Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Forum changes and template website.

Awesome. I totally agree that R&C was embarrassing and needed to go.

Question about the sprite templates: site looks good, but is there a reason not all of them are on there? For example, I didn't see Wumpi's KettleDragon.

Not all of them are good enough. Wumpi's Kettledragon template is old as balls and she finds it embarassing. Same reason I didn't put my original Geredreth up there.

Well for some peopple it may really suck ..
(Atleast I doesn't botters me I haven't started a real project yet)

And readin trough some other feedback it seems waaay better ..
You can stil put it in your signature and making the project discussions etc .. still stays ...
one extra spoiler is all it takes ..
(Now I think of it roject discusion looks a lot like recruitment only project discusion doesn't has a recruitment chapter in it ..)

Well , I'd say nice idea ..
S says : Goodbye Recruitment and classifieds subforum ..

Some people may use it to have people make their games for them, but at the same time, actual game makers have teams. People don't typically sit down at their computer and design every graphic, and write every script themselves. I was hoping to start a topic here, because I don't know RGSS, and I would like some help making graphics. It's just annoying to post a bunch of requests when it could be all in one topic here. Every aspect of my game would be original, I just don't have the time or skills to do everything. I would even post samples of what I wanted the graphics to look like. I guess I can see some reason behind this though.  )^=

You can still do this, it could just require you doing it differently.  Nothing's stopping you from gathering a team, it's just more careful now.  Already several examples of how to have been posted.

For me it sucks, a little bit... because after what Terror told me, I tought he had some point (although a diffrent vision) and delined everything, and still am, so, when I will really need the people, it will be harder for me.

All for the better. This isn't the first time the issue has come up, so it's about time we'd gotten rid of it. I'd venture to guess that there will be some other way the lesser competent members of the forum will annoy us with "Make my game" issues. Some how they've learn to adapt.

Hm, this was a bit unexpected, but it really can't be argued that the Recruitment forum has been steadily decaying.  I agree with this move, but I'm calling it now--the 'make-my-game' people will just try the same old shit, except in Resource Requests.

I think it's a good move, the forum's pretty useless. I just poked through it and it's all just
'K im makin a game eternal darkness i need a spriter a mapper a composer and someone to help me develop my story k thanks lol.'

Requests for help on projects will mostly be made in the project thread.  Alternatively, one could ask for resources individually through Resource Requests and Script Requests.  Advertisement through a signature is a good idea, and some people have already been doing this.  I know Sixty had an ad in his signature for a while requesting help for a battle system, and that's probably the best way to get help.  No one really looks at the Recruitments and Classifieds.

NunoAle":31qgoick said:
LOL

Anyways, if people will actually need someone, where are they going to get them? Resource Requests?
I need a custom tileset.  I can make a request.
Likewise I put in my signature that I'm looking for a spriter to sprite a tileset.  If I was willing to pay, I can even include that.

Additionally if I already have a project thread, I can in a subtle way include that I plan on having custom graphics, including a tileset - but would need someone's assistance.

And if you had a private forum you can use the main private forum board for loads of things.

Venetia":9m7pt82n said:
WOO HOO!

Also we should note: If you have a private subforum, you can still recruit people in the private subforum section. YOU CANNOT DO SO UNLESS YOU HAVE A PRIVATE SUBFORUM. All the more reason to shoot the site some dough for one! :D

But if you post a recruitment in the private subforum... then the majority of people cannot see it. Or do I not understand the way private subforums work?

mawk

Sponsor

Watch as people start boycotting .ORG now "because it opposes the development process and demands money for its members to do ordinary things such as recruit a team."

Can I beat those people with a hard-bound list of our reasons?

DeM0nFiRe":14vsqbwc said:
Venetia":14vsqbwc said:
WOO HOO!

Also we should note: If you have a private subforum, you can still recruit people in the private subforum section. YOU CANNOT DO SO UNLESS YOU HAVE A PRIVATE SUBFORUM. All the more reason to shoot the site some dough for one! :D

But if you post a recruitment in the private subforum... then the majority of people cannot see it. Or do I not understand the way private subforums work?

You can look at the Private Subforums board (there are 2 topics in there currently! :O), you just can't access the child boards unless you have a password :)

DeM0nFiRe":3cgzlx2p said:
Oh, ok, so you can make a recruitment thread in the Private Subforum board itself if you have sponsor?

No, you can only make recruitment threads in there if you own a private subforum. They're not expensive if you're already a sponsor :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.