Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Stat points distribution system

...oh. I thought that MaxHIT thing was just to add another range of possible hitting.

Well, hot dog, this is back to working perfectly again. Thanks a ton!

please excuse my randomness but, is spirit sopose to be like intellegance cuz im playing my game and my mage has 100 atk right now but the spells aren't getting stronger...
should i increase spirit?
~excuse my randomness

yes

but really, it's just another stat on your character. It's how you configure your skills~
Here is how RMVX calculates the final damage

Damage = Base Damage
+ (A's attack × 4 × Attack F ÷ 100)
+ (A's spirit × 2 × Spirit F ÷ 100)
- (B's defense × 2 × Attack F ÷ 100)
- (B's spirit × 1 × Spirit F ÷ 100)

so if you set spirit F to 200, and Attack F to 0, that skill's damage will depend entirely on your SPI ;)

i've always wanted the formula but this is a confusing one...

a lil more help plz?
how do you know what the base damage is?

Hey You Know How You Said You Can Replace The Status Menu I Cant Fine The Part In The Script To Do That Can You Help Me
THX In Advance

in Scene_Menu, find:
$scene = Scene_Status.new(@status_window.index)
and replace with:
$scene = Scene_Stat_Dist.new(@status_window.index)

:3

apkx24

DUDE ive got a problm with this

i copied your game_actors scene_menu and everything thats modified to make this script work but it wont change a thing on my project

i cannot 1) get it to where status menu goes to stat distribution screen and YES i change it in scene_menu or w.e but it WILL NOT WORK (and i even deleted this custom menu system i had O,o) i have a basic menu + system that i think shows time, steps and thats it. could that be interfereing?

and i CANNOT 2) get stat points at level up
ive tried everything, copying tons of your default scripts from your demo but it wont change a thing - it only has the default level 1 stat points no matter what level i am, tey wont increase
im using Ragnarok stat point system and do not intend on using the other one, b/c then you'd add all str and nothing else
i changed the thing under change_exp level_up didnt work, so i copied your default script and it still changes nothing...
what do i do??? any suggestions??? do yall need a copy of all my scripts to c what mite be interfering?
i really like ur script otherwise. the ppls at rpg revolution dont even got a copy i dont think gj.

Is there a way to make so that if you increase your HP it isn't a constant variable, but set within a random range? Like everytime you go to increase your hp it goes up within the range of 10-15.

find this line: $game_party.members[@menu_index].maxhp += HPIncreaseBy

and change HPIncreaseBy to "10 + rand(5)" without the quote

**the first number is the minimum of the range, the second number inside the rand() is maximum minus minimum :D

Ok, thanks.

EDIT: I tried it the way you showed me and it didn't work, but it did work when I put it by the HPIncreaseBy near the top. But, instead of randomly changing each use it uses the same number of increase over and over for everyone.
---
Now, I don't need this, but I am curious. Would it be possible to do that with each stat for each individual member. Like one party member is a knight so his Hp goes between 10-15 more as his mage companion Hp goes up 5-10?

S-N

Any suggestions on making this work for only Actor 1? It's a great system for when you want a highly-customizable character, and that's kind of what I was thinking. However, I only want one to be customizable.

Thank you in advance.

I still think what Lettuce told you should have worked... maybe its a bug in vx lol
but below worked on my scripts

hmm the reason it is always the same when you put it near the top... is because once the script is loaded it does not reload that part of the script...
so lets say... hpincreaseby = 10 + rand(5) = 12 it will always use 12 until you exit the game and reopen... then it should be different I thinks...

also you would have a problem with how it shows the hp increase since it would show the hpincreaseby = 12 in this case instead of a random amount each time... so a few more edits would need to be made...

what I did is in the spoiler tag XD
these edits depend that your hpincreaseby is set to 10 and does not have a random number added to it in the beggining

ok ok...

first I changed mine a bit and it worked for me so...

original line 525
first go to line 525 in the script...
it should say the following...
    self.contents.draw_text(0,-5,112,20,"HP + "+HPIncreaseBy.to_s)
ok to change what the notice for hp changing is at bottom right
first go to line 525 in the script...
change it to say something like this
    self.contents.draw_text(0,-5,112,20,"HP + 10 to 15")
this will give you in bottom right corner hp + 10 to 15

ok thats just to make it look ok...
ok now find line 690

$game_party.members[@menu_index].maxhp += HpIncreaseBy

now changing line 690 to
    $game_party.members[@menu_index].maxhp += (HpIncreaseBy + rand(5))
should give you a random amount between 10 and 15 each time...

if that does not work...

I suggest changing it to this
    $game_party.members[@menu_index].maxhp += ( 10 + rand(5) )
I think your main problem was that it was reading it and stoping at the +=10 and not adding in the random 0-5

now that I think about it... this is nice to know it works since I dont want it to add the same ammount each and every time for myself lol...

hmm also I think I had the newest version but if I did not just search for the code in the before quotes and change them to be the same as  the after qoutes

S-N not sure how to get it to work for just 1 specific character... are you using more than one character or just 1 character... if just 1 it should be easy just dont have anyone else in your party
if your using more than 1 character the script needs to be modified to be able to set what characters can be upgraded

Line 525 and 690 don't look like what you have up, but I will look for those and see if it works. Thanks wsenor.

EDIT: Yeah, it's not working.

S-N

wsensor":3qqv0vv4 said:
S-N not sure how to get it to work for just 1 specific character... are you using more than one character or just 1 character... if just 1 it should be easy just dont have anyone else in your party
if your using more than 1 character the script needs to be modified to be able to set what characters can be upgraded

I'm using multiple characters, I just only want one to be customizable.

Jakester: I've just tried 10 + rand(5) and it worked for me :0 what happen when you tried increase the HP?
as for the different class thingy, put this just before the 10 + rand(5) thing
Code:
class_val = {1=>[10,5] , 2 => [5,3]} #in this format { ClassID => [ LowerLimit , UpperLimit-LowerLimit ] , ... }
actor_class = $game_party.members[@menu_index].class_id
and replace the 10 + rand(5) with "class_val[actor_class][0] + rand(class_val[actor_class][1])"

S-N : it is possible for it to work with one actor only, but under some conditions~ that character must be in the party and must also be the first person in the party  :neutral: Most things in this script uses $game_party variable, so if you want it to work with one character, no matter if s/he is in the party or in different order or whatever, you'll have to replace every instance of $game_party variables. but if you're REALLLLYYY want to, i can fix it up for you XD

if you're okay with the conditions I mentioned, just delete this bit:
Code:
	elsif Input.trigger?(Input::R) or Input.trigger?(Input::RIGHT)
	  @menu_index += 1
	  @menu_index %= $game_party.members.size
	  $scene = Scene_Stat_Dist.new(@menu_index)
	elsif Input.trigger?(Input::L) or Input.trigger?(Input::LEFT)
	  @menu_index += $game_party.members.size - 1
	  @menu_index %= $game_party.members.size
	  $scene = Scene_Stat_Dist.new(@menu_index)
this will not let the player switch between characters in the party. Then you just call the script with "$scene = Scene_Stat_Dist.new(0)"

S-N

Yeah, I only needed it for Actor one, the main character, whom you cannot switch out.

Awesome Lettuce, it works perfectly.  :thumb:

I can still change things like points per level and increase cost, right?

Regardless, thank you.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.