Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The sketch thread!

Why must I be so indecisive? AHHHHHHHH
Colors?
0gphdrxahth87ce6g.jpg

Is the Mankini tacky?
0e712lxn8iwwpv66g.jpg

More fur?
4nydeyleteyld4z6g.jpg

More cover?
wxl6728uoojfvkp6g.jpg

Personally I like this one the most.
Ns2HsVj.png

As for the 'are blue robed fellas too many in my cosmos'? The answer: nah! There's Naxon, Asarath and Spooky, that's literally it. The only one remotely close to the Perseverance era's relevance is Naxon himself.

Also i did some more art, tried out an experimental coloring style, and after all is said and done I'm actually fairly pleased with it.

Endlessly Livid Power
bqAI7B5.png

In Fantasia there are certain people you will fight who possess no DENUI, Nola Worthington, Limbo Bingo and Mira Crowspeaker are among these- as is Mad E. Lin, given the gift of Yi's trust alike her mother who to the day wears no name. Mad usually uses the needs of others to get exercise, to stop herself from getting FAT as she so eloquently puts it. This behaviour is shown well in Intelligence, and it will continue in Fantasia. Due to her crazy power, Mad E. Lin alike Mira will not be until Disk 3.

I did the same just today. Didn't feel arty but I pushed on with it anyway.
8dI51dK.png

it's only a sketch but it is actually really cute.

In the prior week I also got some more art done.

Luminescent Fantasy Seal!!
E5h5Tik.png

Lumi Fuzz with some inspiration to do a Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project) Fantasy Seal.

Skipping along Knife's Edge ~Anathema
pyXDng7.png

The Soulcatcher Anathema finally got a proper render.

Approaching an Eve of Futility
nhIqfNp.png

Esperia Frostwhisper in her element. With meteors of heaven bleeding through the calamitous sky.

Septette for the Cosmic Superpower
j8DqX68.png

A fun little experiment and a very somber mugshot of Esperia. Had a lot of fun with this one.

Been a while, I've drawn quite a lot but I'll share just the colored digital drawings.

Xaramitsi
b64QpRu.png

X-Tiramisa, she's the manifestation of the Jade Tempest.

Here's her in a more visible format.
2sWVDcR.png

She's a wolfy (wolf girl) for some reason.

Xali ~Letter of Endings
1VcnRK3.png

More of this glorious creepo.

Here's a close up of her face.
fO0LuV9.png

And that's all!

Since I got a new laptop my folders have been a little unorganized. And sometime I find a sketch or something that got saved in a weird spot and forgotten about. Dug up these draw request I did last year. An Ice Pegasus OC. And a nerdy demoness (I pictured braces and rubik cube, I think they wanted something more like a succubus in glasses reading the Kama Sutra, but they never responded to my posts. Could have gone more Hellraiser with orthopedic headgear.)
mimbx8b0g7bdnvq6g.jpg

ioa782cjd90njag6g.jpg

Good stuff Coyote. Welp i didn't do any art for awhile since i got super busy with not only game dev but an art contest as well. I was nominated a finalist for the 2019 National Biennial Outsider Art awards. Of 173 submissions, i was one of the finalists they chose, and that is an honor, this is no small badge of artistry, either. So yeah all of Friday and Saturday were spent being around for that, marketing myself as both an artist and game dev, showing around my portfolio and giving out my biz-ness cards.I got rid of about 24. It's good i still have some for future occasions. My entry that was chosen to be a finalist was this art I did not so long ago. Serenade of the Snow-speckled Soviet.

Anyway, after a good two days of recovering from all that hecticness, I have now gotten back into art.

Eldritch Mortician ~Horrors from beyond the veil
mzuQvI8.png

Another dangerous character whose name starts with an 'X'.

For a bit of background, I've now gotten a thirst for contests, so I've entered a nautical themed one which has come up. Instead of doing like i did last contest and just submitting an old piece, I decided to start one anew. i knew i wanted to do pirates-- and so~

Highwaymen of Space ~Endless Starlit Sea of Plunder and Wonder
rYUlXb9.png

It came out wonderfully, still some little details I want to add, like the Crow's nest, a starboard anchor and some small fixes to the anatomy of the Space Monkey Pirates themselves. Unlike Xaela who is brand new, these characters have been established in my game universe since Menagerie: Remastered.

UNNECESSARY EVIDENCE IN SPOIPERS!!

oxQvm1S.png
drXxQNb.png

4lI7xxB.png
ocnH0dj.png

Couple new pieces, been less productive on art than usual... but here it begins.

Torn-heart of Westerly Winds ~Blood is thicker than Love
v0eFWa7.png

One of many kitsune characters that you'll meet in Disk 3 (Demo 2) on Zen Aneia. Remira here is the commander of the Aneian Armies and serves as Akra Olna's right hand gal.

