Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mog Styled Menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keke

The Menu is great but in the Main Menu , I can't see the Map Name ( it's very important ) ! Please show me the way to add the Map Name to the Main Menu ! Thanks !

!

Keke;312949 said:
The Menu is great but in the Main Menu , I can't see the Map Name ( it's very important ) ! Please show me the way to add the Map Name to the Main Menu ! Thanks !

!
Find updated Moghunter's menu script from RGSS Atelier. It has desired feature.

Sorry, I'm still new to this. Where are the scripts? And if you have to see them in the demo, whenever I try to open the project it says "Failed to load actor data".

Any help would be very much appreciated. :)

blinkrocket182;296041":8ogxg0qj said:
I have tried a lot of Battle systems and they all seem to work fine with me. Which Battle systems are you having problems with?

Also, is there a way to combine Taryns Ammunition system with the Mog Styled Item Menus? Just Re-Aranging the order of the scripts doesnt seem to work fully.
I am currently using MrMos ABS EVE are there other battle systems similar that would work?

mawk

Sponsor

My dear sir, this quite literally knocked me out of my socks. My socks were the only things keeping me suspended between worlds, so now I'm free to break loose and cause havoc in yours! And no one can stop me! >: D

<cough cough>

Sryboutthat.
But what you've made here is pretty much the ideal menu system. I'd love to use it, once I have things put together a little better.

Are there any alternate skins, though?

GanonLives;326506 said:
I am currently using MrMos ABS EVE are there other battle systems similar that would work?

Yer, as I said before. I'm using RTAB (don't know what version) and it runs just fine, and ive added A LOT of other scripts to it as well. All that and i have had no conflicts after i have rearranged them. Mogs Item script and taryns ammo script still cant get to work though. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm not even going to start to describe how great these scripts are. There are not enough words in our limited vocabulary to emphasize the beauty of them. However I found problems....

1. How would I make the Main Menu face graphic for the first actor show up, if I have a
    "Enter Hero Name" for him. I understand how to change the Face and whatnot, but that
    one face in particular runs off the name of the character. I understand why                        .  (for other actors) but I want it to show up no matter the name. Understand?
    If its too complicated, I'll take out the Name Hero feature. Its well worth doing to get
    these menus. I may just not make one show up, and put the face on the background
    Layout picture.... Any thoughts on how to make it work without doing that?

2. I'm not sure if you heard of it but another great script its "Enchanced Weapons" by     
  Charlie-Lee. Only problem is that any weapon that is "Enchanted" (before additions, and 
  after) When you remove it from being equiped, its gone. You still have it (in items) but
  its not there in the Equipment screen. It works fine for non-Enhanced weapons.
  This one is somewhat a major problem for weapon crafting plays a big role in my game.
  Any words of advice will be greatly appreciated, and thanks again MogHunter, for the
  AMAZING scripts.
-Polidoro

:EDIT:
So I fixed my first problem with the idea suggested by... me. I'm going to leave it up there though so if anyone else has the same problem.

And thanks to Charlie-Lee himself, I fixed my second problem. All I needed to do was put the "Enhanced Weapons" Script after the Mog Menus. Thanks again Charlie-Lee.
-

shinnn":1k48vi4s said:
Karthack
I know how to resolve this problem...
Replace the "actor.name" in the script to the actor.battler_name ...
So the script will look for the Battler Character's name file...

Example: Aluxes is yours first character, he has 001-Fighter01 as his Battler, so when you change the name of Aluxes, the Battler will still be the same (001-Fighter01)

Example2 (changing):
I will take the MOG_Menu Status Eva like example.
Go to the ->  face = RPG::Cache.picture(actor.name + "_fc2")    <-line.
Change to this: -> face = RPG::Cache.picture(actor.battler_name + "_fc2")  <- 

So, the script won't look for character's name _fc2, but It will look for the Battler's name _fc2 (like "001-Fighter01_fc2")

Congratz Moghunter!

This does not work! I try over and over again and everytime I rename the character, the picture don't show up! ARGHH!!

all I did to get it to work for me was to rename the characters in xp to what I wanted. Then I renamed the character images to their name_fc or fc2 or fc3 which ever was called for. Also, make sure images are in right folders....battlers images had to be imported to the battler folder for me if I remember right.

i have a problem when i use MOG Scene File Ayumi it says 'MOG - scene file' line 90: no method error occurred undefined method '/' for [["046-Grappler01",0]]:Array

how come most of the scripts are in spanish is moghunter spanish???????

No double posting, you! ~ Arc... err... Weighted Companion Cube...

I've been on and off from RPG maker but when I came back to the site, your menus are really something I have never seen before :) Looks very professional if I say so myself.

You should probably try to make a party switching menu too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.