Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] ABS by Vlad.

Well,It Worked But I have  Questions  :neutral:
My Questions
1.How Can I use Skills?
2.Can I Use Range Skills? :wink:
Plz Answer  :crazy:

When I downloaded the demo and tried to play it, it opened, showed a black screen, and closed on me. I then opened RPG Maker VX and tried to open the project from there. When I play tested, same thing happened. I then deleted the scripts and re-implemented them. When I pressed new game, it then said :

"Script 'ABS' Line 229: NameError occured.
uninitialized constant Game_Player::Attack_Button"

Hey Vlad, you did a greate job man! But i`ve got three sugestions: is there any way you could implement simple pixelmovement, option of visible weapon wich have to hit the target do couse demage ( like in zelda games) and possibility of making destructable bushes, boxes, barrels etc aswel as activating switches ( like buttons ) when hitted by spell or arrow.

regards!

I agree that those would be excellent additions that would make this perfect. My only complaints are the lack of per pixel collision detection and pixel movement, thereby reducing skill involved and making it largely up to chance if you get a hit or get hit.

Isn't there a way to make it less rigid and therefore more based on the player's abilities?

I have 2 questions about spells

1) How do i choose how the spell will look in the game?
2) I trying to press "S" but i wont do any spell, how do i use spells?

BTW Very nice script!

I know the Crissagrim or whatever ABS is released and is basically better than this one, but I wanna use this one.  I can't get the other one to work AT ALL. 

The only thing this needs is a way to make skills work.  Can someone please scripts a way to make my player's skills hit?  That's ALL I need.

EDIT:

I hope I didn't necropost.  I just really don't wanna use the other ABS.  =[

Brimstone-x":1buz4116 said:
Is there a way to make it so I can make events that are attackable, but they can't attack you? Like, say I wanted to make, say, a...Box or something to destroy, how would I set it so I can attack it, but it can't attack me.
all you do for that is same thing as monsters but on the enemies tab in database delete attack and don't put the follow in event

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.