Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dreams

I've noticed I have stress dreams when I'm feeling hot. And scary dreams when I'm cold.
By stress dream I mean, it's a ridiculous series of bad events. Like, I got off at the wrong stop, and I have a lot of luggage, and it's night, and there's a bear...

Last night I dreamed my aunt bought me a house; a shack really. I couldn't say no. It was almost cartoony the way it was built. Like the foundation was crumbling away and was teetering on a stack of bricks. I was thinking to myself "I'll need to fix this. And that. And that. and that. And there are no stairs!? I had to climb up some loose iron rungs to get to the bedroom. Which is slanted. I'm thinking I can bring up a sleeping bag, and pray I don't roll through the wall or fall through the floor while I sleep. The cherry on top was that it was haunted. The previous owners were murdered and their ghosts were angry at me for some reason.

I think the A/C in my room kicked on at that point. So I was sweating under the sheets and freezing outside them. And that translated to a weird tone shift in my dream.

Sometimes I wake up with a new insight or understanding. And sometimes I wake up babbling like an idiot.

I had a dream a succubus said "Distance is a prayer of time". It seemed really important at the time but I can't make sense of it now.
I went back to sleep. And a woke up like "Oh. Someone becomes a werewolf by moonlighting other jobs." and that does add up. Figuratively speaking.

I had a really trippy dream. But the details are fading fast.
I was on a bus. Maybe with my cousins or maybe it was a field trip? Idk where we were at but there was a lot of security. I had this sense that we had just comeback from the underworld, or something akin to the Farplane in FFX. I vaguely remember something unnatural about the environment but I can't put it into words.
And then there were Archons, like giant caretakers of humanity. But they were composed of humanity itself, meaning they weren't caring for anyone in particular, just their collective identity. They had enough presence to be selective of who could and couldn't be a part of them. Which is weird to say. You've probably seen character designs of spectral human silhouettes filled with stars and cosmic clouds. They were like that only replace the starscape with a city scape. They were made of architecture, homes, and lighted windows.
The strangest part of my dreams is a sense of knowingness. I just get what's happening around me.
So anyways, the Archons were getting cocky. Like "We are forever" "You are replaceable". So then some lady took a swing at them with, idk, a sword or a fiery blast. And the archons are on the ground with molten holes like "What have you done to us?" and the implication that she just killed a bunch of innocent lives. But nobody wants to be a part of something that uses innocent lives as a shield so the archons weren't regenerating. Who sacrificed who?
So everyone was cheering cause they were happy someone knock the archons down. Then the woman turned to them like "It's over, WE can rest easy now." Then she pulled out her nipple. But it wasn't a nipple it was an apartment window and the light came on." Like, she became an archon herself and was now inviting people to join her.
And I was like "NOPE" and walked down a hallway with a bunch of other uncomfortable people exiting a movie theater into the parking lot.

weirdest dream ever.

Last edited:
Parts and pieces of a dream off the top of my head:
some guy in the college put on three jet packs (looking ike a totem pole) assurance décès and then shot out, going past me and out the window, but couldn't curve up fast enough and rammed his head into a window/building/wall. He was then made retarded and someone had to take care of him for the rest of his life. The last half occurred as I realized I was dreaming and was waking up.
Funny dream, but maybe it will happen for real. Who knows !

The dream started off kind of lonely/boring. I was walking around inside some kind of bar / motorcycle garage place attached to a fire department. I got in trouble for wandering around.
Eventually this comedian/actress shows up (I don't know her name) and she's returning the results of a driver exam. She said we all did really well but some of us - looking at me - should saddle our unicorns? Return the papers to a first group of people and waited for them to leave. Then gave out the rest of us. I was think the rest of us failed or did poorly or something. My paper was covered in red marks and commentary. I don't even know what I wrote or what the questions were. All I remember reading was something about space pods. So I figured my answers were too far-out or nonsensical. It's amazing I was able to read anything at all - being in a dream. I've hear that that part of your brain is usually off while you sleep which is why it's difficult.
So out of a possible 150 points, I scored 165. So not only did the second group pass, but I was the top of the class; whatever that was.
It was a pretty surprising shift. Then everyone gathered around me and started handing me appreciation notes made out of scrap paper and torn off pieces of cardboard. Something about butt burners.
I have no idea what was happening. But I started to blush because of all the attention.

And then my cat jumped on my face and woke me up because it wanted food.

It was only after I woke up and processed it that I concluded it wasn't a "drivers" class. But maybe somekind of motivational speaker group and we earned the right to encourage people and instill a "drive" to do things.

I dreamt we were going into lockdown again but the government were being cheeky and hiding that fact by calling it something else like a strawberry daiquiri.

