Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Stat points distribution system

S-N : yes, you can still change everything, it just won't switch to other character :3

Jakester: I've just remembered something. This script has 2 modes (normal mode where everything requires a fixed number of points, and a RO mode where everything requires more points depending on the current amount), which means there are 3 instances of HPIncreaseBy within the script. One at the beginning of the script for you to customize, and there are 2 more inside the main script, have you replaced those 2?

If you did and still have problem, PM me a copy of your game, I'll try to sort this thing out >o<

as for the battle code, it's another one of my script -> Warning:Links to other site  :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Alright, it works now. I didn't know about the other HPIncrease near the bottom. >_<; Now, you are almost rid of me, but I have two more things.

1)How would I make it so that the number that has been randomly generated be shown on the bottom-right hand corner on the status screen? Or is there no way for that to be possible.

2)
Jakester: I've just tried 10 + rand(5) and it worked for me :0 what happen when you tried increase the HP?
as for the different class thingy, put this just before the 10 + rand(5) thing
class_val = {1=>[10,5] , 2 => [5,3]} #in this format { ClassID => [ LowerLimit , UpperLimit-LowerLimit ] , ... }
actor_class = $game_party.members[@menu_index].class_id
and replace the 10 + rand(5) with "class_val[actor_class][0] + rand(class_val[actor_class][1

I did this, though I don't think I did it right because I get an error.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c232/Jakester101/SS003.jpg[/img]

Did I do the code correctly? I did it to the two HPIncreaseBy but this one is the only one with the error.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c232/Jakester101/SS004.jpg[/img]

Sorry with all the wants and errors, I am coding illiterate. >_<;;

1) no, because the random number is generated at the moment you press the button :S

2) What I meant was one line above~
like:
class_val = {somethingsomethingsomething}
actor_class = $game_party.members[@menu_index].class_id
$game_party.members[index].maxhp += rand thing etc etc

:lol:

Hey, I downloaded the demo and it doesn't even start up I dont know what the problem is maybe its something wrong on my side. I love this whole script and I want to put this in my game badly! I just cant download it ;( I love the blue windows and that picture of Ralph. Are those in the demo to? Its so sweet!

nice script!
However i found a bug when i use the passive skill script and "weapon critical rate adjustment script", the critical rate after adjustment have not been displayed correctly (i have put your script followed the instruction)

try putting my script under all the other script that tickers with "def cri", if that still doesn't work then post a link to your other scripts :3

For some reason, I can't get this to work... It won't change any windows, and I tried putting it at the top and bottom of all Material scripts. Was I supposed to edit more things?

I'm also using the Map Name Popup script, the Time System script, Recover Stats on Level Up, Weapon Unleash, Battle Frenzy, Slanted Bars and Enemy HP Bar display.

hey this weird error popped up when I call ur script http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh13 ... itled2.png[/img]
if you cant read it, it says "Script 'Stat Distribution 1.5' line 317:NoMethodError occured. undefined method `twohanded' for nil:NilClass. Also for some reason, it only does this to my game and not like a clean, new game. Please fix it. O yea I do wanna make babies with you:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :lol:

....wow...i officially fail at life :down:. at least the script works though :grin:

EDIT: I don't really know if this is important, but when you hold down the down button and look at the lower right box (the thing that says like atk+5 and stuff) it will stay as the same description as the stat you started holding down at. (for example, if i held down the down button and the cursor came down to defense, then started scrolling, when I would get to the critical stat, it would still say defense +5)

Also, you can call me an uberuberuberuber noob. but can you tell me how to add points after someone levels up? the description at the top of your script doesn't help, because i don't see any def change_exp

okokok i am EXTREMELY SORRY FOR THIS I KNOW I AM DOUBLE POSTING but i really want(not need) help. I already tried modifying the post but if someone went to check unread replies no one would see my question. please tell me how to edit the script so that i can it adds points when I level up. I would use the script in the demo but the demo is version 1.5 and 1.5 doesn't work (I already posted the error) anyway thank you and sorry for double posting. im gonna die probly for doin this  :dead: :dead:

apkx24

er, i could use some help you see...
i did everything correctly and it WILL NOT increase my stat points when i level up.... (the points that you are able to choose where to add)
the default curve set in database works, however
and i cant access it from the status menu, period....
ive copied all of the default scripts from the demo but it wont allow me to add status via the status menu - i have to make an item called add stats that you use to goto the adding menu....
i use windows xp
i have tons of other scripts, do you think this is a script conflict? ill go into greater detail when i am clarified by another member
====================
ok im gonna upload it.... itl take along time
forgot i already posted here, lol
=====
http://www.mediafire.com/?mtylymbwnps
there is all the scripts (not the game with all the files its to big)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.