Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Diablo Starter kit (Isometric enviroment coming soon!)(Minor

• Yes

Votes: 81 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 24.3%

• Total voters
arevulopapo":363aqhzv said:
Hey sprugles555, I don't mind using my script for starter kits, but I'll have to ask you to remove the "IGS 2007-2010 all right reserved" splash screen. Aside that, you can't really make anything that's even a bit diablo-like with keyboard controls and 32x32 tile movement. If you want to make it good, take a look at f0tz's "pixelmovement" and "mouse - event interaction" by Anaryu. Combining these two will get you some decent results. It won't be easy but still possible, since I used such a combination in one of my game's demos.
That's a brilliant idea. i've started making original icons of the weapons. I'll add those too scripts to it :). But what should it be called, not a starter kit, but something else?

I Can't Find "mouse - event interaction" by Anaryu

Jking

its currently a script pack but your working making a starter kit you just need to get a diablo shop and bank script or write your own

I
Jking":3ucrh1d6 said:
its currently a script pack but your working making a starter kit you just need to get a diablo shop and bank script or write your own
have a bank script, but I would like the best RGSS Tutorial with examples and the whole syntax included. Could anyone post a link with the best tut? It's just I'd like to start scripting, then I could make a very dynamic starter kit with many features included!

Jking

what most people say is just look over the scripts that our out there for what you want. take the one you have in that tutorial look over the script find out what makes it tick. then look over the window one and thats what it looks like basically you could probably use the same window script as the other diablo one. then look over the other diablo one you making, and edit it as you need and if you are still confused and need help try to get some in the support forum.

Thnx, I'll ask for a bit more help on the support forum. But I understand, I should remodle the inventory script to work as a shop script! So It'll have the grid but you can buy the items on the grid :). I'm going to look into this alot more.

I'm getting somewhere, I've kept the grid but chnaged the choices, buy and sell haven't been changed so only use and move the items like an inventory, but the third option is cancel, and it exits ike the sjop window! :)

BUT I'D STILL LIKE A GOOD TUT!

Jking":2kd7cxj3 said:
im not sure you could find a tutorial for this specifically but im sure you could find somthin similar
All I want is a tutorial that includes everything about rgss, like variables, local and global, reserved words, and the syntax, Like tut which shows you how to make a picture appear and how to make a grid. I've learnt commad windows (they are pretty easy) And its easy to edit scripts, just not make your own!
hmm... i'd like to know how to make a grid?

Jking

i could look for you i don't think there is one with all of that in it but ill check if i don't find anything ill look for multiple ones

sprugles555":13ar20xt said:
I've addded the item pop out system to chests, so when you open the chest, the items jumps out onto the floor!

yeah that could be easily done with an event system. a friend of mine made a barrel event system similar to that.

I'd just like to know, which scripting language is cleaner, easier and Better! RGSS or RGSS2? If RGSS I will continue this on RMXP, but if RGSS2 then I may convert this project to RMVX

EDIT: There are a few problems with DruidSkills syste at the moment!

Uploading V1.1! Links to music files will be added soon. There is still a problem with the druidskills system and the necromancerskills system too. I'm no good with scripting, so most of my systems will be evented. New Icons and map legends included. New windowskins, Classes, A few weapons, A few armours and a few items added. Started writing an instruction manual for allsystems by me, and others.

The twilight heroes HUD is the default Mr Mo HUD!
There are some Different Huds for Mr Mo's SBABS on the his ABS/ABSIMS thread!

I've finished uploading!

I'm very sorry about the encrypted file on V1.0! V1.1 is accessible. it was my mistake!

If you want to use the pack, Download V1.1 as V1.0 was accidently encrypted!

Scripts have been cleared up!

Anti-Lag script improved, but still a bit of lag when lots of events on a Map!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.