Spoo

Sponsor

It started out with me playing PUBG with some friends. I don't know specifically who they were, only that there was a British guy I called Twig. There were three of us and we had just won a firefight. Our health was low and the late game circle was closing in. We had to make a convoluted path inside because we were blocked by some weird cliff/rock formation. The circle overtook us and we took heavy damage, but I was able to heal and survive by the skin of my teeth. Twig moved a ways off to the right, but he also lived. The other squadmate died. As I was nearly in the clear, two guys on a motorbike drove up to the edge of the circle and started popping shots. i unholstered a glock and beautifully one-tapped the passenger. Twig killed the driver from some distance away. I am almost in the zone now; Twig is driving another bike from offscreen to come rescue me just in case. Health is low, but not critical. I jump for the last stretch. i collide with the side of Twig's barely moving vehicle and am killed. I let out a shout of frustration, "TWIGGY?! WHY?!"

The scene shifts. I am lying down in the back seat of an old van that used to belong to my grandparents. The doors are open and my mother is in the front seat -- we are parked a couple hundred feet from my grandpa's hay barn. Ostensibly, we are cleaning the vehicle out before taking it to go on a family vacation. My headset is still on my head and I am still talking to Twig and the other guys that don't matter apparently. Despite our harrowing loss previously, he wants to queue again. Unimportant guy says he has to dip and Twig suggests duo queue instead. I answer in the affirmative whilst I go about picking up several magazines -- some of them college newsletters, others generic digests, etc -- from the rear floorboards. I tell him to let me finish up on this task and I'll be back on soon. I disconnect. Taking the headset off and picking up the magazines in a tidy stack, I notice movement in the woods a short distance away. I can see a large rat scurrying out of the thicket into the clearing. Moving slightly to get a better view, I also see a number of chickens pecking at something behind a tree. The object is obscured to me, but I am fairly certain it is a corpse. The air grows cold, the world silent. I turn to the right, toward the barn. A kid is there, maybe nine or ten years old? My younger brother? He's just standing there glaring at my mother and me. Old words go through my head like a flashback in a movie. I hear an upbeat woman: "Mmh naw! If that were my baby I'd take him right to the nearest church! Buuuurn that evil right outta him."
Something is coming. I scoop my little brother up and seat him in the passenger seat of the van. He's thrashing now, clearly upset; I'm having to awkwardly kind of hold him on my lap to keep him from escaping. My mom floors it.

The scene shifts again. We're driving along a coastal road. A small chapel rests on a scenic overlook a few hundred yards away. My brother is still thrashing, growing increasingly more desperate to escape what is to come. I hold tight. Mom forgoes the road and takes us right towards the side of the chapel. We crash violently through the wall. As soon as we cross the threshold, my brother bursts into flames in my lap. I don't feel anything, so I hold onto him even tighter. The vehicle is still rolling rapidly towards the opposite wall of the chapel, so my mother slams into reverse. The motion jars me and I lose hold of the kid, who violently jumps out of the vehicle, a task made easier by the fact that the passenger door is now gone. I leap out after him. He is now standing in the middle of the chapel, still on fire. He is now flanked by two similarly burning figures with empty eyes given life only by the flame that spouts from their skin. The two figures caress his cheek before looking up at me with clear disdain. I sprint towards them and tackle one of them. Hundreds of ghouls pour into the chapel, all of them burning now. A battle ensues. Somewhere along the way my perspective changes. I'm no longer involved here; I'm just an onlooker. My mom and younger brother are nowhere to be seen, and now the only remaining people in the chapel are two young adults and the many ghouls the continue to fight. The pair come to some sort of realization. They stop fighting the ghouls and instead take each other's hands and bow their heads. They begin to pray. What was a battle scene a moment ago becomes what is supposed to be an uplifting moment. The criminally cheesy kind you see in bad christian movies a la Dark Dungeons. The ghouls disappear and the pair hug each other, having won the day.

I am standing on a beach with my mother. "Well that movie kind of sucked." I say to her. I enjoyed it, though. In a "so-bad-it's-good" kind of way. She turns to me, clearly irritated by my mockery of ham-fisted religious moments like those.
"The Marine isn't going to like you saying that." She warns me. The Marine is some new congregation or another. They sponsored the making of the film we are discussing. I don't have strong feelings about them one way or another. Mom gives a scoff and walks off and I take stock of my surroundings. We're on vacation. Some quaint town in Florida. There's fog rolling in from the ocean but I can still clearly see all of the vacation homes across the gulf. In the same glance, of course, I can see the massive Skyline tower in the distance, impossibly large, glowing with neon and, apparently, in the middle of the ocean. If I listen closely I can hear the tower's PA system blast announcements about upcoming shows to be held there. Not that I have any plans to see them. I decide to head back to our domicile and catch up with my father. It's a bit of a run, but nothing too much.

