Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The sketch thread!

Jason":358f07tq said:
Coyote is right, your images have always been huge to the point that I've had to scroll across to see them... o.O
1280 pixels isn't big what the hell

see above post.

If you're on a smaller res yeah fair enough, i just figured everyone was on 1920x1080 or more these days.

Of course the site could just resize images that are too big but I guess that'd be asking too much, wouldn't it?

My games resolution is 1280 pixels so if thats too big for you it means I have to scale down every fucking image for every darn time i want to post for one single place. I'd usually feel bad about asking a forum to adjust but it's hardly for me, most forums last decade has auto-image resizing. Fucking KIWIFARMS has more functionality and they get DDoS'd more than 4chan.

Jeez you're swearing a lot lately, BM.

I'm on a 1920x1080, Big scale. And I've always had to scroll around some of your images; they do fit the screen once I've scrolled though.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Xhukari":3mjhbrqo said:
Jeez you're swearing a lot lately, BM.

I'm on a 1920x1080, Big scale. And I've always had to scroll around some of your images; they do fit the screen once I've scrolled though.

Likewise, 1920x1080 and I've always had to scroll...

i'll admit sometimes i forgot to check but i usually fix them later, in the last 20 pages i know i was on good behaviour with not jutting out also sorry for the swearing i was kinda miffed about things unrelated to this very petty thing

mv_logo.png

(This post is a test)

So after several weeks of doing no really good art renders I today finally broke the cycle of death.

Malevolence

Click image for larger resolution.

Whew! This one took eight hours or more but so worth it! it depicts a battle of True Evil Against Pure Nobility, and Nobility is winning for the time being.

That's all I have.

Ok ok. Honestly 2020 was a lot better than 2019 I think. The start of the year I was locked up at my sisters when the whole Covid thing started up. And I just watched Netflix for like 2 months.
Somehow February feels like yesterday. But May felt like it was from the year before. I have to do a double take, because I was doing stuff in Rpg maker MV before MZ was announced and if was wasn't looking at the creation dates I wouldn't believe it was part of this year. Talk about scatter-brained, going through my files, I found things that I completely forgot I had started. Stuff I just tucked into a folder one night and never opened again.
I was in a completely didn't state of consciousness doing all this writing too. I remember feeling out of my depth and out of my mind and felt like I needed to do something else. Once I distracted myself with video games and RMMZ there was no going back.
I don't know if I can go back to writing like I was before. Another big change in my daily life was this Momma cat with kittens, who showed up in June I think, and 6 months later we're in gen3. It's no wonder May feels like a lifetime ago.

l6htaidukz196v26g.jpg

Man I can't believe how good my art calendar ended up being, given that i suffered the longest and most hard-walled burn outs i've ever had and by a mile.

Art Calender of 2020
w5N6MSJ.png

This brings me to the last piece I finished.

Kyu Lawlis: Orphan and Outlaw
iCHZ02V.png

Put more time into the background than the character only for Kyu to cover most of it with his fat draconian ass.

I also concepted and colored Angelica, one of the protagonists for Seraphim, an upcoming eroge I'll be working on down the track.
Angelica: Dominatrix of the High Heavens
Pf3pCmX.png

In the demon route, she becomes an antagonist, the roles reverse in her angel route, where her rival Mischevia becomes the antagonist.

Lastly, i fixed up Xali's face and a bunch of the shading on this one.
Malevolence
z60mm1X.png

There's also been some sketches and stuff, but not worth posting right now.

Man January has been an amazing start for my year of art in 2021.

The Embodiment of Magic
K0mFjIu.png

The first time ever where I've managed to draw legs decently!

Apocalypse Prophet Arise
t6Xw7i1.png

I never expected to enjoy drawing Koko this much but I suppose I can surprise even myself!

Here's some close ups of the lovely faces.
Dq5fFac.png
IQUm5hj.png

Being prompted into doing more art like i did in the styloe for that Koko, i decided to make her two sisters, as well!

