Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Visual RGSS Express -- IMPORTANT UPDATE

OS

Sponsor

...when I release it...

The demo is going to be open for the public to use. I plan to get started this weekend, but I wouldn't count on the demo being release for at least a few weeks.

This is something I would never imagined done. Wow.
Okay, done with compliments. So... 3 questions:
~There will be a demo, but what will be included?
~I've seen a few links and heard some rumors. Will there be a Visual Editor for RGSS2 also?
~ Lastly, will there be a built in 'Build' and test function?

-Lonelyelf

OS

Sponsor

1. I plan to have both the Window and Scene Visual Editors in the Demo.

2. If I can manage to get a copy of RMVX, then I promise a second version for use with RGSS2.

3. There will be no need. Since there is no way to edit source directly, there is no need to test code. It will always work! But you have to keep in mind that the current version concept has removed the entirety of the Event-Coding Editor. You can only place windows, setup a Scene, and select several options that will make things easier for the User. The real meat of the script will be done by hand in RMXP/VX by the User.

But the User will get some short cuts, like deciding what a selected command does in a command window, whether it be calling another scene or moving the window, or making another window active for use.

Glad to see interest still lives in this. Peace.

~OS

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.