Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Post What's on Your Mind

Jason

Awesome Bro

Well, everything I have to say has pretty much already been said... only I would've worded it differently, but with still the same outcome, so meh...

Jason

Awesome Bro

I've decided that in the new year I'm going to get back into game making, not sure if I should carry on something I've already started, or think up something new... since I still think some of the things I've got (Some I've not mentioned on here too) are pretty promising and if shown in the right places could actually be quite popular or at least memorable in the indie game scene... I also think I'm going to buy myself a new graphics tablet too, since I've been without one for way too long now, just not sure which is the best to buy on a budget of under £100 or something lol... guess I should ask around or something, who knows...

Jason

Awesome Bro

Doesn't desu mean "it is" or something like that? So what the fuck you on about like? It is what? Because if we're talking about my penis, desu mahoosive my good man.

I agree with both the rating system and new posts on homepage where the news is. Maybe the new posts are split into 'Latest Project Activity', 'Latest General Activity', etc. and have them last longer than the current 'New posts' list, because that seems to reset to none if there's no activity in a few days.

Melanii":1965pqak said:
Should we still figure out the MAIN focus? o.o
I'll always be here for support.
I do Tiles, I do Sprites, I do Scripts.
Call me, I'll come rushing over with my bag of tricks (bag of tricks)

9tmOM6p.gif

Xilef, I hate to say this, but your mockup is terrible at best. You do NOT use Reddit or Disqus as a base for delivering anything but text content. I'm working up a mockup in HTML right now, I'll link it when I'm done.

Edit: and now you can find a very quick and dirty html demo here. Note that it was designed very hastily, and what actually shows up on the homepage can and should be up for discussion. For example, the Nexus mod sites disallow content from showing up on the homepage if there is no image associated with it, while indiedb requires an image to be associated with content before it can be submitted.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.