The Lady of Death
Y4cmDgB.png

Lilac Grave all channeling Agrat Bat Mahlat's power, which is why her eyes have gone red and weird looking.

Justice of the Moon
soQX9iV.png

Lumi when she untaps Naamah, which is when her eyes get that untold sheen of brilliance and luminosity.

This thread is gonna die or live with me isn't it ain't anyone else got art they wanna share I feel like I'm trying to resuscitate a corpse with no mouth here.

Usually I'd be forgiving since I'm unusually prolific and productive as an artist but it's been almost three weeks now, it isn't me anymore!

Anyway... lucky for you dorks I've been busy as usual.

Terror in Mourning
4tjTxPC.png

Taken from a scene on Galaxia where Yi shoes a more humane side after being told by Sacreblu that her wont for love was not unanswered or something like that! Yi appears to not take it well but that's really 'cause she doesn't like crying much but Sacreblu really be tiltin' her!

Queen of Lilacs
PzyxcXE.png

A crackship my friend Phoenix is responsible for that I decided to make art of, much to her joy.

Devil Behind the Pale Door
Vd7KM4o.png

Taken from a scene on Byteopia where Tiramisa goes a bit off the deep end.

That's all for now!

I'd do something about that. But It's freezing outside. So the Cats are inside. And they want to lay on my tablet or keyboard or on me. So I can't draw or do much on my computer atm.

It's not your fault, nor would I blame your cats-- It's mostly mine for being so constantly productive, ah habit i can assure you hasn't ceased, I've just been busy as of late and haven't been able to make time for this post until now.

Further more, I have heard you may potentially be soon to have a productive week, so it'd be a shame of me to make you do the same rigmarole i was subjugated to.

So, with all that, let's begin!

Anathema: Dancer who Steals Time

One of the lesser known Soulcatchers, who was originally going to have a minor role in Perseverance, she and the scene involving her was cut, however, she might become an optional boss at some point. This is in a way an incredibly well proportioned redraw of an older piece you can see here where I made her stature very childlike which didn't fit the soulcatcher mold. The only canonically short soulcatcher is Mischevia.
m8ZOwt0.png

Close up of her face, since I'm really happy with it's turn out.

This isn't the only art I've gotten done though, two brand new characters were build between my last post and now, the antagonist of Junked, Junko00 has arrived.

Heavensent Messenger
7NwEWmC.png

I definitely goofed on some of this, i was kinda doing it more quickly than I should have, but eh... too late to really worry now.

Then we have the only other human that is confirmed alive currently, Harold.
WRx2hzY.png

Not my best work but I knew I'd simply be chopping off everything below the ankle which made it easy to rush his feet. He's on a tilt too but i couldn't be assed fixing it.

Recently acquired Clip Studio and so this was my first 'test run' of the program, trying out all the crazy brushes and junk. Messed up the anatomy but it was mostly for testing out brushes so I'm not too worried.

Remi-Chan Studious
qn71cxJ.png

Fun stuff!

Welp, if you do get more cool stuff ready, I'll make it easier for you to justify posting. I recently got done with this little beauty!

Giving in to Temptation
ha1fVGr.png

Kloe: The Blood Maiden of Temptation, in a big floofy inviting sweater... also known as:
S W E A T E R S U C C .

Absolute 100% Click Bait cover for a game jam. I was going to clean it up. But it's a Jam entry. And everyone else is dropping out. And I don't want to look like I tried.
jb4jqrvyoyvs0v16g.jpg

What's the clickbait? You're obviously making an equine version of Hatoful Boyfriend... Why is everyone dropping out? I mean, game jams never have many submissions, compared to the number that sign up.

It's not anywhere near as "adult" as the illustration suggest. Although I did start out with a lot of breeding jokes. I cut most of it out in the end. Also ponies. I wanted to use my manalink plugin and sunburst portrait I made last year.
mqt0e1500nkpgdc6g.jpg

Why are people dropping out? procrastination. perfectionism. the usual thing.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.