By the time I reach the base of the hill on which all of the homes are built, I'm not sure of the time. It's plenty bright enough to see, but the sun is completely hidden; everything has a flat appearance and it's kind of eerie. I was getting tired so I contemplate taking off my shirt, but I think better of it -- I'm almost there, after all. Indeed, in a few more short steps I arrive in front of the garage of our vacation home, conveniently built in the middle of the street. My father has strapped a ladder and some construction materials onto the back of his truck. They're far too long, and I can see as he tries to pull his vehicle into the garage that he'll never have enough space. A good five feet of ladder protrudes out the garage door, which obviously refuses to close properly. The door begins to close ever so slightly before resetting to its original open position over and over again, having sensed the obstruction. Dad hops out of the truck and sees me. "Hey Tyler," he says, finally noticing that I've been watching this embarrassing display. Go around to the other side and turn off the clock so that this thing will close properly. That's weird, I think. Why would turning off a clock--

I wake up.

Had a lot of weird imagery but nothing that could be put into a narrative. Like i had a laptop with a screen behind the screen and i was fliping between them like pages in a calendar.

Then there were people i thought looked familiar. And i was like, oh, they're human versions of the zombie monsters of level one. This must be some Halloween town special event were spooky and normal are reversed.
So then some princess character was this giantess demon lilith hungry for souls and consuming everything. Like, it's the end of the world because If good guys were bad, they'd be successful at whatever they do.

So I was in somekind of public shower. I look over to the stall next to mine. There was Squidward from Spongebob Square Pants, and I asked "Is the steam too hot for you?" "No."
So then I go over to the other stall and ask the same thing. Idk who it was. But they're like, "I think it can be hotter".
And I should stop there before I say too much.

They replaced my tram with a 1950s Priscilla style bus, but really wide with plush white leather seats. The view out of the window was amazing and we were sat in the back seat in a row of five. Every time the tram left a station we learnt forwards together in a Life Aquatic style artistic manner. It was basically Wes Anderson on rails.

Lately I've been pet sitting and getting up extra early to feed animals befor going back to sleep for few more hours.

My dreams have been pretty vivid and strange.

Sometimes theres interesting imagery that has nothing to do with the narrative. Like I'm watching a time lapse of a landscape change while my parents talk about nothing. It sounds suggestive now that im awake.

I had a dream people were getting turned into cybermen. It kind of turned into a commercial "be a better you" and "you don't know what you are missing"
I was the subject of the ad. The narrator said I was missing a vertebra in my neck. Making me shorter than i "should" be. And unable to scratch my shoulder with my chin. That was the commercial. Some big chin super models version of me, rubbing his face on his shoulder. "As nature intended"
First world problems meet virtual world problems. Lol.

I had a horrible nightmare that a girl I like was running to get into a lift with me but the lift broke and the doors stayed open as the floor moved and she India Jonesed under the door and got stuck and the door CUT HER FACE OFF AND THE FACE FELL INTO THE LIFT WITH ME AND THE LIFT GOT STUCK AND EVERY TIME I WOKE UP AND WENT BACK TO ALEEP I WAS ONCE AGAIN STUCK IN THE LIFT please help

I had a horrible nightmare that a girl I like was running to get into a lift with me but the lift broke and the doors stayed open as the floor moved and she India Jonesed under the door and got stuck and the door CUT HER FACE OFF AND THE FACE FELL INTO THE LIFT WITH ME AND THE LIFT GOT STUCK AND EVERY TIME I WOKE UP AND WENT BACK TO ALEEP I WAS ONCE AGAIN STUCK IN THE LIFT please help
Oh hellll naw. You gotta lucid dream that! Ellie to the rescue, saving the day!

I had a stress dream that was probably because I was too hot sleeping in a jacket.
So I was going for a run. Some part of me was aware I was dreaming because there was a voice in my head saying this was dumb. "wake up and go outside for real."
But I was like, no, I'm doing this. Mental discipline powers activate.

So being a stress dream. It was doing everything to make me uncomfortable.
Embarrassing short shorts. I'm not wearing underwear for some reason. There's people all around watching me. There's people working on powerlines and I'm in danger of being electrocuted. Eventually it got to the point where I was trying to run but I wasn't going anywhere.
It was like the dream was against me. But I was determined to keep moving my limbs anyway without the scenery. And then I woke up.
There was this mocking sentiment like "Go on. Keep moving." and I laughed to myself how evil and unfair that was.

So I was only dreaming about being determined, and the dream self-destructed just to prove "you're not"

I had a dream I was riding in a truck with my dad at some job site. I mean, I think it was a job site. Or maybe a 3rd World country. It was unsettling. It was crowded and unsafe. There were people following us with hopeful wide eyes. And I'm like, "What do they want from us?"
Then we get inside another building that was like a bank / laundry mat? It was all steel mesh catwalks.
Then some lady threw me a white bag full of something at me while I was walking up the stairs. Saying "Give that to Catty", then walked away.
And I'm just like who? what? where? when? why? me?
Turns out Catty wasn't even the person's name.
So I was even more frustrated, thinking there's something very wrong with these people. They just delegate work to strangers and have no communication skills.