Grand Shadow Amalgam ~Unholy Infinity

Queen of Shadows in a hero mode pose. I finally learned how to do the thin lines! :D

You can see it in its original resolution by clicking anywhere on the image.

In spoilers is some micellaneous drawings that were doodled but never turned into full blown pieces.
Renae being pet.
inhg9OU.png

gE7LaOl.png

That's it I think...

Kinda upped my art game overall by learning how to thin lines. here is a testament to that effect.

Nikki's Moon~Magister's Sealed Power

Came out really well, click the image above for the full 2800x2800 resolution.

Nikki is actually one of my earlier OC's whomst I allowed to rot in irrelevance hell for near a decade before reworking her character and design in Terra: new Moon, knowing due to the generator's limits, that this was only for some ideas. Now she's this and I'm so very proud of her~!

Haven't sketched anything in forever. I was in a nice groove until GIMP just randomly changed my pen settings. Something about moving the mouse in and out of hoovering dialog boxes make it change tools. Or tool settings. And I have no idea where it's reading these other setting from. Sometimes I open GIMP and it's got my settings from last session, and other times it doesn't. I've tried clearing profiles and doing a fresh installs. But I can't figure it out.
Edit: doing a double take, I might have accidentally shrunk the entire image without noticing it.
ipjru8iaxivvb816g.jpg

37rr8ewxlbo3glm6g.jpg

Is that a coyote in organization xiii robes I see there?

I can also spot a Pep and a Sven. And the bat and the sensor too by the looks.

Been a good year for art, with the most dry period being in October, which was immensely busy.

Here's a year in review to start us off.
A Year in Review (2019)
ce0eQz0.png

Then! I've started work on an ambitious mega piece, which I've only done 60% of the base color and linework for, but it's a promising start for an epic project! Gonna take some time, though!

Wall of Chara

QP7O4Zt.jpg

LOnGbOi

Good news, I finished the linework and base color for the megapiece, 20% yesterday, 20% today, meaning it took five days.

2000x9999 pixels, containing 85 characters.

Here in spoilers, be the tall chav.

Wall of Chara

Click anywhere on the image for the original full-size version.

Done a bunch more since that- kinda got side-tracked due to the magnamity of coloring, shading, highlighting and vfxing all of those.

So instead here is some art I did in prognostication, including two new OC's.
Ashe ~Judgement of those between the Walls
FNJ0MNP.png

She is a sort of warden of the mamix, and will only let people escape who show that they are not going to be a hazard to whatever reality they enter. She was kinda strong-armed into letting Zardari go, as Seradath threatened that the one who holds her leash would find reason to destroy her if she fails to do as necessary. Pouting, she let's them go and says she better not see them again.

After the mamix is destroyed her precise whereabouts are unknown, but given that she's the Enma: a God who judges those who may or may not enter into reality- it's unlikely she was destroyed.

Tatanya: Leprechaun's Plight
5gzB0b1.png

Tatanya can be found only at the end of a vivid rainbow. Once found, Tatanya will call her spotter/spotters her master, but they are in charge of her in no real way at all. She elects to grant her master one wish- so long as master knows what they clearly want.

For the most part, because mortals overthink and blow into extravagance the merit of a wish, they usually mess this part up- a fact Tatanya is counting on. Once she can see her master knows not at all what they truly want, she drains all of their bodies energy, to make another rainbow.

Unnerving Grace of the Star-spangled Sabot
Dknt5OB.png

It's me. I'm getting my name changed to Remilia soon (probably march) and so I've begun rebranding myself in anticipation from Bizarre Monkey to Remi-chan, places like here or kiwifarms won't be effected.

Drawing the dress patterns and stars on her cape was what took the longest by far. The hair in contrast was actually pretty quick despite the level of detail.

You learn bit by bit that I'm just a tad fucking INSANE.

Why? Well i mighta teased it earlier, a big wall of characters i infamously named the WALL OF CHARA and have slowly and silently been chipping away at, ten productive days and 20 not-remotely-productive-burnout days have brought us to this point.

The point where I can show you, the COMPLETE WALL OF CHARA! (in spoilers because holy hell it's tall.
eSW4gEp.jpg

coyotecraft":1i163jhw said:
Good I was waiting for some color references.
OWO is that so!? Hmhmhmhmhm~

Oh yeah thanks for posting now I can show the other stuff I got done during burnouts for that monster.

Amberina: Where Hellfire Treads
AJrWmq9.png

Nekomata with a fire-aspected elemental affinity and a very playful expression.

Patricia: She who brings Shadow
awr0BoB.png

A complicated pose that actually turned out okay...ish! Shadow-Element Nekomata.
Coyote is ahead of the curb, as he already knew about these.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.