Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RMVX officially released in English!

I'm not sure if I'm getting this, I might try it out first...but for right now I'm sticking with XP. For people who already own VX, how is it compared to XP?

Kraft

Sponsor

It has its pros and cons...

I am downloading the trial right now ( I have been using the modded japanese/english trial for about a week) and I found some things way better... and some thing way annoying.

Especially for someone like me who likes to map...  The mapping system is way easier, and looks way better (in some aspects) but it really limits you because it automatically changes the layers for you (you cant change them)

It is kinda annoying sometimes because since it changes them for you, you cant always layer things like trees and stuff like that...

And I really dont like the charsets... they are seriously 1 tile in size (they are all short!) and look kinds weird, but I will most likley be changing them ^_^

I do really like how you can import things like item graphics and stuff as one image, rather than as a million small ones though ^_^

I have yet to test the english version, but I will in a few minutes ^_^

~Kraft

Beh... I'm downloading right now.

Yes it has all those little features, but the way the tileset works is uber SUXORZ (I'm with you all the way, Venetia :kiss:)

... But I might find use of it for other reasons, its not TOO bad of a program.

Venetia":3f0l2ynp said:
Hooray! A program I'll never get because the tileset settings are half-assed!

[oops]

*shuts up*

And the charsets suck too!
I'm not even going to BOTHER hacking this crap!

Spoo

Sponsor

Oh my god.  I was far too quick to judge back in the Contest thread.  While the mapping system sucks, the music gives me nostalgia.  Battle05 = MegamanX3, anyone?

Offtopic-
Akinari":1guoanu8 said:
Oh my god.  I was far too quick to judge back in the Contest thread.  While the mapping system sucks, the music gives me nostalgia.  Battle05 = MegamanX3, anyone?
I like Megaman...
On topic-
Is it really worth $100? (I think that's the price of it.)

wow.
Enterbrain's staff is truly original.

Almost all musics are from others RMs or old games like Zelda/Megaman.
Also, extremely original generical chars.

I wonder if Enterbrain has paid SquareEnix/Nintendo to use their ideas xD

PS: Why Actor2-charset silver-haired gal looks like the Sephy-clone, and both look like Monster-charset silver-haired evil lord?

PS2: Note that EVERY charset has a silver/grey/white-haired weirdo!

PS3:Actor3 white-haired chick scares me deeply.

However, I luv RMVX!
:lol:

Caio_Prugner":rwo589im said:
Almost all musics are from others RMs or old games like Zelda/Megaman.

The music was made with the intent of being familiar to people who played SNES-style games, scooter.

Marcus

Sponsor

Who cares about tilesets?  I can finally use panoramas as maps in my game without breaking them up into 10,000x256 pixel tilesets.

Godot

RPG Maker's default characters, classes, items, weapons and monsters are highly unoriginal?

Say it isn't so! This is a first! :cry:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.