Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Script Edits and Combatabilty Request Here! Also Normal Reques (Taking Request!)

Did you find My help/edits usefull?

• Yes

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
For some reason, I'm getting a syntax error on line 110. I'll work with it though to figure it out, unless you know. Also there's a random "o" on that line too.

And don't worry. You'll definantly be recieving credit.  :thumb:

Guh, DAMN YOU COPY AND PASTE!

Replace lines 109-110 with this,

bitmap = RPG::Cache.character(@characters[0], @characters[1])

It should be one line but the 0 got cut off and the line finsihes up on 110. Just a glich with copy and past. Try it now =D.

bitmap = RPG::Cache.character(@characters[0], @characters[1])

bitmap = RPG::Cache.character(@characters[

NVM its the posting system -.- Here let me make a demo for you lol.

Demo => http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NLYNOJ6B

There that should work for ya! Sorry the posting system is having issues with the script.

... Hmmm Well Idk. I'v created menus before for myself with VX but not on XP. If you could give me an Options script FOR XP I could edit it but with no base script and no knowlage I can't realy jump in to this one =D. Simply give me a script and I can help or get VX =D.

BTW Might convert the mog save script over to VX.  :thumb:

Alright, sweet. Sounds good. The things I want incorperated are actually, for the most part, already there. There is one bug that I found though, which is that if you set the BGM to zero at all, and then turn it back up, it doesn't work, and the music is basically gone. The things that i want in the options menu are as follows:

Change BGM
Change BGS
Change WindowSkin
Change Font Color
Change Font Type
Change Text Speed

That about raps it up. I'm not sure exactly what else is in it, but delete the font size option. I don't like that, and anything else that's not what I listed.

(This isn't necessary)Another cool thing would be If you could make it so the options menu uses pictures for the back ground,volume control, and windowskins, etc...instead of a seperate window. Like Mogs stuff basically. I'm sure this would be difficult though so, I won't give my hopes up on this.

Here is Aleworks Options menu

Thanks again for your awsome help.  :thumb:

GUH! Might work on this later... As for right now I'm working on converting over the MOG'S save menu I gave you over to VX. I can't get it to do two things. One Reconize the damn file. Two Reconize if it's saving or loading. And Yes I have set the imput veriables... Damn this sucks.

WOOT got my frist conversion form XP to VX almost done! I'm converting the old MOG Save Secen that I edited for GuitarShredderj and putting it on VX! So far it has 6 Files but I might increase this. I'v fixed a lot of bugs... Last ones to fix are...

1. Save the name of the map to the file.

2. Save the level of the character

I might even add my own addons =D

@Guitarshredderj

BTW I'll see what i can do.

EDIT: Man this one is confusing... I hate the XP style for this sort of thing. It makes it way more crowded then it needs to be =P. I don't know how to edit it that well. I'll come back to it after a few more MOG script Conversions.

Update on the MOG Conversion I got it almost done! I just have to do a bit more...

Got it to find the map name and display it now on the load and the save screen now all I have to do now is just do some eyecandy updates and it will be done. = D

Necro, the scripts are coming in time. Just gonna take a look at them now and see wat more needs to be done.
as for the Crissaegrim, I don't have the damage decay script. I can't notice anywhere in the script that may modify the HP of the enemy though.

Hey, I have an idea Necro. You said your good with VX, so i was thinking this could be an alternated thing. I know of an advanced VX options menu. Could you use that as a template, and transfer it to XP? I'm just thinking that may be easier on you. I think you would need the authors permission to do that though, but would that be a big deal for you? Just making some suggestions is all  :thumb:...

@Selacius

Lol it's there. Just get my script (You don't have to use it just get it) and do Ctrl + F and serch #Edit until you find something that looks like this...

dam = playerdamge / rand(8)

if you can't find that use Ctrl + F to find rand. The only time it's used is in my script. That's the part you need to edit in the original.

@GuitarshredderJ

I could always give it a try. Never BACKWRADS compatabled a script before =X. You could just get VX lol.

Don't know if you understood my problem fully. In the database the enemie's HP is set to 100, but the damage I deal to the enemy until he dies is much less than 100.

Maybe you don't understand ME. The portion I told you to look at is the part that edits the display portion for the damage. You probubly have it so that the damage is being desplayed LESS then the damage that your doing. This means in the section that I added the Decay damage part you most likely have something like -30 to this. This means you'll be doing 100 damage but it will show you 70. If you don't quite understand how the script works, post it here. I'll look at it for ya.  :thumb: BTW not the original script... Yours. lol. (Just incase you thought otherwise.)

Necro_100000":3hzbzw10 said:
@Superman Prime

Ugh another XP... I can do it and Infact in this case I have some experiance with this script! Infact I was able to edit this one quite a bit. But That was the VX version that has been trasferd... (lol) So I'll see what I can do. They should be simmaler so I should be able to do it easy. Give me awhile though. VX comes before XP and I got a VX from Selacius! XD.

Ah, that’s no problem. I’m in no hurry, I can wait as long as it takes.  :smile:

Nope, it appears to be reflecting the same amount of damage that I am dealing. Nothing is being modified to the numbers being displayed. So I don't know why it is happening at all unless there is already a random part somewhere the adjusts the health and such. If I could find a way to display the enemies HP in numbers it would be much easier to check.

Hope No one fells ignored lol. I'v been working on my game. I worked a deal with ZeRo-BaSs (if you don't know him youtube it =D) to use his techno in my game. Then It's been Girlfriend stuff and you know how it is.

@Superman Prime

Thanks for waiting! Actualy, I almost got it worked out! =D you see all I need to do it make the files move like in GuittarShreaders Save script. Besides that I just have to find how the actors are orginized (Mostlikely use the i in party.actors) and just set it up so it reads all the actors. Then just move this here and that there you know how it is with MOG's Stuff lol. I will actualy do yours ASAP but I do have my own game and I'v been bussy lately... If anyone also needs graphics thats no problem ather. I do do graphics to (Not super, but I can make the mog type stuff in photoshop now =D) so If you need new graphics to I can do that to, but expect it to take longer.

@Scelacius

Upload a demo and I'll get right on it! Crissagrim is one of my shining points as you know so I could fix that one in like an hour.

@Ass

Oh yes... I love Takentai Sideview and I work with it all the time, but this Count time battle system is new to me. I could make them capatable but It might tare up your compatability lol. It will eat up a lot of extensions and if you use a lot of other battle scripts. (As I do) it can take a day or two to set up the scripts.

@Everyone

I might be on and off and not offer on the spot help for the next week (sorry) BUT I'm am working on your problems! Work/Help might be slow but thats not a big deal. I'll do what I can to help you guys.

BTW since I'v become slightly populer I'm going to set up a listing on the front page to show you what I'm working on and the order I'll do it in. So for now on Check the front page for listings! =D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.