Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dreams

I totally dreamt of that red-headed beauty last night again. I was in and out of a consciousness, but she stood over me, watching me. She had a sweet smile and a bubbly giggle. I couldn't touch her, though, but I knew she longed for me.

So weird!

DJ

Some guy that did RMXP before

Damn... I've been having sleeping problems , and literally i had no dreams recently. I'm like "pass out" instead of "sound sleep" ... But i think i once had a dream of being a furry recently XD

I can't remember my dreams recently. But waking up has been pretty pleasant lately. Like I just open my eyes and sit up ready to do something. In contrast to tossing and turning for about an hour before finally getting out of bed with squinting eyes. Heartburn. or the need to pee.

Sauk

Sponsor

coyotecraft":1h247fgc said:
I can't remember my dreams recently. But waking up has been pretty pleasant lately. Like I just open my eyes and sit up ready to do something. In contrast to tossing and turning for about an hour before finally getting out of bed with squinting eyes. Heartburn. or the need to pee.

story of Daxis' life.

I haven't really been remembering my dreams lately.. the last one I really remember was me going into the fridge and seeing hawaiian punch, freaking out, and just as I was about to take a big ol' gulp my dad woke me up. That's about it.

DJ

Some guy that did RMXP before

I think i once had nice dream about having a beefy PC,
because my real life laptop is just slow and laggy for no reason after about 1 year. So laggy that sometimes i can't even play facebook app games or view a youtube video.
I wanna fucking smash it into pieces honestly, but i don't have money right now & i have to go to army next year. So i have to stick with this laptop for another half an year. -_-

Caught myself sleep walking. I was standing on a chair gazing into the corner. It looked something like this only I wasn't using my hands.
sleepwalking_zps4b32182c.png

I think I was idly aligning the corner in my center of vision. In the same way I might fiddle with a pencil or tear paper in a pattern when I'm deep in thought. It wasn't like I woke up wondering how I got there. I just realized what I was doing.

I remember my sister would sleep walk and move to the corner of the room when we were little. Or stand between the closet door and the wall. What's up with that? Some sort of instinctive spacial coordination or organization. Move to the edges. Fill gaps. Moving furniture around seems to be a notable thing people do when they sleepwalk. Other activities I can see being done out of habit.

Spoo

Sponsor

The most recent dreams have all involved my getting someone close to me killed. A long-haired redheaded guy I don't know appears in my parents' greenhouse in their back yard and starts messing with some stuff (experimenting with mutation or something?). My dad and brother and myself eventually go out there to confront him. We get there, and the guy is deceptively friendly; I'm the only one who knows he's faking, apparently, and I don't say anything for some reason. Instead, I just back up out the door and run away. I can see my dad and brother get stabbed to death before I turn around. For some reason, I can suddenly super-jump, and I use this ability to escape.

At this point, I actually felt the crushing guilt of my family's deaths. I knew I could have warned them, and it feels like I could have stopped the redheaded man, too. I knew I had to go kill the guy and avenge my dad and brother, but I was still horrified. So I went to commune with spirits (don't know where that came from either). Basically, the spirits appeared in woods near my home. They took the form of some kind of spectral hawk/owl hybrid. They said something incomprehensible to me, but it gave me resolve.

Following that visit, I tracked down the redheaded man and attacked him. He managed to stab me in the lower abdomen, but I dodged his killing blow and disarmed him. We ended up fist fighting violently in the dirt until I finally elbowed him in the neck and crushed his windpipe. While he was down I found one of the swords/knives one of us had and took off the guy's head.

That was an unusually violent dream for me. I'm no stranger to painful or creepy experiences in dreams, but there is rarely gore or even blood, even when someone does get stabbed or maimed or whatever.

First nightmare in a long time. I didn't have enough blankets on my bed so I was cold. I always have bad dreams when I'm cold.
Too many details to remember. But the scary part was exploring a crawlspace full of animal carcasses.

edit: Had a lingering bad vibe all day. I passed way too much roadkill driving today.

Spoo

Sponsor

Man I'm the opposite. When I'm cold I tend to sleep super peacefully and dream of nature and family. Never really figured out why that is.

Not that warmth gives me bad dreams. Too many blankets on my chest or any other kind of weight seems to cause unpleasant and weird dreams. Years ago before I figured out my own sleeping quirks I slept with like three layers of blankets. Had a dream in which I was executed by Uther Lightbringer from Warcraft.

Spoo

Sponsor

In this most recent dream, my friends and I were hanging out at a renaissance fair. Just chillin' on some footbridge somewhere. Suddenly a terrifying combination of Moog and UWE sprints past, punches one of my buddies in the face without stopping, and yells back "Later, bitches." Then zombies appeared and I killed a few with a pickaxe.

i don't know either.

lolwut?

My last dream last night was that I loaded up an old save of some kind of game set in the town where I grew up. The point of the game was to find certain rare resources and return home with them. The resources were hidden and trapped with like Minecraft lava. I lost.

Spoo

Sponsor

The recent recurring themes in my dreams are low visibility (like fog only totally black), driving, and cliffs. Every damn time. I'm always driving through the fog, I always end up hitting something (it's been a concrete barrier several times), and I always end up getting launched off a cliff as a result.

One exception, though, was a dream in which I witnessed a head-on collision rather than be in one. Pretty brief, that one. The wreck just happened in front of me on my home street. I got out of my car, ran to help and the dream ended.

The fears are nothing new; I've had a fear of falling (not heights, oddly enough) for forever, and low visibility driving has spooked me for years. I just don't get why it's suddenly a recurring theme.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.