Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[RMXP] Net Rmxp Online 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUigeo

Hey, again i found a XAS system!! but  not sure it will work with net play, it's called hero edition, soz Compuives and robot, but ur goin to have dl again , because u've both obviously changed something in the script, or if it persists post again.

MUigeo

hmm odd, works fine with vista and xp, what version are you using?
because if i remember the 2.5.3 update has that error, also does anyone know of a naruto style fighting script?

Hello,
When is start the Server, i get a error:
Run-time Error '380':
A script engine for the specified languange can not be created.

What should i do?

And sorry for my bad english^^

MUigeo

JEEZ!!, man i havent a clue about you 3's problems, cos i didnt get those errors when i first ran it, and whats even stranger is tht im using vista

I'm afraid this is the single most unstable server software I've ever seen. Not only did it take hours to debug my game(something I was prepared to do), when I finally got it to run pretty much bug free the server would randomly decide to quit on me, or warp the players to random ares in the game. It very rarely spawned them at the assigned area, and when it did, it would crash if the server had more than 3 people on it and end up sending all the players on top of roofs and such. I guarantee you there is no plausible reason as to why this would happen other than that the server software is severly unstable.

One minute it would work fine, I could test it without problems, the right character sprites would spawn, the right items would be given and the players would be spawned at the right area when they made a new char. But all of a sudden the server would decide that it would make some chaos. The sprites would be spawned wrongly, they would, as mentioned earlier, be spawned into rofs and such. And it does not handle a lot of players playing at the same time. It will crash and die on you and mess up spawning points, character sprites and even item spawning.

I've tried to find fixes, but everytime I fix the main script it always comes back to the server software deciding to ruin things for me. Also, there's a limit as to how many enemies you can have fighting on the server at the same time apparently, as when 2 of us were checking out two enemy spawned areas, the server crashed.

I don't even need to touch the scripts or server software, at one point it will fail on me, and it's getting seriously annoying.

I have 2 problems with the server;

First, when I want the player to have money from an event it shows the money icon poping up above the player but when I go to the shop it shows no money.

Second, when I wanted to start playing a character a few minutes ago it showed me an error message says: ' errore:"" ' and then 'script is hangin up' and quit the game.

someone knows how to fix this?

I have some problems with this..
If I start the game everything works fine, untill I select the server, I then get

Wait ... Server unavailable, Tentativo 1 su 3

and then it goes futher.. I login, choose a character (or make it) and then I get this:

Script '[NET] Network ' line 1600: NoMethodError occurred.
private method `split' called for nil:NilClass

and then it shuts down. Installed it 2 times and 2 times I've got this.. Someone has a solution?

Script '[NET] Network ' line 1600: NoMethodError occurred.
private method `split' called for nil:NilClass

This will happen countless time, the most prominent reason however would be the following.
You've added a custom map, but forgot to edit the spawning location to reflect the new starting point.
This can be done in the server map in the file Class.ini
The other reaso would be that you have customized your classes and have different skills, weapons etc then are used in the "demo" made by NRMXP online.

A third, but unlikely reason in your case, would be forgetting to restart the server after changing class.ini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.