? It comes up with an error when I try to escape from battle.

It's probably Near's Analog movement system. It moves you with the mouse. It's just a demo problem.

When did the escape error occur exactly? I haven't fully tested the escape command script, as original it was created in a different cbs. Not sure what the error is though.

Congrats, I know it was hard but you made a great accomplishment today. This should get a lot of people off your back for a while :p

SephirothSpawn;252887 said:
Saw that coming a mile away. You just wait. Your request will come out of no where. Not my fault you choose on of the most dynamic request I have taken. I think I have revised it now at least 3 times. Ha ha.
Lol, well... at the time i requested it, I posted it in a script request thread... not my fault you were all like "if you have additional ideas, shoot them" XD
But I know there's no better person to do this script, so again - take your time. Better to get a good result than a hasted one ;)

SephirothSpawn;252890 said:
When did the escape error occur exactly? I haven't fully tested the escape command script, as original it was created in a different cbs. Not sure what the error is though.
Landarma;252891 said:
About escape error, I also saw such error, but after battle ended.
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/5083/escapingcosterroruf4.png[/IMG]

SephirothSpawn, its a simple error. After you aliased the battle_end method you called the alias without arguments. It should be the work of a moment to fix it. Keep up the good work! For now, you've earned a break. :thumb:

HAHAHA Seph still making bugs I see.

Don't worry I'll get my Test bed soon all I need is a good mattress, frame, and sheets. It'll be a King size bed man!

Also DID YOU GET TO THAT EQUIPMENT SKILLS UPDATE I AM NOT SEEING IT HERE

It's hard to keep 70+ scripts all free of bugs. ;)

Hehe. It would be nice to see a Trickster's Test bed. No equipment skills yet. I am working out a few bugs on it and making a window to view your current ap.

Demo updated. Escaping Cost fixed.

How about you guys release a Trickspawn's/Sephster's Bed? And when will that Skill Equip System be coming along? Keep up the great work guys, and I'm loving the updating. The new World Map/Globe script is so much better than the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.