Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

VVVVVV

So I actually shelled out $15 and just beat this game. It's a great game, but definitely not worth a whole $15 - I beat it in less than 2 hours. :|

I actually didn't find it too hard! At least, it was easier than I thought. By far the most deaths I got was in the whole "Veni Vidi Vici" charade, but most of the rest of the game was pretty easy. Although the part where you had to guide the yellow guy (Vitellary?) around the strange dimension place was really hard imo.

Also,
psiclone":xxcffbfy said:
peri, the part you were stuck on "M for murder" or w/e, i did that one after 5 tries lol. guess it just goes to show how different people are and how they can react to things.
Weird, this room only took me 2 tries, and the whole final challenge was easier than the rest of the game imo O.o

stat;s
stats.png

and I also finally found out why it was called VVVVVV (although in retrospect, couldn't probably figured it out earlier!)
vvvvvv2.png

mawk

Sponsor

they're also in Dimension VVVVVV and VVVVVV looks a lot like spikes. apparently Terry came up with the name before the other stuff, so it means a lot of things.

Just finished. It feel like finishing a sequel to "I Wanna be the Guy". :toot: :toot:

vvvvvv.JPG
Also, Snipping Tool sucks.

I am a huge fan of this game!

I have yet to complete it because I am playing other games at the moment, but this is one of the most original and most fun that I have played.

The graphics are both retro and cute, and the gameplay is completely unique.

It's also... not necessarily "hard", but poses a challenge if you aren't paying attention or are doing other things at the time ^^.

Loraine":1x6nkef9 said:
if you aren't paying attention or are doing other things at the time ^^.

My favorite activity, along with procrastination.

Actually, I now play the veni-vidi-vici to relieve stress. I love that puzzle.

What are your Super Gravitron high scores, guys? My high score seems to be stuck at 9.83 for a long time... :angel:

Edit: Deleting temp files deleted my saves. WHAT

Spoo

Sponsor

I picked it up and I'm currently super disappointed at the lack of controller support.

Like I know there's not much to press but platformers in general feel better on a pad.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.