Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The sketch thread!

inspiration and dark dervish plotting is my ace in the hole for character designs

also this...
rwBaXEX.png

this can maybe help??

Gotta say it's looking more vibrant, lel.

Also here's a drawing of Svana Mystralese- the mother of Svoli.
svana_in_worry_by_bizarresheep-dcslsk1.png

Her eye is yellow and empowered looking cause she like her daughter has an angel gene.

For those of you who remember seeing both Svoli and Tiramisa, this is like the in between. The maiden's code written on the sash is less complex and bigger in font, the dress has similarity to the designs of both characters, furthermore, while Tiramisa has properly established hair, Svoli has a thicker coat of fure in some areas of her head, this one has a sort of in-between.
Admittedly, it looks NOTHING like her ingame sprite- but that can always be altered.
5swaaSs.png

I have two new full color drawings so its thread-bumpy time!

"Even in their temples deep in heaven, Gods still tremble in fear!"
Af8i11i.png

"Take a good look at your brood, Ra. Before long they will all be dead- and all you will hear in the ungodly end is my psychotic giggling."

Mira in the final stage of Crowfeast, where she ascends to the Heavens of the Sun Dragons and massacres them while giggling like a creepy girl. She is too powerful now- the Sun God Ra, feels her malicious presence treading close, closer yet closer towards him. Nothing could stop her now. The Sundrakes she used to once get easily flattened by were now but flies before her. Even the legendary Sun Dragons fell without much resistance. A new era dawns for Planet Shale- an era of blood, and sunlit chaos.

My Supernova
3BGgmKZ.png

"The time has come for you to take the reins on your tale, you are the mistresses of your own destiny. None can control you... It is time to see if you are ready!"

A rather damning sounding name for a song that is mostly triumphant sounding, to wit- it's a heroic triumphant version of Kyoshi's theme "My Sunshine" which is used when the three girls fight him as he'd like to test their strength. This will be used as an album art for the said track.

I've recently got into a bit of an art high but had to wait for someone to respond before I went and triple-posted. xD

Final Fable
qCAL4QB.png

A quick (2 hours and 20 minutes) drawing of Yasondre the fable druid. Casting her dreaded Lifestrom ability.

Backed into the corner of the existential ~Leap!
HEBUWFE.png

Tristy's angelic self as attained in late Intelligence and she pulls it out again in Fantasia.

Xali the Spellblade
JfrbkrT.png

Just what i needed, more fucking original characters. :/

Oh well, I'm sure i can find a use for her at some point. Also I'm aware her left foot is off and needs more of a heel, noticed that too little too late. D:

Was feeling uncharacteristically festive so I drew this.

HAPPY NEW YEARS
PN4rRVw.png

From Pep and Nola.

ART CALENDAR 2018
eejIbVN.jpg

Then here's my year in review. Pretty solid artistic year, I may say!

My Sunshine~
0TbuKCv.png

"Forget not your real purpose, to protect life and the light which guides it. We must separate for now, else she find us both- I will never forget you... My Sunshine." ~Yasondre's parting words to Kyoshi.

This was an album art made for the new version of Kyoshi's theme.

Holy shit! Hello Sven! I'll have to show Xiie this, she will love it, much like I do!

Reminds me of a thing i usually do each game, in that I match major arcana to the characters. In fantasia this was painfully easy due to the fact there are 22 lead characters. PFC it turned out to be impossible, even including an established pairing as the lovers and three minor characters. However I did pay tribute to the tarot major arcana in Fantasia, but the list is outdated now, but in due course I'll make a more official listing. I've already assigned the new cast each a tarot, but that's yet to be put into action. Captain Nelson would make a good Hanged Man... due to the fact he gets erased. But it's more likely to be Limbo, due to the fact he's a skeleton who has been prosecuted in the past for deicide and treason.

Anyway, until then. Here's a picture i drew of Yi Hellrider, this will be used for her battle theme, named as such...

The End of All Things ~Perfect Nightmare

Full version is too big for this website, so feel free to click the image above to go straight to it.

I was going to hold off even longer but seeing how much art I'm accumulating I'd best get this going sooner rather than later.

The Ultimate Game

Showing Yi's complete dominion over Earth. This one was an immense amount of fun.

Omnipotent Quasiroyal

Tiramisa being dramatic and badass, as if there wasn't enough Tirachuuni to go around already, lel.

Svana Mystralese Concept
OKaJG5G.png

Svoli's mother, as Coyote would likely know, there's a scene late in Act 4 where you find out about Tiramisa's plan, in this flashback we see many new... sprites. One of these is Svana Mystralese. I built her using this sprite of her (made with mack-gen) as a reference.
WccJTMH.png

Vikki Worthington Concept
4l4GF3q.png

Much like Svana and more, she was one of the royalty shown in the flashback with Tiramisa, to be more specific, she's Nola's Grandmother. i based her off of this sprite.
uDgtO0w.png

Okay, that's all for now. I suppose i shouldn't seem so minimalist after doing essentially four pieces, but I've been enjoying art like crazy lately so it doesn't seem like a big deal.

I keep telling myself to draw but my mind is always on other things. I'm afraid to stop and do something else because I'm afraid I won't be able to start again.
I'm not going anywhere with all this snow and cold weather. SO there's no reason I can't work on that perseverance fan game. But I get distracted debating philosophies and reasons behind game creation. Like, I'm thinking more about the structure and forms and and deconstructing & identifying my own mental hangups and developing strategies to avoid them so I'm more productive in the future.

Lol thats okay. I mean I'm not expecting anything to come of it, so if something does, it will be quite a nice surprise!

Speaking of art, I sorta outdid myself with this piece, i can spot a few flaws with leg lengths and shading, but for the most part I can't believe how well this piece turned out.

Pity is for the Prisoners of Faith
8Pt8Zh8.png

Tiramisa being all in the rain with her glowing green eyes. I imagined this piece before hand but never imagined it would turn out better than what I had imagined.

Whew, did a bunch of art so I'ms bump this.

Systemic Bipolarity
2MhxvSn.png

Sacreblu being cute but I coulda done this way better... thankfully I redeemed myself with the next piece.

Saccharine Bewilderment // Chaos of Lilith

You can feel the chaos swelling around her, this is Sacreblu being possessed by Eve. Eve is a most malicious sort.

Then I went about making Album Arts for the three protagonist's hero themes.
Night Shift of Justice
Q4YuJ9q.png

If Justice had a face, Lumi would be it.

Apocalypse Prophet
emErlRR.png

Koko's untapped powers are some scary shit.

Sanguine Ferocious Cataclysm
JuZ14V0.png

Absolutely love how vivid this one is.

BONUS PIECE :: Mercy's Requiem
HNt9rDN.png

Was watching a lot of dragon ball Z lately and got inspired by Teen Gohan.

I found that pun immensely funny, but i had to withhold my response until I had something worthy to show! Now is that time!

Cost of Conspiring with Conspiracy
oysw8VI.png

New album art I made for Koko's recently composed character theme. The old one didn't fit the songs mood and it was largely flawed, both anatomically, as well as missing the sleeves of her undershirt and having a very outdated Fantasia logo watermarked on it.

The Queen of Shadows
MZwGDg9.png

You've seen this before, just with a much less flattering skirt.

I also had some fun (as I do) giving her some more expressions.
1xLjBKA.png

Beyond that, just some quick little doodles.
y8ZR1fv.png

9oNoqU7.png

Oh and also the beginnings of a concept sheet for Kara's grandmother, Janley Marx
NDdNzES.png

That's it, I think! Burnouts suck.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.