Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Iteration

Thank you! If you like that, you're going to be blown away with the start we're about to start cranking out. Things are going extremely well with the artist we're talking to, and it looks like he'll be starting in April.

Just posting to give a quick update. As I said in our last post, the story is finished, so now I've been working on the actual script for the game. It's going really well so far, and chapter one is almost finished. I say chapter because I've broken the story in a 23-chapter story, broken into three arcs. So, we're making good progress there.

Hey Everyone,

Been about a month or so since I posted here. Figured I'd update the thread for anyone who may actually still be following it. You'll notice that the thread's first post has been deleted and the info for the project has been taken down. This is NOT because the project has been cancelled. On the contrary, the project is actually starting to become somewhat of a serious project, and I wanted to take the info down as my team develops our company website. Once the site is done, I will post a link to it in the first post.

As for the game itself, things are moving along extremely well. The script is coming along nicely, as about a third of it has been finished already. I expect it to be finished by the end of July, where we'll start editing.

A few of the characters have been redesigned slightly, and all of them have been re-rendered by one of our new concept artists, Stephan McGowan. She is a very talented artist, and we're glad to be working with her. Right now she's only doing renderings of our protagonists, but hopefully we'll be able to bring her on to do the character designs for the entire game. As for the environments designs, I am extremely excited to say that the contracts have been signed with the artist we have been negotiating with for some time now. He begins work in about four days, and I can't wait to get started with him. While he currently wishes to remain anonymous, I will tell you that he his a very prominent artist in the game industry who has worked on several successful titles, and we're elated that he has decided to work with us.

Lastly, this message goes out to all the programmers here in the forums: White Raven Games is currently looking for programmers to work on building a demo for the first chapter of Iteration. We need experienced programmers willing to work with; building an engine and development tools for the game, working with battle system scripting, physics scripting, and working with isometric mapping. This is a paying job, and anyone who is interested should either PM me here or email at carlo.piantini@gmail.com

That's it for now. I won't be updating this thread very regularly anymore, but I'll try to post here as big things develop until the website is finished.

Hey everyone! Well, it's been about another month since my last time posting. Seems to be a recurring pattern, but hey, better to post when something actually happens, yeah? Today I bring you guys one relatively big update, a few smaller updates, and a really, really nice treat.

The big piece of news is that White Raven Games now has it's own facebook page, which is quickly becoming the game's development blog. Most of the updates and news that goes on about the game will regularly be posted on the page, as well as things like new art pieces, music from the soundtrack, videos, links, etc. Please check it out, and if you have a facebook account, please join us so you can be regularly updated.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/White-Rav ... ng_started

Other than that, the script is still coming along at a nice, steady pace, and my projection of having it finished by the end of July still seems right on the mark. We're also beginning the search for composers to work on the game's soundtrack. We have a few people in mind currently, who we're going to begin speaking with soon, but, if anyone here is interested in working with us, either PM me here or email at carlo.piantini@gmail.com

Finally, our environment artist has begun working, and so far it's nothing sort of incredible. Now, last time I said our artist was working, you guys never really got to see any of the good stuff they were cranking out. So today, I've decided to change things up, and share with you guys the first official piece of environment concept art for Iteration; the city-state of Mechea. Enjoy!

mecheafinalcolor1.jpg

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.