Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System & ATB - Moved

RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System & Active Time Battle
Battle System Scripted by Enu
Translation Continued by Mr. Bubble
Previous Translation Versions by Kylock

Link to the script's original site: ( http://rpgex.sakura.ne.jp/home/ )

This English translation is officially approved by the Japanese creator of this script, Enu.

Screenshots
demo1a.png
demo2copya.png

atb-1.png
atboptions.png

I find it in my best interest to limit the amount of forums I need to update posts on to save myself from the hassle of making sure it is updated everywhere.  Also, the interest for this script on this forum is quite low.  Please redirect all comments, questions, etc. to either of the following message boards:

http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18304

http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=3781

The latest downloads and script information will always be found at these links.  I apologize for any possible inconvenience.

Good job Mr. Bubble, I'm glad you pick up to translate it. Thank you so much and well done on the translation. :P *HI5*

Though I would like to ask a question even though I've seen the changelog. What is new about 2.7? I looked at the site and it state to fix absorption skills or so. OO

EDIT: I'll take my words back. My apologies for not seeing it clearly.

This is great! I have been eagerly awaiting for further updates of this battle system. :)
I can not tell if those bars on the farthest left is the "Limit break/Overdrive" bar, or that it's an ATB.

Shin!: Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. It's the lovely button sitting next to the Scroll Lock button. ;)

Shin!

Hyper Wind":2ajpguav said:
This is great! I have been eagerly awaiting for further updates of this battle system. :)
I can not tell if those bars on the farthest left is the "Limit break/Overdrive" bar, or that it's an ATB.

Shin!: Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. It's the lovely button sitting next to the Scroll Lock button. ;)

:|
I am not asking how to make a screenshot.

I am asking how do I configurate the script so it looks loke the screenshot on the topic...

Shin, look in the demo, and search for this in script editor (first configuration script of Takentai SBS v2.6 or v2.7

Code:
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 # â—

No worries. Their overdrive or limit breaks, oh if you plan to use that gauge, I'd advise that there is a typo in the .txt of Woratana Neo Gauge Engine *GAUHE instead of GAUGE* so check before you post up a problem!

It's funny how I've never realised about changing the words in part 2 of script (last one of 3) for the state extension and etc. Guess i'm starting to look deep into the SBS.

@Off-Topic:
ATB for now, is hard to configure it to make it compatible with Takentai SBS. I might try my hands on configuring it (wish me luck) if I can and have time, so anyone know a good ATB system? If so PM me. Sorry for off-topic.

There is a glitch in your update, that isn't in the regular 2.7 nor in 2.6 by kylock.  Skills that select a random target, lets say you have a skill that selects a random target, and in an attack sequence you use it like 8 times, every time it attacks a random enemy, with yours it always attacks the same enemy all 8 times, even when you have 6 enemies on screen, which is very unlikely in probability, as I tetsed that skill over 25 times.

psymastr":2gan85d2 said:
There is a glitch in your update, that isn't in the regular 2.7 nor in 2.6 by kylock.  Skills that select a random target, lets say you have a skill that selects a random target, and in an attack sequence you use it like 8 times, every time it attacks a random enemy, with yours it always attacks the same enemy all 8 times, even when you have 6 enemies on screen, which is very unlikely in probability, as I tetsed that skill over 25 times.

Was this directly from the demo or the EXTRA demo script installed into another project?

Did you remember to assign the "RANDOMTARGET" extension to the skill you made as a multi hit skill like this?

Code:
  def extension
    case @id
    when (skill#)
      return ["RANDOMTARGET"]

I was just wondering.

Is there like a side-view version of the enemy? Because it would be nice to incorporate the charsets of XP to VX.

EDIT: I found it in topic of the version 2.6.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.