Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Seph's Test Bed V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sephiroth: Ok thanks :D

Unfortunatly, i came across another unusual problem, this time in your "Sudoku" script. I think it is an issue with my project because in your "test bed v3" it works normally, but when i use it in my project, all my movements are doubled. Thats to say when i press the arrow keys, it moves two squares in the direction i press and when i use the L/R keys it increases/decreases the number in the square by 2.

Can you think of anything that could cause this? From the relatively small amount of scripting i cant think of anything that would make this happen. I tried dividing all the movement things by 2 in the script, but that made the movement even more screwy lol.

I haven't been around in some weeks, thus I assume 4.1 has arrived as it was scheduled to. The question then, is where are the file?

shaz

I've been using the Map Screenshot Maker for a week or so, and noticed a bug with events, and have a couple of "please can you..." requests.

Version I'm using is the latest and greatest. When it prints an event - a door on a house, NPC, player avatar - it doesn't end up where it should.

Posting an example...

This is what I expect to be saved to the file:
http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/sha ... Result.png[/img]

This is what's actually happening:
http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/sha ... Result.png[/img]

Events aren't always that far away from where they should be, and sometimes there's more of a vertical difference between the y coordinate and sometimes the x coordinate has a greater difference.

I THINK it may have to do with images that are not the default 32x32 - have experimented a little with this, with SOME success.

My additional requests are:
Is it possible to add the screen tint?
Is it possible to add the fog tint?

Both are a little beyond me (or maybe a lot)

Got the first one sorted - I think. It solves MY problem, but maybe there are others and this isn't the most appropriate spot for these changes:
Code:
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Draw Character Sprites
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def self.draw_character_sprites(bitmap, spriteset, c)
    # Pass Through Character Sprites
    spriteset.character_sprites.each do |sprite|
      # Skip If Not Visible or Nil Bitmap
      next if sprite.visible == false || sprite.bitmap.nil?
      # Skip If Condition
      next if (eval c)
#      # Draw Sprite On Bitmap 
#      bitmap.blt(sprite.x, sprite.y, sprite.bitmap, sprite.src_rect, 
#        sprite.opacity)
      # Draw Sprite On Bitmap 
      bitmap.blt(sprite.x - sprite.bitmap.width/8 * sprite.bitmap.width/128, 
        sprite.y - sprite.bitmap.height/8 * sprite.bitmap.height/128, 
        sprite.bitmap, sprite.src_rect, 
        sprite.opacity)
    end
  end

I will look into expanding this system for the V.42 version. This was just a little request for Prex, but I don't mind spending a little more time on it.

I am working on the demo now. I am also uploading the scripts page with all the new scripts as I type this. You can see the scripts there until I have time to post the demo. It might be a little buggy and files may be missing or not found, but thats just until they finish uploading.

Hi Seph, I downloaded your test bed. It's awesome, however I found some things annoying (for me, at least):

1. When Analog Movement is on, the blinking cursor at battle may follow the mouse cursor; meanwhile, normal input (moving cursor by directional button) can still be done. I think this will lead to confusion, being there are two cursor movement methods. Also, I think I must click the highlighted command to execute, but nothing happens! (Of course, the input is still done via RMXP's C button.)
I suggest that if allowing mouse movement for window cursor, you must also allow mouse input (clicking) to execute highlighted commands. That includes allowing enemy/actor selection using mouse too.

2. Still about the mouse issue. In battle, even when I turned Analog Movement off, the window cursor still follows my mouse! So, if my mouse is hovering at one command by accident (since my mouse cursor tends to disappear), normal cursor movement method (directional button) won't work...

3. At battle, if one actor successfully escapes, the battle status window looks screwed (I know you might have been thinking of it) as exampled below:

4. Still when an actor successfully escaped, the battle stops when all remaining actors died (not including the reserved actors)! Isn't it supposed to be a game over? Or did I miss something?
Here's the screenshot:

By the way, I have a question. In your test bed 0.4, is there a "gameover to inn" script? I can't find it... I'd like to learn it, since I made my own and it wasn't a success. And do you remember the transformation script? Are you working on it?

Thanks a lot.

Jonny

Hey Seph in your party switcher script I set the Max_Active_Members to 3 but it will let me add a 4th member with events. I started the game with 2 members then added a 3rd. Then when I tried to add a 4th so that it would go to the reserve, he joined the party. I used this call script:

Code:
$game_party.add_actor(4, index = true, 
add_to_reserves = true)

I tried calling the quick switcher after that and I got a script is hanging error.

Thanks for everything you're doing. Right now you and Trickster are both on my credits about 6 or 7 times.

it gives you so many uses of the spells...

like say fire 1 and lit 1... you can use 3 level 1 spells per day...

use either fire 1 and lit 1 up till a total of 3 XD

err I think thats how it works XD hehee

thats an example but I looooved playing final fantasy 1 hehe I still gots it and it still works... problem is the nes does not work 100% of the time more like 25%

Thanks of the explanation, i see another script similar in the forum,. but its incompatible with the SDK.

I waiting like a Monkey the update Lord Sspawn! XD.

ok i read all the post cool recopilation but for the life of me i dont undertand the event collision how to use it really i call the function but i dont know it looks like it returns me always nil

i tried the demo here and the hero character just moves uncontrollably. how do i get him to stop so i can actually test the scripts added in here? very frustrating.

^ hey south park dude, you're talking about analog controlling, just move your mouse over on what tile you want your hero to be and thats it. XD

Aww, thats too bad you didnt update the game over to inn script:( I liked that script the most... But, I hope you will update it!
A small suggestion for it, maybe you can make it so that you have to set the place in the script. For example:
Map = 1
Map y = 25
Map x = 25.
I know this is not rgss, but something like that... That if you die, you automaticaly go to that place.

Other than that, good job! I am now searching trough the SE to find something cool:D

bojox3m;278192 said:
^ hey south park dude, you're talking about analog controlling, just move your mouse over on what tile you want your hero to be and thats it. XD

no shit? that's kinda cool. i didn't know that. how do you turn it off?

shaz

quick question... on the map screenshot maker, is there a maximum width/height for maps to be able to use this? Anything of mine much bigger than 40x40 tiles seems to go into la-la land when it gets to the bitmap.make_png method.

I see you have a MAX which is set to nil. Have you discovered that there IS a maximum size before it stops working?

Edit: disregard. Once I closed my OTHER game I was playing and retried this, it created a snapshot of my 100x100 map with no hassles at all. Seems I'll be rid of this problem altogether if I just dispose of Vista, or get another gig of RAM :)

to turn it off just take the mouse off the screen in window mode and then talk to that middle person...

sometimes it does not work if you just talk to the middle person when your mouse is still over the windowed screen

What happen to u SephirotSpawn?. you're Death?...We, all the non-scripter users need your help. Oh GOD!

We been waiting for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.