Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mog Styled Menus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calintz16438;272265 said:
I want to make it so where the face graphic originally shows in the Main Menu, it will have an animated sprite instead.....Of course I will be making the sprites myself,(50x50) but as for the animated part, I think that would have to be done in the script.

Yes and no. I recall something similar that Ccoa used in her UMS. It had animated sprites, but still I can't recall if it was just a GIF or an script.
If you can run it as a GIF, you could quickly adapt even this script here to do your wishes.

ive found 1 flaw.
your game isnt RPG or role playing game if you cant Rename your characters.

EDIT: just to be clear, if you call the rename script. the image of the actor that you will rename will lose.

Anonymous

foxbuster;272434 said:
Yes and no. I recall something similar that Ccoa used in her UMS. It had animated sprites, but still I can't recall if it was just a GIF or an script.
If you can run it as a GIF, you could quickly adapt even this script here to do your wishes.

Yes, I was experimenting with her UMS, but it involves heavy use of the call script, and like I said earlier, I'm not good with scripts: YET..... So I'm sticking with Dubealex's AMS. I'm not sure if I completely understand what you mean though... Is it even possible to get RMXP to run GIF's? My avatar is in GIF format, so if anyone could do that in script, I'd be willing to test it out with my work.....but as for me trying to get the script changed...........it's just not going to happen right now...

Calintz16438;273273 said:
Yes, I was experimenting with her UMS, but it involves heavy use of the call script, and like I said earlier, I'm not good with scripts: YET..... So I'm sticking with Dubealex's AMS. I'm not sure if I completely understand what you mean though... Is it even possible to get RMXP to run GIF's?

I meant that you could try to absorb and use what ccoa did in her UMS for you to use within your animated facesets issue.

Anonymous

But I'm not using animated facesets, but I think I know what you mean now anyway..... I don't understand scripting though, so it's pointless to look at the script and to expect to understand what her input means.....

bojox3m;273091 said:
ive found 1 flaw.

EDIT: just to be clear, if you call the rename script. the image of the actor that you will rename will lose.

So? I think you can change drw_face or any other face/battler drawing method like this:
Code:
def drw_face(actor,x,y)
  face = RPG::Cache.picture(actor.id + "_fc") rescue nada
  cw = face.width 
  ch = face.height 
  src_rect = Rect.new(0, 0, cw, ch)
  self.contents.blt(x , y - ch, face, src_rect)    
end
Of course, face picture should be named (actor's id)_fc.png.

Sorry if this has been asked before (but there are 25 pages and I couldn't look through all of them, haha) but is there any way to make this compatible with larger parties?

Any help would be appreciated, your menu's look amaaaazing! Thanks.

Yep, great work on these menus! One question tho (not sure if it was asked yet), can someone help me update the animated window map name script, I just want it instead of you turning a switch on and off to disable the effect, could you just make it so the window doesn't appear if there's a symbol (like *, ~, etc.) after the name of the map?

Anonymous

Umm...After the logo screen fades and your title comes up on Title_Sofia, you have to press a key to continue, Is there a way to change the font style of that blinking icon?

And dealing with the Menu Screen...Could someone try to help me make the animated thing work? Where the face graphics appear, I want my animated battler there instead...I have the graphics already made...It's a Strip of graphics.....Like Ccoa's Animated Facesets in her UMS and her Sideview Battlers in her Side-View Battlesystem.....

Umm...After the logo screen fades and your title comes up on Title_Sofia, you have to press a key to continue, Is there a way to change the font style of that blinking icon?

Perhaps this may work.

Insert these lines:
Code:
@bot.bitmap.font.name = 'yourfontname'
@bot2.bitmap.font.name = 'yourfontname'

ive found 1 flaw.

You serious? Unless I have mistinterpreted what you have said, it is one of the most ridiculous definitions of an RPG I have ever heard.

Anonymous

Landarma;275147 said:
Perhaps this may work.

Insert these lines:
Code:
@bot.bitmap.font.name = 'yourfontname'
@bot2.bitmap.font.name = 'yourfontname'

Nop, didn't work, thnx anyway...

Jinn

Hello I'm new to the scripting in RM XP and such but I cannot figure out how to put these MOG Menu's together into my game I've tried to copy paste them into their own respective script but when I hit playtest i keep getting an error sayin "Cannot find Graphics/Titles/back" Im pretty confused how to put these menu's into my game atm sorry/

You should have graphic resources, too. Put scripts in your project, then copy all graphic file into your graphic directory. I didn't see any problem to using them together with recent version of Moghunter's(you can find them from Atelier RGSS).

Im using G. Multi-slot which has 3 extra slots like gaunlet, boots, and amulets slot. the MOG scripts work just fine such as equipment, it allows u to still equip 7 slots with MOG equip. but when you look into the status window, it only displays the default 5 equipments such as weapons,shield,helmet,armor and accessory. Is there away that i can add the extra slots thats already equipped and be able to display on this MOG status window? :D PLZ HELP ^_^

Outnumbered;282455 said:
Im using G. Multi-slot which has 3 extra slots like gaunlet, boots, and amulets slot. the MOG scripts work just fine such as equipment, it allows u to still equip 7 slots with MOG equip. but when you look into the status window, it only displays the default 5 equipments such as weapons,shield,helmet,armor and accessory. Is there away that i can add the extra slots thats already equipped and be able to display on this MOG status window? :D PLZ HELP ^_^

Simply saying, you have to edit MOG status to show additional equipments. But I doubt there's any space for showing them......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.