Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

E3 2013!

I doubt I'll end up getting an Xbox... I do want a PS4 and a Wii U though.
PS4 just won my heart... And as a Nintendo fan I am bound by a contract of the dark ones to buy as many of their products as I can.

I hope we get more things on KH3 cause to be honest that trailer was absolute shite.
Although first I need to complete one and get two...

Mega Flare

Awesome Bro

Spooky":103clzss said:
also:

here. now maybe some peeps will shut the fuck up.

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.
Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.
In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.
the damage is already done.... even without all those limtiations its still a weaker product for 100bucks more...

Jason

Awesome Bro

Well the way I look at it... UK prices:

PS4: £349
XBO: £429

That's an £80 difference

I pay for Plus anyway, so I get Drive Club for free.

£80 will get me two games.

For the same price I get three extra games.

Yeah.

Jason

Awesome Bro

C-0719":xvzg3baq said:
im still gonna get the full version of drive club... the ps+ version has less content :(

Yeah, but how much less content... and maybe they'll add the rest to the store anyway.

moog":xvzg3baq said:
Now if they do reverse compatibility and drop their price they could potentially rape Sony.

Yeah... could, but most likely won't.

moog":3910tx6e said:
Now if they do reverse compatibility and drop their price they could potentially rape Sony.
Impossible, both machines run x86 cores so that means backwards compatibility can only be done with good hardware which will drive up the cost of the machines, you forget that the first xbox was quite a weak machines so emulating it's x86 processor on the 360's PPC unit was far easier as the 360 is many times more powerful.
Even the PS3 shipped with the PS2's weak and pitiful emotion CPU welded onto it, attaching it's SPU units along side the already powerful x86 core would be incredibly expensive.

There is literally no point to get an Xbone for me, even if they drop the price and remove Kinect necessity on top of their DRM reversal. Why? A lot of their console exclusives are coming to PC... albeit my laptop wouldn't be able to run them as well as the Xbone... but there's many gamers like me, and Microsoft has already burnt their bridges...

Xhukari":3f64qx20 said:
There is literally no point to get an Xbone for me, even if they drop the price and remove Kinect necessity on top of their DRM reversal. Why? A lot of their console exclusives are coming to PC... albeit my laptop wouldn't be able to run them as well as the Xbone... but there's many gamers like me, and Microsoft has already burnt their bridges...
Gaming on a laptop is never a good idea

moog

Sponsor

Hm didn't k ow that xilef, that sucks. You know I just always assumed it would be easier and cost less for reverse compatability because that technology was inferior, but I guess not :(

Xilef":1y5mefes said:
Gaming on a laptop is never a good idea

Oh I know, I wasn't insinuating others were using their laptops for it. Just that they had capable machines. I use my laptop for gaming because 1; it can play most games to atleast some standard. (2.9 GHz I7, 6gb PC RAM). And I do this because I can't be bothered with setting up my gaming rig for only 3 months (I live it at home when I'm at Uni...)

Xhukari":3941rdqt said:
Oh I know, I wasn't insinuating others were using their laptops for it. Just that they had capable machines. I use my laptop for gaming because 1; it can play most games to atleast some standard. (2.9 GHz I7, 6gb PC RAM). And I do this because I can't be bothered with setting up my gaming rig for only 3 months (I live it at home when I'm at Uni...)
See, your CPU and memory makes your laptop 12x more powerful than a 369 but with no dedicated GPU and the fact that laptops are underpowered to keep them portable just makes it a bad idea every time.

My PC has handles, that's all the portability I need!

Xilef":ylmt9un4 said:
Xhukari":ylmt9un4 said:
See, your CPU and memory makes your laptop 12x more powerful than a 369 but with no dedicated GPU and the fact that laptops are underpowered to keep them portable just makes it a bad idea every time.

My PC has handles, that's all the portability I need!

I see people bring entire towers and monitors for our league of legends club.

For me, portability is great, but I guess I'll consider doing a desktop + cheap portable something my next generation. I guess in two or three years we;ll see.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.