Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Sideview Battle System

Yazus

SIDEVIEW BATTLE SYSTEM 2.4 (current Relase)
by RPG Tankentai http://rpgex.sakura.ne.jp/home/

Features:
Full working and english translated (by WolfWoodSama) new and very easy to use battle system.
There is a way to use Animated Battlers but i don't know how and what type of battlers i need.
If someone can, search in the script how-to and explain it please.

Unfortunatly, today (march the 1st) RPG Tankentai relased a new version with a lot of bug fixing (2.3)
This version is not translated to english (2.1 is but there are bugs).

So, before the final relase, is consiled to use the japan version and to not translate it because this guys every day relase a new version (ners but we love them)

Screens

http://rpgex.sakura.ne.jp/home/sozai/VXsv01.jpg[/img]
http://rpgex.sakura.ne.jp/home/sozai/VXsv02.jpg[/img]

Tutorial
The standard-battlers are charachters graphic. You need a stand-alone pg charachter like the one in the demo, with the $ before the name.
Multiple character sheet are not allowed. My bad.

Demo
This is the direct link Sideview Battle System 2.4 Demo <- Link Updated

It works for me... o_o And I use the actual legal version =P
Actually, you can't directly use the Game.exe. Use the rvproj one, and then test play it... works for me.

What are you guys talking about?  When I download it, I get something called vxSideView2.2 

No extension.

I try to open it with VX.  nothing.

xephyr14":34czkw5o said:
What are you guys talking about?  When I download it, I get something called vxSideView2.2 

No extension.

I try to open it with VX.  nothing.

I get that too. Can we get a normal file?

It works for me at least. I will repeat, the actual Game.exe doesn't work, you gotta do everything directly from the project.

Hey giuys, unfortunately I have no intentions of trying to translate a new version after last time, but you can still use my translation as a reference as the first (config) script remains about 90% the same in subsequent releases.

ok guys the problem with the opening the game.exe directly is the language on your PC....
but I dealt with this in the japanese vx, just open the project and go to the database and give the characters, charsets, then go to the map and give the event without a charset, a charset.
It should run fine then

WolfwoodSama, and where can we get the translated 2.1 version, so we can get the translations?
Geox-2.0, it's almost what I told 'em, all they need to do is change the images for the NPCs in the rvproj =P

Do this to open the file:

1) double click on it
2) ya it's not working blah blah, click on "select program from the list"
3) find your Winrar or Winzip w/e you use.
4) follow further instructions and the folder should open.

I would like to be able to read all the set up help in the instructions XD .... anyone figure out the set up yet? this is just too cute for words X3

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.