Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

the crybaby hacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruth

Grrrr...I cannot comprehend what kind of a loser would do this to an entire forum. Someone needs to be tied down and get a swift kick from everyone on the forums.

Again, we know that we need to restore a backup, and we want to as soon as possible as well. And please stop with creative methods of punishment as they don't really help much either. :-/

Ammom":129s5qvw said:
I'm sure this might take a bit to do, right?
Will they have to close down the forums to restore everything?

I'm not sure, but most forums I dealt with cannot be accessed while a backup is being restored... but the backup only takes a few minutes. But then again, I've never really dealt with vB in terms of backup restoration.

Fact of the matter is that it happened.

They can restore almost everything, and they keep daily backups, so no worries right? We can't really do anything about this except ban the member, and seeing as how he's a hacker, I doubt that will stop him.

I think everyone just needs to cool it now.

Go back to your gaming, deal with what you got, and quit your whining.

Tdata

Sponsor

I doubt will be a backup restored right now. Also, i noticed that not all the post are like this. Some are normal. I hate people who hack forums. It give us real Hackers a bad name... 10:1 It was a sql injection script. vB 3.5.1 and .2 have a security hole. It is/will be fixed with .3 .

Bruth

Small correction here...he's a cracker, not a hacker. It's a Common misconception, hackers are people that don't do harm, crackers do.

Don't yell at Erk. People shouldn't be flaming first off.
Second off, you can't expect him to backup daily like that, I'm sure he has a life outside this forum now...

so, anyone has idea about who's this cracker might be? and what we're gonna do about him? He's a cracker, afterall... we can't simply ban him...

OS

Sponsor

Bruth is right. I was just about to post the same thing. We are dealing with a moderate to advanced cracker, with tools he/she probly made. If this person was a hacker, the worst they would do is take the source of the projects or something, and usually only with permission.

I think the first step is to back up, but if you want to find the Cracker, I suggest checking source for the main links and try to chek as many files as we can. If we can find abnormalities, I can help catch this idiot.

I'm sure alot of us could. One thing this person doesn't realize, is that many, many, many of us are programmers. Most of us have basic to great knowledge of how code works and what it should look like. And most of all, alot of us lost important data because of this. Even if it's restored, it's still a waste of time, effort, and energy. So if we find the source of the virus or whatever it is, than we can stop this jerk.

BTW, if it is a virus, there is a chance it will infect your computers. even if not designed to do so, they can come in and ruin text files and such, maybe even system32 files. So scan your PC's for viruses whenever you get the chance.

Petros said:
Jeez Trinity, THERE ARE BACKUPS PEOPLE! ONCE PER NIGHT! LISTEN TO ERK, DARK ZERO, MYSELF AND COUNTLESS OTHERS!
thats why in my poost i asked if soemone could upload the backup files...

They said it was Daton. And I pointed out the fact that banning will have little effect on him. What else can be done? I just say we update what we can for now, you know?

Sorry about not staying on topic: just sick of listening to people whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.