Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mog Styled Menus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I'm kinda new to this and unsure of how to apply the face images to the menu screen. I got the menu working but it only shows an image of the first actor in my party (Aluxes). What exactly would i have to tinker with to change that picture and what would I do to change the other members in my party (their menu pictures are blank). Sry, this is probably a newbie question, kinda wish there was a tutorial.

So I've been using the mog treasure display and it stopped working.  No errors, it just doesn't show up anymore.  It was working fine one minute then i go to play test the game and bam!  Nothing...  Any ideas why?  I hadn't added any new scripts from what I can remember.  Ugh!

Ok I LOVE the menus but I was just wondering if there's a way to equip hotkeys for skills and items so I can use XAS heroes battle system. Right now it wont let me equip any hotkeys from the Mog menus.

Look deep into you Pictures folder. The beauty about this script is that almost everything you see is pictures. The script only places them, and does numbers ect.
  Look for the graphic of the one you want to change and simply Make a new one that you want and import it into your pictures. Make sure you name it the same as the original and make sure you get rid of the original as well.
-Polidoro

Are you sure it's Mog's Menus? Try getting rid of the menu, or placing it above or beneath the RTAB to see if that's the problem. If it is, could you specify which menu(s)?

I'm sure it's Mog's menu. I made a test file and added RTAB along with all my other scripts in my faulty project. I then made sure every single party member info was exactly the same, with all the file names exactly the same. After that I began adding scripts from the faulty project into the test project until I got the error during the battle. I finally got it when I added MOG - MPW Map_Name. Then, I removed it to see if any of the other MOG menu scripts would cause the problem, and out of the 3 others I tried, all of them caused the error :( The RTAB script and Mogs Styled Menu scripts are my absolute favourites, and I can't bear to lose either one of them. I haven't even moved passed the first map for a whole day because I keep trying to find a solution, but I can't :(

Anyway, the exact error is:
"Script: 'RTAB' line 1538: Argument Error occurred. Wrong number of arguments (1 for 0)"

Line 1538 in RTAB is: update_phase4_step4(battler)

Which I found in this section of the script
   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Action renewal (main phase)
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def action_phase(battler)
    # When action 1 is, verification whether or not the battler while acting
    if @action == 1 and battler.phase <= 3
      for target in battler.target
        speller = synthe?(target)
        if speller == nil
          # When the target is in the midst of usual acting,
          if @action_battlers.include?(target)
            if target.phase > 2
              return
            end
          end
        else
          # When the target is in the midst of cooperation skill moving,
          for spell in speller
            if @action_battlers.include?(spell)
              if spell.phase > 2
                return
              end
            end
          end
        end
      end
    end
    case battler.phase
    when 1
      update_phase4_step1(battler)
    when 2
      update_phase4_step2(battler)
    when 3
      update_phase4_step3(battler)
    when 4
      update_phase4_step4(battler)
    when 5
      update_phase4_step5(battler)
    when 6
      update_phase4_step6(battler)
    end
  end

If you want I can give you a link to the script, so you can study it further if needed... I am extremely desperate for help here, I love both these mods and refuse to give up either one :( I've been sitting here from 1:00PM to 6:42PM trying to find an answer, when I should be studying for my Math and Social Studies final tommorow... heh.

EDIT: Everything seems to be working now... I just had to restart the project and copy and paste all the scripts from scratch... I duno what the hell was going on, but it just started crashing no matter what I did... anyway it all seems good now :/

I'm almost done a custom-looking Mog Menu. The setup is all the same, I'm just changing the graphics. After I'm done, I'll put up a few pics, if you guys want it you can have it. I should be done sometime this weekend.

_Polidoro

Joepolidoro":1s7h3b3g said:
And thanks to Charlie-Lee himself, I fixed my second problem. All I needed to do was put the "Enhanced Weapons" Script after the Mog Menus. Thanks again Charlie-Lee.

Thanks for posting this, dude. I was having this exact same problem, but this fixed it! :thumb:

No problem Apache., I'm glad someone got use out of the long post. Thanks for the thanks-
I should have them "New Graphic" menus up by morning. They are a bit darker than the defaults, and are a bit sexy.
_Polidoro

ffreak

Joepolidoro":2gil9955 said:
No problem Apache., I'm glad someone got use out of the long post. Thanks for the thanks-
I should have them "New Graphic" menus up by morning. They are a bit darker than the defaults, and are a bit sexy.
_Polidoro

wow thanks, but can you up the psd files, too becouse i want to translate it in german^^"""

ffreak

hmm... the psd files- They won't be layer for layer, but I'll try to get the text out there for you. I assume that all you want to translate unless Germans see pictures differently :p
I'm not done just yet, but I should be before I head out later on tonight.
_Polidoro

Is there a party changer script that works with these scripts? I'm using the Mog Scene Menu script, and while the 5th character is clearly in the party, you can't scroll down the menu to view him. Anyone know a way to fix that?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.