Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Forum changes and template website.

* If you haven't donated before, $20 will make you eligible for a private subforum.
    * If you're already a sponsor, all you need to donate is $15!
    * And of course to be fair, you can donate $30 all at once for a sponsorship and your private forum!

Fayte

Sponsor

Chimmy Ray":2po1l5ez said:
Can I beat those people with a hard-bound list of our reasons?

you probably should because once they realize it's gonna be everyman for himself, partner :doc: (lolirony)

Wow... I'v been using this site now for about 2 months and I didn't even know we had news or a Recruitment and Classifieds subforum O.o Kinda fell Like I'v been left out of the loop... Anyway from what I'v just reasently seen (I took about 30 to look) and what I'v seen on this I think this is a great move to get lazy people into gear! All the same this site is great and if people want to complain about one sub forum being removed that was only used for to get free stuff then they can go somewhere else. All the same it dosn't effect me.

I do have to agree with a previous post saying that there all going to move the the Resorce Forum. But whatchya gonna do?

mawk

Sponsor

Well, at least in the Resource forum it's more difficult to say "make my game for me." There's nothing wrong with hiring people to fill the jobs you can't fill in yourself (if you can't sprite very well but want custom graphics so that your game stands out, hiring a spriter is a fantastic way to ensure that little bit of extra quality,) but when you have someone else filling every facet of game development with you walking around the room and telling them how to make your game, then I think there's a problem.

I've never looked in the private subforum before because I thought it was, you know,  private.

I guess I can expect to see large requests in resource requests now? Or is it still against the rules to make large requests? Before, if a request was big enough it was moved to recruitment.

Does this make rmxp.org a resource site with a forum? Or a forum with a resource site? I'm excited either way, but I wonder how people will see it. 

coyotecraft":2nhdp109 said:
I've never looked in the private subforum before because I thought it was, you know,  private.

as an hkcp member you're invited to mine, though unless you're interested in helping out with my project there isn't much point, lol :)

coyotecraft":2nhdp109 said:
I guess I can expect to see large requests in resource requests now? Or is it still against the rules to make large requests? Before, if a request was big enough it was moved to recruitment.

Big requests will now just be forced to be shrunk down. Asking people to make you 100 characters or entire sets of tilesets is silly anyway.

There's nothing to stop you putting at the end of your project topic:

"If you'd like to help PM me"

or something, right?

Huge requests are kinda silly anyway, especially for an RM game (i.e. such a small scale, usually).

Commander Wyatt":2d2su5w8 said:
There's nothing to stop you putting at the end of your project topic:

"If you'd like to help PM me"

or something, right?

this is exactly what we will encourage.

Does this make rmxp.org a resource site with a forum?

not yet, but that's the plan. when the resources site is up, RMXP.org (the domain) will lead to that site, with a link to the forums in the navigation.

I'd recommend changing the name of the 'Private Sub forums' board just because I too was under the impression that private meant private. I understand that the sub forums are private, but calling the parent board Private Sub Forums kinda says the only thing there is private sub forums.

Just a bit sad for the people who are available to do others request to say "i'm available". I understand that it was polluted by "i'm searching for x people to do that and that".

I'm a scripter for Hire, doing small/medium script for money to people, where, now am I supposed to get clients? In the Script Request subforum?

actually in a few days i'm going to make a place for PAID ONLY recruitment. the others are against that idea but if kids like you make it work then we can shove it in their faces ha!!!

Venetia Macgyver":2h5m8vxw said:
actually in a few days i'm going to make a place for PAID ONLY recruitment. the others are against that idea but if kids like you make it work then we can shove it in their faces ha!!!

yes but if there isn't enough activity venetia has agreed that as punishment she is going to spank herself with a wooden spoon and give the staff photos of her red bare ass

so you guys better make it active!!!! (personally i think we'll be getting the pictures)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.