Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Forum changes and template website.

Aw man, too bad it's getting deleted. =/
Why don't you guys do something like only members of a certain group could post there?

mawk

Sponsor

I think that that might be a headache, since we're already using the second usergroup for posting permissions in NFG. It wouldn't cut down on the "make my game for me!" topics as much as this will, either. Besides, you can still recruit people through other venues -- placing HELP WANTED ads in your signature or at the bottom of you project thread, for instance.

We already have to many usergroups.
We don't want to call the Private Subforums by the name Sponsor Forums either - we had a sponsor forums, that's confusing.

Jut remember if you can see a forum, you have access to it.  There isn't a single board that if you can see the title of, you wouldn't get into.  Even the individual private child boards like Thousand Fish Orchestra and the others, you can see them because you could have access to them - you just need the password.  As opposed to the staff forums, which you can't see - because you simply can't get in.

I know I'm a tad late in that 2nd point, but oh well.

Chimmy Ray":3rt9yeg5 said:
I think that that might be a headache, since we're already using the second usergroup for posting permissions in NFG. It wouldn't cut down on the "make my game for me!" topics as much as this will, either. Besides, you can still recruit people through other venues -- placing HELP WANTED ads in your signature or at the bottom of you project thread, for instance.

heck post it in your project topic too simple enough.

WE DON'T NEED NO WATER, LET THAT MOTHERFUCKER BURN!!!

BURN MOTHERFUCKER, BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Ahem* I think this is the greatest decision this forum has made in YEARS!

However, here is my reflection on what I think the forum SHOULD be...

I think it should be brought back in the future, but better managed and re-introduced strictly for forum sponsors. When you have sponsorship, that shows that you've at least got some kind of passion for what you're doing, and that tells me "Hey, these people are paying to use this site, I'll be glad to help them out."

I'd seperate it from the normal Project Discussion forum and put it at the top, since it is a priveledged service paid for by fellow members of the community, which would encourage people to once in awhile take a look there (at least, we'd all hope.)

I think taking this approach would help the forum out big time, especially money-wise, and would hopefully encourage better team development. Sponsors would be the only ones allowed to create new topics on the forum, and all members would be able to reply to these topics as long as they're looking for work and not just submitting spam... because we all know, spam is for lower-class civilians who can't afford meat from the deli.

Keep it in the back of your mind, and ask yourself the question of if it would be a smart move towards evolution in our future and the future of the forum. As far as it helping out the forum, by god I hope it would, and I know its crazy but I think in some odd way... it's crazy enough to work!

I'm sorry, something is funky with my browser, I didn't mean to double post just now ;_;

But since this is here, on another note this forum needs a handy-dandy delete button so I can prevent myself from sitting here looking stupid XD

Sponsors can delete their own posts? That's awesome!

Too bad not all users can, I know quite a few users that should delete their own posts, for the sake of the greater good :X

Perhaps thats reason more to become a sponsor, if my 'wife' will let me XD

She probably won't though, because diapers and gas and cigarettes are too important and hard to come by sometimes. Perhaps I'll try though, now that I know I can delete myself from ever existing!

Venetia Macgyver":2jwqitfk said:
you're still a reverse exile?
No, I'm not.  You can't view the community forums, so I couldn't be posting here if I still were.

KRoP":2jwqitfk said:
Reverse exile? Not sure what you're talking about.
It's essentially a half-ban.  Des thought I was too uptight, so he tried confining me to The Point.  It didn't work as well as he had hoped, though.  I could see The Other Hand forums and the Design and Development forums.  It had some strange limits and permissions.

KRoP":mh9s4nst said:
I'm assuming The Point is something in NFG. Alright, thanks.
The Point is the NFG.  They renamed it, but most still refer to it as NFG.  It's actually The Point followed by a trademark symbol, but I don't know how to insert the symbol. :tongue:

Nellie

missingno":317pm5z6 said:
Venetia Macgyver":317pm5z6 said:
actually in a few days i'm going to make a place for PAID ONLY recruitment. the others are against that idea but if kids like you make it work then we can shove it in their faces ha!!!

yes but if there isn't enough activity venetia has agreed that as punishment she is going to spank herself with a wooden spoon and give the staff photos of her red bare ass

so you guys better make it active!!!! (personally i think we'll be getting the pictures)

I like Venetia's idea as the alternative and hope there won't be such photos taken ever :P

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.