Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] ABS by Vlad.

Faint

Thanks you answered my question perfectly but how can i use The skills? I dont really get it. When i press S nothing happens! :S

lalala

You have to use them after you've asigned them. In Skills menu, press S, for example, in the skill you want to use. It will say 'Memorized' or something like that, and you'll be able to use it in battle.

Faint

Thanks again, it worked :D How to change the HUD? And i have a weird problem with the follow, monster do follow me before i reached them! :S

Amaras

Hopefully future versions will come with sight range for the enemy. That way they will only follow you if you're within X range. It's a little annoying for the enemy to start following you all the way from the other side of the map.

Though actually, shouldn't there be a simple command script to do this?

lalala

Amaras":a0x6i9xw said:
Hopefully future versions will come with sight range for the enemy. That way they will only follow you if you're within X range. It's a little annoying for the enemy to start following you all the way from the other side of the map.

Actually, in the newest version it's possible to do that easily.

Jason

Awesome Bro

lalala":6u8xneqd said:
Amaras":6u8xneqd said:

Actually, in the newest version it's possible to do that easily.

Mind telling us how to do it then ?

Demo please
and if You know anyone who can read and traslate spanish GET HIS+M TO YOUR PC NOW SO HE CAN TRASALATE THESE DARN FILES

Hello to everyone ...
I am Raphael, a member of Crissaegrim ...
We will clarify things:

1) Vlad is not Spanish ... is Brazilian and I and the rest of the team

2) someone asked permission to post the script here?

3) expect a demo of Ghotic Castle to see the latest version of ABS ...

4) I will speak to Vlad on the doubts of some of you ...

Excuse by errors of grammar, as it does not speak English well and use a translator ...

Is it plausible to edit how long the sight range is before the monster comes to attack you? That's pretty much all this needs in my opinion, then it'll be a good partly full ABS! =)

-Krobe

renoir

How do I disable the HUD in the case of Events or Sequences?

What I mean is... How can I alter the code so that allows me to quickly terminate and recall the HUD at will?

I like it, but it has the same collision problem (attacking from far away) I've encountered before with abs's.

This could be solved by somehow calculating the enemy's location per pixel rather than by square (currently his location is the tile he's just started to move onto, which is why the hero gets hurt from a tile away.

I guess this could go hand-in hand with a pixel movement script. Know of any good ones that would work with it?

Code:
Script 'ABS' line 505: NameError occurred.

undefined method `update' for class `Scene_Skill'

how do I fix this?

i use abs system for vx just for more fps
but this system is……
the script “all keyboardâ€

How could I make it so that the monster doesn't follow you after you change his event page?

For example, I have it so it drops items after it dies, but the items still follow the player.

Any help?
-Krobe

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.