Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mog Styled Menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

@sillypieman :
I REALLY don't want to look through 18 pages to figure out how to customize how to make it so the characters names show up in the main menu, how to customize what pictures go in places

The names won't display on the Main Menu.
Secondly, you can just look at the scripting
and locate/search for "_FC"
As for the images sizes, just check the folder
for the sizes of the images.

he level up window thing is up way too high.
Elaborate a little more as to what you mean.
Or show a screenshot.

@bebop65 :
Please elaborate a little more on what you mean.

Along with the main menu script, there was a script that shows a window after every battle that shows how much exp. was gained and everything. The top fourth of this window is cut off, and there's space at the bottom.

Which Mog scripts are you using?
Are you using the Full Pack?

Which scripts are you using aside from
the Mog scripts? Might be another script
causing the error.

Anonymous

Well, I tried it, but it didn't work for me.....
I even tried it in the main menu... I don't know what's up...

I tried changing the (0, 0, cw, ch) first and when that didn't work, I made it default again, and then tried changing the x and y on the bottom one. That didn't work either... Did I even try it the right way?

In the script editor look for :
Code:
src_rect = Rect.new(0, 0, cw, ch)
self.contents.blt(x , y - ch, face, src_rect)    
end
Change the X, and Y to whatever you want
it. That should do it.

*Note* I only checked for the Main Menu system.

Not sure if this has been asked before (I'm not fond of going through several pages for one comment), but where the hell in the Menu script are the x/y values for the text, pictures, and selections? I looked through it and it seems different than a normal one. I redesigned the layout in Photoshop but it looks like dog crap with the default positions, obviously.

Sorry, this might be considered off topic, but where did Moghunter get the faces? I didn't see the ones he had originally on the sites...maybe I just missed them. But yeah, I would need them for Lancer02, Warrior01, Thief04, Devil01, Mage01, and Hunter01. The ones I could find weren't the same as the ones he had, and they weren't the right size. So yeah, if someone could let me know where I could find them, and the right size, that would be great.

Mea

sillypieman;234550 said:
Sorry, this might be considered off topic, but where did Moghunter get the faces? I didn't see the ones he had originally on the sites...maybe I just missed them. But yeah, I would need them for Lancer02, Warrior01, Thief04, Devil01, Mage01, and Hunter01. The ones I could find weren't the same as the ones he had, and they weren't the right size. So yeah, if someone could let me know where I could find them, and the right size, that would be great.

Faces are from this site:
http://sozaimenu.gozaru.jp/english.html

Full Bodies are from this site:
http://naramura.kdn.ne.jp/

Both sites use frames so I couldn't direct link to the resource pages, you'll have to poke around a bit.

Okay thx ^_^. I'll try to look more.

Edit: K yeah, thx. I got what I needed. I had tried to look through that face site before but I just got drasically lost LOL.

Hi,

i have a problem with Moghunters Scene-Menu. The play-time, steps and gold isn't shown, theres just an empy box. What can i do?

Ails

@BigBoss18
Try to paste this at the Main script, right after "begin"
Code:
$defaultfonttype = $fontface = $fontname = Font.default_name = "Tahoma"  
$defaultfontsize = $fontsize = Font.default_size =  18
This will change the fonts, its a common error when getting Menu scripts

Wow. This makes me want to stop learning RGSS, its that good. I havent seen menus this will done on the other forums I've been on.
Nice job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.