Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RMVX officially released in English!

Caio_Prugner":32jxilex said:
wow.
Enterbrain's staff is truly original.
I know, it's a very novel concept to allow people to-
Almost all musics are from others RMs or old games like Zelda/Megaman.
Also, extremely original generical chars.
Oh, you're one of those.
I wonder if Enterbrain has paid SquareEnix/Nintendo to use their ideas xD
Durhurhur I wonder if Square and Nintendo ever paid for Tolkien, Lucas. Asimov, and Campbell's ideas. Oh, and eachother's.
PS: Why Actor2-charset silver-haired gal looks like the Sephy-clone, and both look like Monster-charset silver-haired evil lord?
Because these character types are popular.
PS2: Note that EVERY charset has a silver/grey/white-haired weirdo!
See above statement~
PS3:Actor3 white-haired chick scares me deeply.
You got some odd issues, son.

Marcus

Sponsor

I don't understand what you have to complain about.

The tileset limitation is pretty valid.  Being limited to one small square based tileset for your entire game is pretty damaging to people who rely on the RTP.  I still love RMVX but if I was making a tile based game I'd feel pretty ripped because the only things I'd be making are Dragon Quest clones.

Yeyinde":2fo30y0r said:
The music was made with the intent of being familiar to people who played SNES-style games, scooter.

Hehe I love the way you keep using those names for people, that shit is so funny!  Ex: Champ, Sport, Scooter, Buckaroo, etc.  It just cracks me up!  :grin: 

On another note, I don't even think I'm going to give VX a chance...  Call me closed minded but something about it just makes me want to go run with hedge trimmers drunk down a hill (an ensured way to trip and fall). 

After trying it, I still think what I thought about it. It absolutely sucks if you're going to use the RTP. Else, it's a huge improvement (mainly the visible panoramas).

Kinda sad about the sound effects though, I believe they're all from RM2k? =x

I'm sticking to XP... or 2k3. VX seems crappy to me. I love the graphics ,because I'm an old schooler, but the way this program works... I don't like it. Tilesets and layers... argh... why must Enterbrain be stupid like that <_<. Why couldn't they add a tilesets tab too? I don't understand.

Celes_cole":1lqbbuce said:
I'm sticking to XP... or 2k3. VX seems crappy to me. I love the graphics ,because I'm an old schooler, but the way this program works... I don't like it. Tilesets and layers... argh... why must Enterbrain be stupid like that <_<. Why couldn't they add a tilesets tab too? I don't understand.
You like those squary McSquare graphics? But yes, the decision to limit to one huge tileset, with the logic of "keeping less space" was just a completely stupid decision. I can't understand why Enterbrain would limit people like that.

I think RMVX is very similar to RMXP, but I find the auto-layering very useful (especially for my beginner friends). Some of the new features are great, like the previously-unmentioned dungeon generator. In the end, I'd be happy with either, but having the newest is usually the best.

Erm... sorry but I realized how they repeated stuff.... bad enterbrain for using old commands with new graphics.... almost all of those were in either RPG Maker 2k or RPG Maker 2k3.....
I forget which had the most of those "new features" but they arn't new nor are they really needed... some of them are nice to have but... I dislike the downsized sprites and limited mapping you can do...

khmp

Sponsor

Oh noes the readme has the symbol for yen in place of '\'.  :down:

I do like the new bitmap/sprite effects that are applicable. :thumb:

OMG_RAWR!":1ipowcf6 said:
Erm... sorry but I realized how they repeated stuff.... bad enterbrain for using old commands with new graphics.... almost all of those were in either RPG Maker 2k or RPG Maker 2k3.....
I forget which had the most of those "new features" but they arn't new nor are they really needed... some of them are nice to have but... I dislike the downsized sprites and limited mapping you can do...
I missed not having to jury-rig the game to get face graphics, and would gladly sacrifice ultra-pretty mapping to have that back.  :mad: Coming from someone who almost exclusively maps, that says a lot!

I just downloaded it and am looking through the graphical resources which are strangely arranged and limited... I suppose it will take some getting used to... But I guess opening one of them on photoshop to align and plastering my own on top would be good...

I don't think all of the tiles in the rtp are bad as such... A lot are but some are really nice but just need a lite rounding here or there...

In the database, the new "note" function could prove usefull and the ability to have a unique message for each skill is a nice touch...

Also im guessing you've all seen the script section... Its nicely done...

The events menu is nicely done too, text  has the option of pictures so no more wasting your days with /name[/n] commands and  other such things filling up your text boxes...

*agrees with the parralaxes for maps idea* XP what the hell is parralax anyway? You'd think they'd at least call it "panorama"

EDIT:

Auto shadow: HATE! they're messed up so badly...

I think its pretty cute thou I'm sticking to RMXP maker but I'm going to buy this for my brothers birthday ^^.
I do love the quick events idea its a wonderful addition and I like the stuff they brought back from 2k ^^

Where can I find an English translated site for RMVX?

I do not want to order it, I want to download it from them.

Edit: Just downloaded the demo but it must hate my PC, simply will not load.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.