Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Seph's Test Bed V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
sondance;282506 said:
What happen to u SephirotSpawn?. you're Death?...We, all the non-scripter users need your help. Oh GOD!

We been waiting for this.

Do you realize scripters have a life out there? Give him some time.

Gusy Ive been waiting 2 months for the .41,
the man is busy with scripting, has a life etc...
There are other users and scripters that can help too

so can you help me with the crafting script because i've never scripted before

Does Anyone know where i can get some final fantasy scripts from like DRAW from FF8 Or Materia equip from FF7

Ugh I can't find this anywhere...

I don't know if this has been solved before, but when I add ccoa's Minecart Mayhem to my game, whenever I crash I get an error:

Script 'Ccoa Minecart Mayhem' line 359: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `erased=` for nil:NilClass

Please help a game dev in training >.<

Umm the old test bed had TONS of scripts, but reall this one seems to have jsut one or two, is the last one still on the site somewhere?

oh and i cant move, my guy just goes crazy.

cool this is really good, the only problem i have found is with the mouse movement system it will still move while talking and skip over other events on the map

Uhmm... Seph, I looked at your collection of scripts and found the "Skill Mana System" and it was great! I was wondering if the mana information be placed on the battle. I couldn't see how many mana is left in battle.

Heyas. I've been messing around with this "Dynamic Enemies" script for the past couple of hours trying to figure it out, but no matter what I try I can't seem to get it to work.

I'm guessing the problem lies in me not actually knowing how to configure it properly (and yes, I've read the configuration instructions).

Basically I'm just trying to get a simple test to work. I have an event set up that triggers a battle with a "troop" containing two ghosts, as well as an event that levels up my party. In this way I test by fighting the ghosts twice—both before and after levelling up—and compare the results.

In any case, I can't seem to get the script to work, no matter what I try. It feels like I've tried almost everything I can come up with, but with no previous knowledge of ruby I'm shooting in the dark.

I'd appreciate it if somebody could provide me with an example of how I can get the Dynamic Enemies script to alter, for example, the amount of "gold" that drops from my ghost battle, so I can move on from there.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

were is the materia script link or script code, i have read the this forum and checked in the search and i have not been able to find it!

wsensor":3srtg3ar said:
ok also I was playing around in the test bed earlier and went to use a potion this is the error I got

Script 'Enhanced Item Parameters' line 87:NoMethodError occured.
undefined method 'item_effect[ for #<rpg::item:0x6201908>
ok also I was playing around in the test bed earlier and went to use a potion this is the error I got

Script 'Enhanced Item Parameters' line 87:NoMethodError occured.
undefined method `stat_effect' for #<RPG::Item:0x3eb3c78>

to fix that, go to the 87th line and change.

item.stat_effect.each do |stat_name, n|

for

item.stat_effects.each do |stat_name, n|

Thats all.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.