I had one of those liminal space dreams. Hallways with weird bends. A basement or lower floor. You had to duck and weave around PVC pipes. They were barely set in place. I'd bump into one and it would fall out. There'd be some kind of nasty water seeping out. It wasn't healthy to be there. Some condensation dripped from the ceiling into my mouth, and I was like, "Should I be worried?" Further in, the dream kind of changed to an inlet mall, or maybe it was just some used video game store. But of course there's all the water damage. I think I was investigating the place with my family and cousins. I just remember my aunt handing me this...thing...a game...maybe and old SNES cartridge. The only one in the store. There was a sense of disappointment. Like maybe it wouldn't work, or it was the game they were looking for but on the wrong system. I think they were depending on me to assess it or make it work. Idk. We where ready to get out of there, but I was looking around the store at all this untouched stuff thinking it was a waste to leave it there. I didn't want any of it. It was just a waste, you know? So I grabbed something off the shelf, some trading card set that was a mix between Magic the Gathering and Yu-gi-oh. Which is kind of funny, like the store was full of Chinese counterfeits. Is it stealing or salvaging? Idk.
I didn't have time to inspect what I picked up. I was thinking "grab something and go". I guess because the place was flooding. Thinking about it now, it was like picking up a video game from a bargain bin. It was a gamble if the game would be any good at all. All I know is that it's something I didn't have before, and I was hopeful that it would be enriching somehow.
As I was waking up, the realization that I was dreaming hit me while someone was talking. I was like "Sorry, I'm about to forget all of this."
I tried to hang on to the last 3 words I heard. And I said them out loud once I woke up.
"Perished Unsouled Merchandise". Gibberish. I repeated it a few times. Unsouled. Was kind of an adjective is that? What does it mean?
But as I'm typing this now "perished unsold merchandise" makes a lot more sense given the context.

edit: idk. An "unsouled" video game sounds pretty exotic. Like something out of a creepypasta.
327.jpg

Last edited:
This was a weird one.
I was in a storm with some other people. Seeking shelter. We broke into a building through a window. I think it was a school/library/or mall.
So there was this continuous sentiment that "weren't suppose to be in there" because we could break, steal, change stuff.
But also the sentiment of "doing what we could". So it was a meeting ground of people with abilities. People who "could", in a nebulous sense.
There weren't really names for what people could do. And the people themselves weren't giving out their names.
Someone was trying to pass a paper around to sign-in but everyone's signature was like "Hell no" "Nope" "Are you kidding me?" "John Hancock" "Jane Doe".

There was a guy with a face or mask that kept changing. He talked in gibberish. People brought him to me because they thought I was unique in understanding him, or was immune to his power. I guess what I was hearing wasn't what everyone else heard. I was to interpret. Or just be around him and not die. It was a quirky power, like some kind of random pattern generator. But it was dangerous because he might manifest some raw, primordial, word of god that would make heads explode. Expose some secret of reality.

So then he pulled my face close to his and whispered something. I didn't really hear what he said. I just felt his breath on my face. A sensation in my nose, almost like a sneeze. And I woke up.
I tried going back to sleep. I felt like I just lost the game. I wanted to be like "I'm fine! He can disrupt reality but it's just a dream to me. This is nothing. Didn't hurt. "

I just stayed in bed wondering what he was. Chaos? Unconsciousness? Maybe some bodily sensation that was manifesting in my dream. My stomach?
I had the thought he needed me to impose some kind of control over his randomness. Like maybe he was hurt or sick. But without a mouth he couldn't scream or expel whatever was inside him.
Paired with the sentiment of being in a place we shouldn't be in. I told myself it would be fine if we put everything back the way we found it. But this guy, idk what he did. Like he ate the forbidden fruit, and they expected me to reach into the source code of the universe and pull it out of him or something.

Last edited:
Lol. Rereading this. It sounds almost intimate. It wasn't. It's hard to express all the nuances of tone or atmosphere of a dream. And maybe my word choice is screwy in the morning. If I didn't write it down a.s.a.p. I'd have forgotten it.

Idk if you can imagine people as something other than people.
I'm not remembering the dream as a social encounter. It was representational, I guess? I'd break it down into archtypes, if only there were meaningful names to put it to.

I felt like I was on the verge of understanding the logic behind delirium. Like how the oracles of Delphi rattle off nonsense in a trance. They had interpretors pieces together meaning.
I like to think they had a system or understanding beyond complete b.s.

Had insomnia and a light fever.
When I finally passed out I was having visions of blood and gore. Gushing everywhere. Like the elevator from The Shining. And I was just like
"meh, probably nothing"

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.