Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Final Fantasy VI SDK - Going Social!

If this is as good as it sounds, I'll stop doing a hack and use this.
Yes, I make FFVI hacks. I'm making one where the main character is Kuja from FFIX, the Moogles are replaced with Black Mages. But, as I said, if this is good, I'll make it using this.

@Kururu
:thumb:
Which editors were you using?

Update:
As you can see in the first post, i have added screenshots of the CBS.
They show normal attack, side attack, pincer attack and back attack.
As you may notice, the ATB gauge is an old one made by XRXS. It is working great
but I'll change it to fit ff6's battle timing. Its look will change too.

About the CBS:
  • The basic part of the system is completed. I still have to solve some weird bugs like battlers who attack even if they are dead O_o
  • Some movements are ugly and I have to make new sprite sheets for the battlers.
  • I still have to work on the battle commands
  • I must change the old japanese ATB i'm using
  • Finally, half of the battle algorithm is done

Once more, :thumb:!
It seems nice!

To use it in the SDK, you'll have to change it a bit.
The size is 2 times larger and you might want to take a look at an exemple of a sprite sheet (A sprite sheet is a collection of every poses used in battle).
http://img173.imageshack.us/img173/74/terraju8.png[/IMG]
You should be able to start your Kuja's sprite sheet with that. ;) But i have to warn you, it might change eventually.

Hey, God. This is good. I can't wait. CBS looks Kickarse!

@Kururu:

Those sprites are good. But the hair seems a bit bright. Try toning the shadowing of the hair. Like with Terra's hair. But still good. I can't sprite the FFVI style at all.

Yes you're right. The sprite is a bit too bright.

Update:

The battle system is almost playable!

• The battle timing is completed
  • The damage algorithm is completed (well, some details are missing but they are useless for now)
  • The ATB is working better than i though but I still have to change the look of it (yes, it's a detail)
  • The movements are working fine but they are a lil' buggy sometimes
  • A lot of bugs have been resolved
  • Lags have been eliminated

Once you get everything done, like the battle system and Menu, can you send it on over to me? I've been waiting for a good while to see a FF like menu that ISN'T overused and a really good FF like battle system. I'm not working on any game yet, cept a FFIII intro in RPG maker 2003, which isn't coming out very well.

Anyway, thanks.

How much longer until a possible beta or the like will be announced? I'm starting to get really interested in this system, and I'd quite like to have a chance to mess around with the coding and see what you've done.

LOL

Well, i will take the time to arrange some buggy things, I'll make 3 other sprite sheets and make a demo soon. You may expect the beta version (v 1.0!) for the next week or not this weekend but the next one.

FF6 is one of the most depressing games I've ever played.
Are you recreating everything, or just the broken world? (So it'll be like an SDK for a sequal)

I am recreating the systems and I'm providing as much resources (Audio/Graphic) as possible. I won't provide maps except for Figaro Castle and maybe the 2 world maps.

My goal is that you only need to make the maps and events to make a ff6 remake or sequel.

As I have mentioned before,
LOL

Well, i will take the time to arrange some buggy things, I'll make 3 other sprite sheets and make a demo soon. You may expect the beta version (v 1.0!) for the next week or not this weekend but the next one.

Why don't you try another system after this one is complete? Like recreate FF3's system so I can actually remake it. Though making a turned base game in 2k3 is pretty easy, sort of.

Well, I'll think about it but for now I'm putting all my time on this project.

Update:

The main part of the demo is done but the CMS is not complete at all.

Actually, the demo contains:

-Figaro Castle
-Battle System
-Some battle commands
-Some skills, items, weapons, armors, enemies
-The colisseum
-A part of the CMS

I'm trying to merge Trickster's scripts with my Title Map & Intro script to make the opening scene and if I'm able to solve all the problems related to that in the next week, it'll be present in the demo.

Goomba;112186 said:
SquareEnix would say no. They have a blanket "no fangames" policy, or used to anyways.

I know this is digging up an oooold post, but... Yes, this policy is still being upheld. I doubt they'd go after a humble little RMXP project, but they did shut down an incredible Chrono Trigger remake project that was turning the game into a gorgeous 3D game. I think it was the Chrono Trigger Remake Project, which they shut down along with Chrono Resurrection. Both groups recieved cease and desist orders from Squenix.

One can't be angry with Squenix though. Unfortunately, due to the law, they're forced to shut down these non-profit projects when they hear about them. Otherwise, if someone made a fangame and decided to sell it, they couldn't very well sue them because they have a history of allowing plagerism of their games. It's a rather sad setup. As my dad explained to me once, "If you don't stop people from walking across your front yard, you can't complain if they build a freeway on your lawn."

Does that means that I can't continue this project? Even if it's not a fangame? Several systems coming from other games were recreated and posted here. So they are illegal?

Don't worry about it, Dargor. If anything, the problem will come from people using this SDK and making games, as opposed to you yourself taking the flak.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.