Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Version 2.8! CTB by Charlie Lee (v2.8) - aka a FFX like Battle System

Status
Not open for further replies.
whyyte;310269 said:
i like this bs, will you add overdrive and changing equip and party members in battle?

These are good suggestions for sure. I cannot guarantee anything in the next future, I'm very busy at work... but these ones as well as a summoning feature are in my future plans. In all honesty I need much free time and a little better knowledge of RGSS...

xkrimx

How would I go about adjusting the position of the battlers? Also, how do I get rid of the face box in the top right corner?

xkrimx;310362 said:
How would I go about adjusting the position of the battlers?

Refer to Minkoff/DerVVulfman Animation System Guide please. You'll find a link in the FAQs, first post.

Note that i only moved the battlers a little to not overlap with my windows, but the basic positioning is that of the Animation System.

This is seriously my favorite battle system I've seen posted here. I don't like ABS's so this is perfect ^_~

One problem: In the demo, whenever you try to heal character 4, it heals character 3. Char 4 kept getting worked by the enemies but I couldn't heal him!

I don't know what coulda caused it but it kept happening, no matter what battle I was in or how many times I restarted. Healing everyone else seemed okay.

@Venetia:

First, thank you. I'm really glad you like my baby :)
For your "problem": char 4 has the Reflect status, so he bounces any magic back to the caster. Try removing the equipment which puts him in that status.

This Nice!
It just keep on going huh Charlie lol.. Well anyways overdrive sounds like a good idea or limit break. i think adding a transparent box around the HP and MP and the charecter stats well look cool in battle mode.

To anybody asking "where to get animated battlers":
please do some search in the resource analysis forum, try "side-view battlers" "animated battlers" or similar.
Characters shown in this demo are by Dollmage.

Please don't post in this thread for this kind of requests, as it is not related to the battle system. Feel free to PM me, but let's try to keep this thread clean for BS related discussion.
To everyone reading: thank you for you interest in this work.

I have just uploaded a little update (v2.2) featuring a basic (very basic) SuperArts/LimitBreaks system.
The system is totally optional and can be removed (both logic and graphics) by removing the corresponding script.
Currently the players only fill the SuperArt bar by being damaged with attacks and skills.

The first post has been updated with a new screenshot, new features and instructions.

TODO: Define different modes in which a player earns superarts ponts. And... suggestions?

Sh4k4

Hello, I have just tried your demo and I encountered a bug. Would you mind test it yourself and fix it ?

Bug: the event command Force to attack is ignored.

Sh4k4;324748 said:
Hello, I have just tried your demo and I encountered a bug. Would you mind test it yourself and fix it ?

Bug: the event command Force to attack is ignored.

OK. As you see the concept of battle turn is different here. Every time a char makes an action the turn counter makes a step.
Said this, if you set up a condition for a battle event and you say that it has to happen during the 4th turn, nothing will happen if the active battler, the only one active battler, in that turn IS NOT the one who had to perform the battle action.
Obvioulsy you are not able to predict which turn will which char act, so it seems that the only solution is to use the "execute now" option.
But at at the moment this causes an error because it tries to access to a vector of battlers that is no longer in use in my system.
I'll try to figure out the best way to handle battle actions. Thank you for the bug report.

EDIT: i was wrong about the "execute now" command... however all solved with version 2.3

Just curious, but could you add in the results screen for regularly learned skills to display? Like how you just learn a skill by level?

I've been looking for something like that for a while and I see you have it work for learned techniques.

Like I said: just curious. If you can do that at all or know of how to do it, it'd be greatly appreciated.

And if not, that's okay too. :D

Ok sorry if these questions have already been answered, because I don't want to read 10 pages of posts. Ok so if I use this script, how will the status window be for me if I am using a custom cms? And is this script compatible with the script that causes skills to have charge time?

b0ioncrack;328424 said:
Ok sorry if these questions have already been answered, because I don't want to read 10 pages of posts. Ok so if I use this script, how will the status window be for me if I am using a custom cms? And is this script compatible with the script that causes skills to have charge time?

A custom status window plus a second page accessed with the "Enter" key is defined in the skills learning system part, so that will be used unless you disable that part, i.e. remove the script (EDIT: only the Skills Learning System).
Second, a two-pages skills/techniques sub-menu is also defined. Unfortunately this cannot be disabled at the moment.
However I'm receiving many requests for making the Techniques feature optional, so this probably will change in the next releases.

For your second question, i guess no, better, I'm sure no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.