Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Multi Player Split Screen with SDK

Shinn

Er... I can't open the menu since the both players are in the same map, dunno if Its really a bug or just some file corrupted or something like that... I'll see that later...

I dont know if you already know but players 2's name, graphics, class and such can't be modified if It's set 'multplayer' (crashes the game)...
Also I'd like to ask you for showing X and Y coords for Player 2... I think it would really help! (at least for me)...

Congratulations and I hope that you finish this soon!

luis

Shinn":2z85ro35 said:
Er... I can't open the menu since the both players are in the same map, dunno if Its really a bug or just some file corrupted or something like that... I'll see that later...

I dont know if you already know but players 2's name, graphics, class and such can't be modified if It's set 'multplayer' (crashes the game)...
Also I'd like to ask you for showing X and Y coords for Player 2... I think it would really help! (at least for me)...

What kind of error do you get when openign the menu?, But the player 2's name and other data, can be modified just go to the Database , and search for player 2, also do you mean how to get player 2 coords?  thanks! haha i will try my best to finish!

Shinn

luis":2blh9qe2 said:
Shinn":2blh9qe2 said:

What kind of error do you get when openign the menu?, But the player 2's name and other data, can be modified just go to the Database , and search for player 2, also do you mean how to get player 2 coords?  thanks! haha i will try my best to finish!

About the menu:
Critical Error C0000005 at adress 01AF7612

About the player 2's data... I know it can be modified at the Database, but just at the Database, It can't be modified by events (no error show up)

and about the coords, yes, but I would like to use the coords like the player one, I mean, moving and event till players coords and such...

Thanks anyway =)

luis

About the menu: yeah it's a bug, thanks for telling me  :thumb: i hate that error! is the more dificult to eliminate completly

About the player 2's data: do you mean using the events? lol, never thought about that, next version will have that surely  :crazy:i did some tests and nothing happen! everything seems ok

didn't understand, are you talking of what event command specifically? i think is easy to do anything if you get player 2 , coords 

Shinn

luis":373jwixn said:
About the menu: yeah it's a bug, thanks for telling me  :thumb: i hate that error! is the more dificult to eliminate completly

About the player 2's data: do you mean using the events? lol, never thought about that, next version will have that surely  :crazy:i did some tests and nothing happen! everything seems ok

didn't understand, are you talking of what event command specifically? i think is easy to do anything if you get player 2 , coords 

Nice! Next version will be awesome!

Ok...about the coords...that because I was trying to make a multplayers game that players could shoot events, really simple making the event go to players coords and then move, but I couldn't do that with players 2, and I think that if theres a way to know players 2 coords it could be done (ok I'm really a noob with scripts xD)

Edit: Gtg... I will see your reply later...thank you.

luis

yeah! got your idea! 1st , this are the player 2 coords variables
Code:
$game_player2.x (X position)
$game_player2.y (Y position)
now, you just have to save up this values to an another variable! like the RMXP variables, so use this!
Code:
$game_variables[VARIABLE NUMBER 1] = $game_player2.x 
$game_variables[VARIABLE NUMBER 2] = $game_player2.y
this will save the player 2 coords to the that variables, later you can use like a place event command with the number of the variables, so that should move the desire event in the right place!  :thumb:
but a just found that there is a bug in the interpreter so this won't work! so please be pacient and wait my next release  :sad: sorry!, i'm working hard!
thanks! 

So if i said "teleport_p2(1,1,P2 Tent)" that would put player 2 at coordinate 1,1 in map P2 Tent when i activate the event? srry for the questions im just a noob XD

luis

Shockysparks":2qpy7rfm said:
So if i said "teleport_p2(1,1,P2 Tent)" that would put player 2 at coordinate 1,1 in map P2 Tent when i activate the event? srry for the questions im just a noob XD

no, you must put the Map ID, not the Map Name, ex: "teleport_p2(1,1,2)" (don't put the quotes) you can see the Map ID, in the properties of the map.

Ok with that little tid bit of information you have bestowed upon me, i can make the type of game i was aiming for TY and good luck with ur future scripting which i hope to mooch off of XD

Shinn

luis":1v69obc7 said:

Well I've tried again and can't modify the Player 2's Graphics.
I made and event that change the characters graphics (second player obviously), then ran the game tested the event and nothing happens (still the charas graphic set at the Database). =/
I think you should have fixed this someway in your current script.

Anyway, I'm sure that the next release will solve all my problems  :smile:
Thank you for advance. Keep doin' this good job  :thumb:

luis

Yeah, the non-released version that i'm working on, now fixes that bug! thanks for reporting, the problem was that the method didn't refresh the player 2 chara, so that was a tiny problem resolved!

Wow i thought my noob questions were over but here comes another one. If i place an event that there was an obstucion in the way of player 2 and then a switch activates the 2nd page of that obstruction to make it dissapeer...player 2 can walk thru it for some reason...and then the menu glitch happens but ive found ways around the menu glitch ^_^....i havent really read the whole fourom so if u explained this alrdy just tell me ill go looks for it so u dont gotta type it again

Shockysparks":6fxn66ag said:
Wow i thought my noob questions were over but here comes another one. If i place an event that there was an obstucion in the way of player 2 and then a switch activates the 2nd page of that obstruction to make it dissapeer...player 2 can walk thru it for some reason...and then the menu glitch happens but ive found ways around the menu glitch ^_^....i havent really read the whole fourom so if u explained this alrdy just tell me ill go looks for it so u dont gotta type it again

i meant to say player 2 "cant" walk thru it for some reason lol

Shinn

Shockysparks":1wnbggol said:
So why don't you just Change the Position of the Event? (well if you wont use this event again it might help xD) Edit: Forget it, didn't work. All we can do is to wait for the next release xP.
About the menu glitch I think you should disable it when the both players are in the same map, because it crashes the game.

luis

Changing the position will not work(only in certain conditions), try using the Switches, not self switches, because they don't work, the menu glich just try to avoid it, and some event use through but player2 can not pass through them, until i release the new version. also for all! Erasing an event(for player2) will not work! theres a lot of bugs! wait and all of them are going to be fixed! thanks for report! hehe...

because the tileset has always followed player 1, if a barrel was the object in row 3 coloum 3 for and player 1 goes into a differnt tileset, then any event tht was set for tileset row 3 coloum 3 will change from a barrel to player 1's current tileset. (i kinda confused myself typing tht)

luis

youngcrunk187":3smnm2ft said:
Why is it when player 1 goes into another map the tileset for player 2 messes up?
Shockysparks":3smnm2ft said:
because the tileset has always followed player 1, if a barrel was the object in row 3 coloum 3 for and player 1 goes into a differnt tileset, then any event tht was set for tileset row 3 coloum 3 will change from a barrel to player 1's current tileset. (i kinda confused myself typing tht)
Hey, don't understand, i don't have that problem, explain the problem!
Do you mean that the tileset from screen 2, changes when player 1 goes to another map, where player 2 is not there, so  SCreen 2 will have the save Tileset that the 1st screen? that doesn't happen to me...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.