Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Stat points distribution system

matts

i found a bug (or not...)
when my character used 2 handed sword type and  open the menu it shows a shield, not a sword
err... know what i mean ?

here eg:
i used two muramasa

in the Stat Distr Window it shows:
Weapon : Muramasa
Shield    : Wooden Shield
(It should be show)
Weapon 1 : Muramasa
Weapon 2 : Muramasa

Sorry for my grammar....

like this

Code:
 def change_exp(exp, show)
  last_level = @level
    last_skills = skills
    @exp = [[exp, 9999999].min, 0].max
    while @exp >= @exp_list[@level+1] and @exp_list[@level+1] > 0
      level_up
     #---------------------add the code here
      difference = @level - last_level
      $game_actors[@actor_id].points += ((@level/5).floor+2).floor*difference
    #----------------------- :D
    end
    while @exp < @exp_list[@level]
      level_down
    end
    @hp = [@hp, maxhp].min
    @mp = [@mp, maxmp].min
    if show and @level > last_level
      display_level_up(skills - last_skills)
    end
  end

just a question I am using

Code:
#==============================================================================
# ** Multi-Slot Equipment VX
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#    by DerVVulfman
#    based on Guillaume777's original system.
#    version 1.1
#    04-06-2008
#    RGSS2

and was wandering since it lets me add in extra equipment can you tell me how I can modify your script to read the extra equipment slots?

it depends on how we can call for the equipment object in that script.  :shock: I couldn't find the link to that script, could you tell me the url?

interesting looking script, it looks exactly like what, I think the perfect theif (who ever was developing the UO game) would like, so that should help him....
Nice looks for the changes I generally would like them to also show the whole script, but at the moment I do not think I need it so good job :)

matts

Thx, btw i love this scripts so much.
It reminds me when i played RO 1-2 years ago.

I wait for your next RO-ish thing^^

Thanks Desruprot and matts <3

@wsensor: it seems that DVV's script will return an array when calling for armour, give me sometime to modify the script XD

oh XD I was trying to find out what all scripts could be made to work together...

my next check is gonna be the 2.6 side view script and the multiequip script.. and then I am gonna see if custom battle commands work with it too...

so far it works with different things... other than the multi equip...

I want to add in custom stats to my game too...
I want to use a weight system and multi inventory/character inventory systems to help limit items that are carried...

I found a script that uses variables for shops...
so I am gonna make trade points in towns that let you trade items for points in that town... buying the item in a normal shop will cost alot more or it will not be buyable...
but I do not want people to carry a ton of stuff from town a to town b to town c...

very nice script!

can you please explain more exactly where to put the new icon.png and what to change?
thanks in advance

IconSet.png goes into the System folder~  :blush:

Then press Ctrl+F and search for "#draw_icon" (you should find 5 lines starting with that)
and just remove the #  :grin:

thanks for the fast answer, lettuce :)
but still the icons are not shown. even if i download your demo i can't see the lower grey icons.

xD There was a silly bug in the script. I'm not gonna embarrass myself by pointing out what it was though :{

The script was updated, copy and edit it again :D

ok. now i can see the greyed out icons for unequipped slots.
but still the grey icons below, next to crit hit rate and so on are not there.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.