Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[RMXP] Net Rmxp Online 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUigeo

Thnx Midnight and Shinn, also when will this new XAS be out, because i found a link to the netrmxp downloads. On the page it says 2.5.3 (update for 2.1.6) would that contain the new XAS, also it has netrmvx dowload on it aswell!!Also where would i find dynamic maps or how do i create them?

MUigeo

Im on the same lines as you masteredu, where i have searched for dynamic maps but found off topic things, i asked Shinn or Midnight if there was any scripting that could allow players to own houses and customise them. Shinn replied Dynamic maps.Midnight didnt know about any.
@Midnight, Oh ok are you sure, if so what is the 2.5.3 update do then?

Shinn

You can find Dynamics Maps here:

Near Fantastica's Test Bed
http://rapidshare.de/files/39300652/Nea ... d.rar.html
Remember to credit Near Fantastica's

Run the game, go inside the house and press "Q".
I really don't remember how to setup the Dynamic Map script, but I think you can find how.

2.1.6 Features:
New Currency - Changes your currency into an item
Particle Engine
New Hud
Global Weather System controlled by Server.
and other things.

If you will use it please do this first:
Open the Script Editor then go to: [ALS][1] Anti Lag Script

Find this (line 231): $antilag.high_priority = true
and replace to this: $antilag.high_priority = false

It looks really great but could some one please explain to me how can I setup the server and so I could register? I don't understand what to do with wamp5 and how to configure php or somthing like that :(

MUigeo

you don't need to register via the php page,
1) first open the config file, which is based in the server folder.
2) configure everything so
change localhost to your ip, then replace nome(name) with your name of the server. then change the version to 2.1.6 ( the version you should have)
then change the PASSWORD to your own password for the server; then save it and exit.
3) Then open the client folder and open the file game which doesn't have the orange picture. then once opened click script editor and click configuration[CF] then config the password and version using the same from  the config file(server), language(by just changing Italien to English, for the  all italien not 1 or 2) then scroll down until you see localhost and change ip and port to the ones in the config file(server folder)
4) your finished hope this helps people!!!

I don't have "local host" in the config file :S
and in the script editor it say:
VERSION          = 1.5
and the title of the game is NRMXP Online plus 2.0

so where do I download 2.1.6?

you download the newest version , in the newest version it is to 1.5 (i think a bug)
and you change the 1.5 in 2.6 ok? and by the client to , to 2.6

now it gives me an error:
line 53 in [NET] TCPSocket *:
"      raise Errno.const_get(Errno.constants.detect { |c| Errno.const_get(c).new.errno == errno })  "

Thanks it's working! :D
And it has skill hud :O I though I will need to script one myself.
Now I just need to find out how to change the language ><"

MUigeo

to change the language go into script editor and clik config then scroll down until you see italien and change it to any language in the language section

Wow, this looks very nice! And the great thing is i was looking for a way to implement XAS into my game when i was using netplay, now this guy is doing it. Can't wait for update, good luck, and thank you.

Hello,
I'm looking for a few people for the pixeling, mapping, scripting etc.

For my RMXP online project.

I can netplay 2.0, 2.1 1.6 and net rmxp line up

Who wants to join?

Email: eduardgotwig@googlemail.com
MSN: I AM NOT OFTEN ONLINE
Mobile Phone Number: (+49) 0151/16948112
PM:masteredu

PS: I am from germany!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.