Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The Screenshot Thread 2

((I know we're getting off topic))

Did you make that model of the girl? She looks interesting. XD

We are still making these graphics for the snow island at the beginning of Ghost Shards...
RvAq7VD.png

I need more knowledge so I can Star do this faster. ;_;

Nope, all the graphics are placeholders. That's Unity-chan, a free model the Unity company made to help promote their product in Japan. My own stuff is still a WIP.

Nice screenshot, by the way!

Wow thread when did you get active?

Oh, right after all my work was done and showed.

You make me sick.

Ha, well anyway, here's a very abridged preview on what I'm beginning work on.
sg5VMzH.png

rgangsta":2fsxs579 said:
BizarreMonkey":2fsxs579 said:
And now... we quake.
THE MIRTHFUL IMPETUS OF AWESOME GAEM HAS COME!

Say that 5 times fast. lol Menagerie is a great game. I'm gonna try to finish it along with some other RM games I never got to finish: Skyborn, Linus, Amulet of Athos, Star Stealing Prince, etc.

Here's a rework of the title screen to CyberDrive Ninja. You can't see the logo very well here, but in motion, the title creates great contrast between the logo, fog, and background.
title-9873.png

And here are some non-in-game screenshots but they have to do with the game nonetheless.

PDF Guide to CyberDrive
cover-cydr-9873.png
WIP World Map. Notice chuncks of Japan are missing. :D
worldmap-9873.png

忍者!这可是个很棒的题材!

RMHFaMa.png

Screwing around with old projects. GTX 980 + i7@4.2GHz starts to slow down at 1000 cubes, so there's a definite bottleneck in my old GL work. What an embarrassment! Wish I had the time/patience/motivation to tidy it up.

Jason":1kdk73ma said:
But when would you ever want to show 1000 cubes onscreen in an RPG Maker game anyway?
Well if we were to convert the map system to use OpenGL we'd need a few planes for the ground and a load of planes for each layer and a load more for events. We could even use cubes for the other layers. Could do a full Minecraft style world built in RPG Maker.

A cube is just a single vertex buffer objects, basically the performance drops at 1000 VBOs on a high performance machine, that's actually terrible as it's all the same VBO so it should be able to go 100 times that before a frame rate starts to drop. Most 3D games go over 1000 VBOs easily in a single scene.

I do expect if I were to write it properly it would be possible to get a full performing 3D renderer in RPG Maker with almost no overhead. But again, no motivation/time/etc because pretty much no-one wants it! I started this for research at work and that's already been completed.

regi

Sponsor

Hey guys! I'm still alive and hacking away. Just recently put together a platformer for a game design class if you're looking for something a little different!

Looking cool Regi, I'll try it out sometime!
I got Bored of doing nothing so even though it won't be used in a game I did a something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIRWQAcK2hc
God I love working in picture-evented planetary cutscenes.

That is so cool Regi! :D

I had this silly idea for a title screen when thinking of a game I'm making for month-long jam. So here it is:

screenie-title.png

It is mostly to my vision, but now that I look at it, having the quill further away with little dots connecting from it to the word would be kind of cool. Like a real table of contents.

I'm not sure how I would do that, though. o.o

Some trees for my game in early development stages. The tree is a visual representation of how well you're doing in the game. Once it starts making fruit, it can drop new seeds to make new trees. If you stop playing, the trees whither and die.

dw97b.png

2wntnqh.png

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.