Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Final Fantasy VI SDK - Going Social!

Yes you're right you'll have to add parameters, but I was just showing you how I did it.

Those algorithms are exact except they don't account for the specific weapons (such as Fixed Dice). I also didn't add anything for damage being dealt FROM the back row (it works if the enemy is attacking a player in the back row, but not if a backrow player is attacking an enemy)

Well if you can create the battle system I'm all for it.
Because IMO Final Fantasy 6 is the best Final Fantasy game to date. I mean were else can you see a world almost get destroyed by an insane clown?

Chaos_Prime;111494 said:
Well if you can create the battle system I'm all for it.
Because IMO Final Fantasy 6 is the best Final Fantasy game to date. I mean were else can you see a world almost get destroyed by an insane clown?

Well, if anybody, like Prexus, keep up helping me like this, you'll have a pretty good SDK ;)

@Prexus
The algorithm you wrote is perfect for now. I'm starting to work on the battle system and there's no need to add any special algorithm neither for the weapons nor for the back row right now. Thank you, it saves me time.

If you need the FF6 sounds, google for Kefka's Revenge, a Sphere fangame. It has A LOT OF the sounds. If I were you I'd ask permission from the creator first though.

Yeeah, I'm using Kefka's Revenge to rip some tilesets and characters.
About the copyrights, first of all, to rip isn't illegual (too many people are using rips) and i'm sure that i don't need to ask the permission to squarsoft 'cause i'm not making any money with that and i will not say that i'm the one who has made the graphics and music! That would be illegial! :P

By the way, here's a little update!

The main menu is almost finished, except the skill menu. I still need to make the esper system. I'll add some pictures tonight!

Thanks for your support!

-Dargor

I love that game, I have beat it over 10 times!!! Its is so cool that someone has done something to preserve the memory of a awesome game. Rock On!!! Oh and you might want to add the part switch screen for those that wont everything to be like FF3a.

Yes, I might add some extra features and if you have any more suggestions, feel free to share them!

Another update!
I'm working on the sideview battle system.
  • 1/4 of the battle commands are done,
  • 3/4 of the attack types(normal,preemptive,pincer,back and side attack) are done
  • 3/4 of the windows are done
  • 0% of the algorithm is done :p

For the database things related to battles:
  • 32/358 enemies are 100% done
  • 1/2 of items, weapons and armors are done (relics are done but aren't working like ff6 right now)
  • 100% of the skills (including every enemy's special attacks) has been added but the major part of them isn't working for now.

I might add some screenshots of it in the next hours. ;)

This is really awesome. I might even give this a shot. FFVI is deffinatly my favorite RPG/Final Fantasy ever. So yeah, I will try this. Good luck with the battle system.

Yes, i got it. Thank you ;)

More update on the battle system!

• I'm trying to implent the ATB (currently searching for an easyest way to make ATB's:-/ )
  • Each attack types are working(Sometime enemies' facing and characters animation are a lil' bit buggy(Still working on it.)
  • The dammage algorithm has been implented
  • Random encounters works like a charm

I still have to work on some windows. I also have to finish the battle commands(It'll surely take a few hours). I will probably add some screenshots of it tomorow morning. (what? already 1:00 AM here! Hehe, yeah, sleeping isn't a must right now :P)

Just wondering, in the battle system are you going to have the characters special skills, like Steal or Blitz, or are you going to have it were people can assign the skills in the positions like you can do with Gogo?

Celes_cole;115738 said:
Do you mean FFVIa?

If you were talking to me, no I meant exactly what I said. Because this script is mimicking stuff from the original FF3 (American Released Version) not Final Fantasy 6 (American Released Version). If you would have said FF6j then you would have been correct. Sorry if I confused you or you still don't understand what I meant by FF3a. Oh and sorry for unneeded Rambling.

Oh you ment FF3US. Sorry heh... I never played the FF3 in the US before.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the battle system. I haven't seen any Final Fantasy like battle systems around.

dog199200;116124":2ww71u1n said:
Just wondering, in the battle system are you going to have the characters special skills, like Steal or Blitz, or are you going to have it were people can assign the skills in the positions like you can do with Gogo?

Well, in the script editor, you'll be able to chose which command will be in which position. But in game, actually, you won't be able to change it unless you modify the code or using a script call.

But, this may be a nice extra feature to add!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.